• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Your Animal Crossing changes ...

xWENDYx

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
If you were designing the next Animal Crossing game what would you change or add to make it better?

Would you allow the Mayor to edit their town as to where buildings, rocks, rivers, and other currently fixed things are placed?

I'd add crops and farming. I'd really like to be able to grow carrots and vines/shrubs/etc. It'd be really cool.

I'd add a house designing job HHD style. I hate how some villagers have hideous houses and there's nothing I can do about it.

Last edited:
I swear, people keep reviving these idea threads... Come on man. Nintendo is already working hard on AC Mobile, and they're (HOPEFULLY) making animal crossing for the switch as well!
All of these ideas are great, but Nintendo next to never accepts any fan ideas.... ;-;

Idea threads are fun! They don't mean that they expect people to put these things in AC, it's just a fun place to express creative ideas with one another.

I'd like there to be a front yard option like in HHD, and I'd like villagers to have one too. And even maybe being able to decorate the store layouts too, that would be neat

I would like a yard around my house.

I would add the three tier villages again, balls around town for animals to play with, the ability to have a certain amount of patio. Being able to turn PWPs to face other directions, hosting parties outside of just birthdays, being able to choose hair length and type and color more than they have now and ability to choose hairstyles that aren't the set piece. Also being able to wear multiple accessories, like hats and glasses at the same time.

I hope in the next game they delve more into villager ai. While animal crossing has always been about collecting, I feel in recent games its just gone whole hog on collecting and the villagers are secondary. The villagers are very boring with very limited dialogue in acnl. I hope in the next game they do something to make the town feel more dynamic, ie villagers forming relationships with eachother over time with a distinct feeling, ie maybe jocks will take lazys under their wing and try train them, and we might see those two villagers hanging out together and excercising. But maybe lazys and jocks might dislike eachother because of their wildly different attitudes? anything to make the town feel unique and dynamic is good to me.

The way I see it is say you have lily in your town. By being in your town lily will develop habits depending on your style of play and how you treat her. If you're always turning down lilies requests or being mean to her, maybe she will become a bit insecure, and when she moves to a new players town this will show haha. I would like it to feel like there are consequences to ignoring your villagers , and that them being your good friend is very rewarding. Breath of the wild had amazing enemy ai! so who knows, it could happen ^^

i would change the camera angle slightly while making everything bigger so everyone's towns feel much bigger and can achieve the feeling of having a forest easier along with making it feel more immersive

More shops in the games and maybe letting the villagers to get part time jobs too so they won't have to keep wandering around the town and spreading the ugly green duck shirt to other. I think what they did in HHD shop was very cool. The villagers are more interacting with each other. I think if they actually spend more time on developing HHD into full game, it might be better. Instead of only being able to choose only one role in the game why don't they let player to choose which jobs they want or at least let players switch to different job? Being the major of a town is fun but once you are done with building all the shop, public projects, it is very boring to be a mayor.

I also think instead of fixing a villager into specific type of personality, maybe they can have a set of personalities that can fit with the design of that villager and let the game randomly choose which personality that the villager will have.

Finally, better chatting system would be great.

i would change the maps. i miss the maps from city folk and being able to live right by the sea. now it feels like the beach is really separate from the rest of the town

I would add both the ability to help place a villager's home and have a little garden. Even the villagers! A small attachment to their house or a place in the back, and a larger variety of flowers. Can plant outside flowers like tulips or just have a little sitting room with small trees, bushes etc.

definitely agree with basically everything mentioned above

better ai for villagers for less tedious playing

incorporate hhd into it and be able to place villagers where we want!

designing our own town would be cool as well, like choosing river style, grass type, etc. it'd lead to more uniqueness and creativity. animal crossing really should be an open game, let the players delve into their imaginations and let them do what they want.

a little lame request would be to allow cedars to be planted anywhere on the map. hate how they can't be planted towards the southern end. also am confused by it so if anyone knows the logistics behind it, lemme know lmao

more hairstyles would be cool as well, i struggle with finding a flattering one

but besides all that, im just excited about the new app coming out!!

Last edited:
I'd add a house designing job HHD style. I hate how some villagers have hideous houses and there's nothing I can do about it.

I used to not be in favor of this but honestly, I feel like when your villagers have been living in town for so long, you should be able to do this.

Not a fan of farming. This isn't Harvest Moon.

Back