• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Animal Crossing Mobile? New Leaf mini?

will.

poke it out
Bells
Yellow Star Fragment
の
Star Glow Wand
の
Yellow Feather
I'm quite excited for the mobile game but then, also not very excited. I feel like it might just be a 'trial' version of ACNL or maybe a Switch AC. I'm thinking of it as an Animal Crossing version of The Sims Freeplay. You can do a lot, but not that much compared to the real game. Also, wayyyyyy better controls on a 3ds. What are your opinions?

I heard it's supposed to connect to an existing game, so probably New Leaf unless they spring a new game on us, which isn't likely. I dunno if it's true though. I'm excited though! I'd hate if it's like Freeplay though... that would suck.

I'm worried it'll be full of microtransactions like every other mobile game.

It seems weird that they would link it to New Leaf since it's an older game and they already had one giant update. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a Nintendo Direct announcing a new game for the Switch with the mobile thing as a complement to it.

I haven't been following/heard of the mobile game, but I kind of... don't want one. They're usually fads (look at Pokemon Go), or full of microtransactions, or have a lot of simple, reduced mechanics. But if it isn't a full-fledged game and just a complement to some other game, then that might be more promising.

I think it's supposed to come out this year...probably in the fall.
Maybe it has something to do with the "Do you have Wifi?" feature????

Well I'd be down to play AC on mobile but I just really REALLY want the Nintendo Switch AC to be released soon tbh, I really can't wait for that despite not having a Nintendo Switch myself xD

There is one curious thing I've noticed about how Nintendo franchises have marketed their Freemium games: Once they announce the official names of these games, they release them fairly quickly afterwards. The freemium Kirby, Pokemon, and Fire Emblem games felt like they came out of nowhere, compared to the main title games of Zelda and Mario, where the times were all set to players far in advance.

This Animal Crossing Mobile game, however, is in an awkward spot. Hardly anything is known about it, other than that it has been incredibly delayed. It will probably be released like the freemiums, where it just appears a week after its name and advertising appears. But I wonder what is going on with the heavy delay...

I think the farming feature will take center stage. There'll probably be microtransactions to speed up the growth of trees, bushes, etc.

I honestly felt it would work something like SplatNet--where it is connected to a main game, but simply offers other little side things the main game does not. Maybe it's for ordering clothes or fixing your inventory. Maybe it helps you keep in touch better with friends. The app could be anything really, Nintendo didn't say it would be a Freemium AC game. I think it's going to be a small piece to something much larger, which I dearly hope results in a AC Switch game.

As much as I would love one I'm afraid of it being riddled with Microtransactions for everything.
When I first heard about it I was super excited but now with it continously getting delayed I'm less and less excited and more worried about it since we don't know much

I'm kind of excited (and a bit impatient, every so often I look to see if there's any new news on it) but I'm echoing microtransaxtions concerns. I hope it won't be a component, actually, but sort of a standalone? It's hard to explain... I'm confused about the delay and more than a little concerned, too.

I've never liked mobile games, and that includes Nintendo's offerings. I'll still check it out as I love AC, but the version I'm really looking forward to is the Switch

i really wish they would just stop all their AC side projects (spin offs etc) and give us fans a new real AC game already.

I hate mobile games, so I'm personally not excited for it.. I hope it's a good game for those who do like to play on mobile though.

I'm just waiting for a new main title game to come out. I'm stuck between buying a Switch or a PS4 and I won't know for sure which one I'll get until AC is announced.. well, if it's even announced for the Switch to begin with. We'll just have to wait and see. :)

I'm kind of excited but I'm kind of not? I'm excited to see where it takes Animal Crossing buuuuut I'm also scared that it will ruin the game for me in some sort of odd way? I just don't want it to be gimmicky and like a money scheme for the company. I dont know. Just some of my small thoughts.

I hate mobile games, so I'm personally not excited for it.. I hope it's a good game for those who do like to play on mobile though.

I'm just waiting for a new main title game to come out. I'm stuck between buying a Switch or a PS4 and I won't know for sure which one I'll get until AC is announced.. well, if it's even announced for the Switch to begin with. We'll just have to wait and see. :)

AC belongs to nintendo so ofc they would release it on the switch. why release it on a console that is not under the brand? i do hope the next AC stays on the 3ds tho

AC belongs to nintendo so ofc they would release it on the switch. why release it on a console that is not under the brand? i do hope the next AC stays on the 3ds tho

LOLLL I know, that's not what I meant. I want to get the PS4 for a different game coming out, but if AC is released on the switch before that I'll want to get the switch first. Does that make sense?

Last edited:
LOLLL I know, that's not what I meant. I want to get the PS4 for a different game coming out, but if AC is released on the switch before that I'll want to get the switch first. Does that make sense?

oh ok. i thought you said you'll get whatever device the new main ac game comes out on.

oh ok. i thought you said you'll get whatever device the new main ac game comes out on.

No no, I just worded it weirdly. I can see how it could be taken that way so that was a mistake on my part. Sorry about that!

but yeah, I just mean if AC comes out for the switch soon I'll definitely have to get that before I buy anything else. :)

Back