• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Contest big huge massive amazing TBT art giveaway/contest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would you be interested in joining?

• Total voters

Nightmares

( ̄。 ̄)~zzz
Bells
Red Holiday Candle
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
New Leaf Token
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
Blue Candy
Yellow Candy
Tasty Cake
Happy Home Designer Token
Red Candy
Green Candy
Feedback
100% (90) +
Hey hey, so I was wondering if anyone would be interested in participating in an art contest (to draw characters of my choice?)

How much TBT do you think first prize should receive? (obviously, it's going to be a large amount and not like 300TBT lmao)
What additional prizes would you like to see?
Would you prefer one big prize, or multiple smaller prizes (e.g. 1st, 2nd, 3rd)?
Should the winner be chosen on skill and effort, or randomly generated?

Any other suggestions or questions regarding this contest would be appreciated.

If no one is interested, then I won't go ahead with this obviously...
Thanks for reading ^^

im interested but if it's one of those where there's no entry prize and u keep all the entries then no

im interested but if it's one of those where there's no entry prize and u keep all the entries then no

Ye, Like Evv said, I'm not sure about others but I really dislike art contest where the host gets all this free art, The prize has to be worth it and some sort of participation gift to people. Why would people put effort and time into an art piece for a chance at winning, if the prize is low or even similar to their normal commission prices.

To answer your questions.
-Randomly generated results would make people not put effort into something because why would they? Who would put a lot of time and effort into something that isnt going to be skill based judged. And Skill based judge will probably also throw people away if they notice an artist whos art quality is better than theirs joined the contest. But I would still go for Skill.
- While I dont think 1 person should be chosen because it would discourage people from joining , all it would take is one good artist to enter to get people thinking well, noway my art gonna win, no reason to enter. I would scale it depending on how many people actually enter, maybe 1 prize at 5 people, or 2 prizes at 10?
-The prizes should be above the average art value in these forums, while this can be difficult to judge I think something around atleast 1k tbt( + )

Last edited:
I'm not a big fan of contests where artists give away art for the just the possibility of a prize. Art is work like anything else and should be paid as such. (Moreso in cases of businesses and stuff who can afford to pay artists but use contests instead. But I digress.)

I don't mean to sound mean or rude, I hope it doesn't come across that way D:

If others are interested, though, I agree with Luxanna that the prizes would have to be of a certain value. And definitely not randomly generated 'cause yeah, no one would put effort in. Maybe one prize for traditional art, one for digital art.

I'd probably join but the prizes have to be worth it, and there should be a participation prize too.

I would not use a random generator, personally.

Also will traditional art be accepted? I don't do digital.

Back