Red Candy
Red Candy
Winter Mittens
Lucky
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Timmy Christmas Doll
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
I know, I know, Animal Crossing Switch isn't going to be arriving until next year at the very earliest, but I'm just so hyped up for it!

Are there any plans to add a board for it before any official announcements are out or would this be too early? I've seen some discussion about AC Switch in the General AC Discussion section, but perhaps not enough to warrant a new board.

Or rather, should a board for AC Switch be added before any official announcements? I think it would be good for keeping things organised but wouldn't be used a great deal until the game is actually released.

What if it isn't on the switch? Because some think it will be for mobile, others think it'll be on the switch. There isn't any proof of what it will be on, it's too early.

Last edited:
What if it isn't on the switch? Because some think it will be for mobile, others think it'll be on the switch. There isn't any proof of what it will be on, it's too early.

There's no way they'd have a proper Animal Crossing game on mobile.
App = little freemium whatever (think Amiibo Festival 2)
Switch = proper full game
It might be cool if the app and Switch game were linked somehow, although I reckon they'll be released too far apart for that to be reasonable.

Recently, Nintendo have been testing that there's still demand for Animal Crossing - since the app is publicly known as being worked on, it's extremely likely that a full Switch Animal Crossing game is in alpha stage. They already have the character models sorted but we don't know much else currently.

i don't think a board should be made for the next game until we have it written in stone what platform it will be on. (or at least a confirmed announcement another game even exists)

We won't be making a new board unless a game is announced.

who even says the next game will be on the switch? it could very well end up being on the 3DS' (proper) successor, when it releases

Last edited:
I think you guys are getting your hopes up too much for another game at all, to be brutally honest.

I think you guys are getting your hopes up too much for another game at all, to be brutally honest.

I don't think the series would completely die out yet at least. Surely there will be another full game. By full game I mean another improved New Leaf, not a Amiibo Festival or god forgive a mobile app.

It's just a matter of when and which console. I think they've got the perfect opportunity right now with the Switch since you can play it in a variety of different ways; tabletop, handheld or TV. Plus you can play it anywhere. Having said that, it might not come out on the Switch anyway but it would be a missed opportunity if they didn't make one for it. Unless they come up with something better than the Switch which is hopefully a few years away since a lot of us have brought Switches lol.

I really don't think it's as popular as people make it out to be. At least, not enough (and not enough when compared to their other IPs).

It's iconic, and it's special, but it'll probably have the same fate as Metroid (though Metroid is now being revived, which is great news).

I really don't think it's as popular as people make it out to be. At least, not enough (and not enough when compared to their other IPs).

It's iconic, and it's special, but it'll probably have the same fate as Metroid (though Metroid is now being revived, which is great news).

?????

JWZIyHA.png

I think we can safely say that Animal Crossing isn't going to be relegated to Metroid status anytime soon.

Although one of the features from the upcoming Animal Crossing mobile app hinted at the potential existence of the next mainline Animal Crossing installment, there's practically zero documentation about everything else for that title. How could one be expected to form a discussion that is pertaining to that game when we know next to nothing about it? And the topics that would typically crop up from an "unannounced" title would pretty much be some sort of wishlist at their core. You might just as well use the general Animal Crossing board for that, or perhaps even a new sub-board involving the future of Animal Crossing.

At this point, it wouldn't make sense to open a Animal Crossing Switch board right away with too little information floating in the Internet. Give Nintendo some time to properly announce the interesting facts about the upcoming installment, and we will have quite a good chunk of things to talk about.

I disagree. I'd even go as far to say that Animal Crossing is in Nintendo's top 5 franchises.

Imo I think one should be added!
I hope it comes first thing next year, I can't wait
Also what happened to the app it was supposed to come out this summer

Yup, anytime in this fiscal year is the only official word. I can understand the perception of a summer release though -- I certainly didn't expect it to be this long a delay on top of the previous delays personally.

Perhaps we'll see something at next week's Apple event like Super Mario Run last year?

thanks for the plug

Animal crossing has been on both handhelds and consoles, so it'd be a really weird move if they didn't make a successful improved full game after New Leaf, for the Switch. Also, I have been holding off even buying the nintendo switch because there isn't an animal crossing game on it.. The moment it releases, I'm buying a switch right away.

Also, I have been holding off even buying the nintendo switch because there isn't an animal crossing game on it.. The moment it releases, I'm buying a switch right away.

Same, but I may end up getting one as I'll no doubt want one before the "New" Switch is released. Either AC Switch or HarmoKnight 2 would seal the deal for me.

- - - Post Merge - - -

is there even evidence for a new game at all

Not for the Switch, no.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I can't wait!! I'm really worried thought because I thought we would've heard something by now

Yeah... New Leaf's first trailer was uploaded to YouTube just a few months after the release of the 3DS. However, it then took another two years for the game to be released (1? for Japan) so I don't think I'd want to be waiting that long between a trailer and release for the potential Switch version.

Back