Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
May Birthstone (Emerald)
Ruby
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Green Candy
I just recently gave my mum my second copy of ACNL. She started her town today and has been playing for 3 hours now. It's fun to watch her get used to it 'cause she's never played a video game before.

Do any of you have family that play Animal Crossing? I'm excited for when we can visit each other's towns. :3

wow i wish my family played- there are four people in my immediate family and it would be awesome if we all had a town party :')))

you're lucky you have someone you know irl to play with!! and your mom sounds super cute figuring out acnl :blush:

I tried getting my brother to play multiple games in the series and he gave up and gave me his copies every time.

I got my little sister to play by showing her dream diaries of Aika village and the Town of the Artist. We've both agreed that if that doll ever shows up in either of our towns, our game systems will be promptly thrown out the nearest window. Of course she was joking. I, on the other hand, have a long standing phobia of dolls and view that thing as devil spawn.

Last edited:
I actually started playing New Leaf thanks to my brother! I had played Wild World for a couple years and then 6 months after my brother got NL, I downloaded it. It's so fun to have someone to trade with and compare with. It's so cool because we live together so it's that much easier to play online with him. He helped my build my town a lot haha. He also gave me may tips when building my first town.

Nope, I always get the 'You're too old to be playing this game' thing.

My younger sister does, when I'm at my moms house we earn medals together haha.
My older sister and mom played the other ac games but sadly they never got 3ds's so they don't play new leaf. :(

Never let people tell you that you're too old for the Animal Crossing games. This can bring people great joy and honestly, I tried playing this game when I was little and it made no sense to me. i tried Wild World and New Leaf a few years later and now I totally understand and appreciate the concepts of the game. There's so much more than just running around and picking your fruit. Creating beautiful towns is something that, usually, younger kids can't totally do, so I think that most of the AC community is made up of teens and older.

Never let people tell you that you're too old for the Animal Crossing games. This can bring people great joy and honestly, I tried playing this game when I was little and it made no sense to me. i tried Wild World and New Leaf a few years later and now I totally understand and appreciate the concepts of the game. There's so much more than just running around and picking your fruit. Creating beautiful towns is something that, usually, younger kids can't totally do, so I think that most of the AC community is made up of teens and older.

Absolutely agreed! My mum is 53 and today was her first day playing. And she loved it!

My little brother does. I wish my grandma had a 3ds because it'd be a lot of fun and I think she'd like it. Unfortunately, my grandpa is very controlling and doesn't like video games, so they only have a PS1 and Atari.
My mom hates video games, my dad plays some but doesn't have a 3ds. Plus he'd get bored.

So nice that you got your mom playing ACNL. She going to enjoy it.
I got my son started with the gamecube one. He thought it was a silly game and than I caught him playing my copy. Bought him an memory card so he could make his own town.
With Wild World we shared the cartridge and town. His characters are still in the house.
I bought ACNL and kept telling him(Adult now) how much fun it was. One day we were in the car and he pulled a 3DS with an ACNL cartridge inside. We visited and traded items a lot.

I also bought the gamecube one for my niece and nephew. They were going thru a hard time and it helped. They shared one town and made decisions together. They haven't bought the ACNL but love seeing mine.

I'd like to get my mom to play it, I think it'd be something she would enjoy (she loves playing farming games on facebook and other similar games). Just need to save up for another 3ds and game :)

Plus I could finally have someone to go on island tours with lol they're sooo boring by yourself

Well they don't since they're pretty old but when I showed them the game, they genuinely look interested and I'm happy with that xD

Back