• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Opinions on Marijuana: Are you for or against? A user yourself?

I used to smoke it recreationally everyday when I was like 15-16.
And then occasionally here & there as I got older in my teens but now not at all. I probably smoke like once a year if even.

I'm all for it being legal, for both recreational and medicinal uses.

I use it a few times per month (whenever I feel like it, I have easy access to it)
It should be legal imo
Any drug should be legal imo
Making things illegal doesn't work. You lose control and people will do it anyways.
Using Marijuana does have side effects thus if I have school (don't anymore) I would only use it on friday so my concentration would be normal on Monday.
I treat Marijuana the same as Alcohol thus I don't abuse it.
It's also not addicting and people whom are addicted to it smoke blunts or mix it up with Tabacco. The small group of people that really really enjoy it are addicted to it because they enjoy smoking it. Marijuana it self doesn't have anything addicting in it.
Besides using it because it is relaxing, Marijuana does have medical uses. But let's be real, most just want to get high and chill.
However, it can be used in a medical way. Take epilepsy for example.

I hate people who are like
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE FRICKING WEEEEEEEEED AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA DUDE!!!!!!!!!! WEED!!!!!!!!!!!! hits bong FRICKING DUUUUUUDE that WEEED like just...................DUDE LMFFFFFAAAAAAOOOO i am so fricking HIGH on WEED right now XD WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED holla my DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!JUST.........ROLL................MY.......................JOINT......................UP........................................AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY DANK DANK DANK WEED LEGALIZE IT! LEGALIZE IT! LEGALIZE IT! ROLL EM SMOKE EM PUT EM IN A BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FRICKING WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am just FRICKING BAKED right now my DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAOOOOOOOOOOO RAISE YO HAND IF U TURNT AF RIGHT NOW raises both hands AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY WEED DUDE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I SMOKE 2 JOINTS IN DA MORNIN MON...........DUDE! WEED! HAAAAAAAAAAAA IM LIKE A FRICKIN KITE RIGHT NOW MY DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! S O F R I C K I N G H I G H O N W E E D I CANT EVEN FOCUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SMOKING ONLY THE DANKEST OF HERB MY DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOME OF THAT TRIPLE BANANA WINSTON CHURCHILL MEGA DANK GAZA GRASS YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FRICKIN SO FRICKIN BLAZED RIGHT NOW DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDDE AHAHAHAHHAA BAZINGA inhales YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cough THIS cough **** cough IS cough SO cough FRICKIN cough DANK my DUDE HAAHHAAAHAHAHAHAH WHY AM I EVEN LAUGHING ROTFLMAOO THIS **** IS NARSH BRO FRICKIN HELLA SMOKE WEED ERR DAY YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Or people who record them selfs smoking blunts to look cool, that's silly.
It's just Marijuana, chill
Not some magical trippy drug w visuals and all

It's also pretty nice for your muscles.

Last edited:
Well I'm Canadian so it's legal nation-wide here in Canada. I've personally never tried it and I have no interest in it, but I am aware it has great health benefits for those with Cancer, Parkinson's, and a ton of other stuff, so I'm all for medicinal marijuana. As for recreational, it depends. Taking it below the age of 25 (the average age where the brain finishes developing), which a lot of people do, could potentially lead to memory and cognitive issues in the future, so those thinking of trying it should take that into consideration. Also, I know that in less than an hour after it was legalized in Canada, someone was already pulled over for driving under the influence of marijuana, which is possibly my biggest worry. Do what you want at home, sure, but for the sake of everyone else's life, please don't drive while high.

Also, I don't see why people are arrested for having it in their possession. Apparently, the Canadian Government is not allowing everyone who was arrested prior to legalization a pardon, which is unfair imo (depending on the circumstances ofc, like if they were infusing marijuana with crap that shouldn't be in it, then yeah I completely get it). Sure, it was illegal, but I T ' S A P L A N T .

Last edited:
I use to blaze from like 16-24 years old. I sort of stop smoking since all my homies moved on and or had families or their own. Its was more of a social drug to me. Its legal here in Cali to, but I dont have the same attraction to it like I did before.

On the subject of visuals:
I did have some psychedelic dreams when I was on it. One time I woke up and saw some scooby doo type text patterns or spiral shaped green-ish brown colors splash in my vision for a few seconds lol I went back to sleep, I still remember it.

Last edited:
I just wished it smelled better. At work I can tell when a customer smokes cigarettes, cigars or another drug. Weed hits me like a wall. Other then that, I guess it's fine. Its used for alot of medical purposes like anxiety, PTSD AIDS or HIV I forget which, ect...

I've definitely gotten some visuals on marijuana before lol definitely have hallucinated on it for a few seconds, it would kinda freak me out.

Yeah, I definitely have before too. Other people think it's impossible, it's not. It seems pretty rare, though. Also, if you smoke it after coming down off of acid (when you're completely done tripping) it actually makes you see fractals and colors swirl around when you close your eyes! It's pretty cool.

(Yes, I was quite the hippie as a teen, but definitely no longer.)

I don't agree with smoking it because I think smoking anything is just plain stupid. I also hate the people who claim smoking it does no harm. But edibles are fine. I don't use myself but I couldn't care less if you do lol

Last edited:
I would never use it, but I do support its legalization, for the same reason I wouldn't want prohibition coming back. I don't plan on drinking alcohol much in my life but I don't think drinking it should be illegal.

I don't think it should be legalized

can you give a reason as of why not because it's illegal rn in most countries and everyone still uses it and get ridiculous jail time when caught (more than murder for some places)

I've definitely gotten some visuals on marijuana before lol definitely have hallucinated on it for a few seconds, it would kinda freak me out.

are you sure it wasn't laced lol

I have felt that everything was going slowmotion which felt trippy but nice but no like deadass visuals(this was after smoking a few grams really quickly (I'm dutch))

Last edited:
I think it should be legalised everywhere. I think that the pro's outweigh the cons 100%. And if getting high isn't for you, cbd oil is just as great. I am chronically ill, so marijuana has helped me immensely.

I've only done it twice, as it helped me a lot with my anxiety, however I don't plan on using it again until I am at least eighteen. I think that's the only bad part about marijuana, it messes a bit with your brain growth. I 100% think it should be legalised, it kills the same amount of people that unicorns do, and it's absolutely ridiculous how cigarettes and alcohol have way more damaging effects yet they're completely legal. Well, not completely ridiculous, no government anywhere is going to ban what they can make money off of. :c

are you sure it wasn't laced lol

I have felt that everything was going slowmotion which felt trippy but nice but no like deadass visuals(this was after smoking a few grams really quickly (I'm dutch))

ehhh yea im sure lol. im not a big smoker and im kinda small so i get easily affected.

they were only 1 second hallucinations, not at all like taking LSD or something and actually tripping.
like the last time i smoked, my friend and i took an uber back to her place and as i was looking out the window i was staring at a blue bridge passing by and a blue face appeared on that bridge for a split second and that was the only hallucination the whole 2 hour high.

and another instance years ago where i was walking and staring down at the cement sidewalk and a 1 second face appeared on the ground too!
ALSO i get SUCH vivid closed eyed visuals of just colors and shapes transforming into things so trying to sleep when really stoned is quite difficult for me lol.

Last edited:
I smoked it at least four times in high school. It wasn't a bad experience overall and I would do it again. But it would be for my anxiety if anything. I voted to legalize it, so I'm not against it.

However it turns some people into dummies. Who drive while high, which is my problem with it.

Hey wizard, this is off topic, but how did you do that with your signature?! I would really like to know.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I've never smoked/used it (because I'm 13) but I'm ok with it, in fact I think cigars/cigarettes should be banned instead of Marijuana.

I would really like to know how you did that for you signature!

My boyfriend is a regular user! He tried giving me some edibles about a month ago and it turns out I have waaay more tolerance to it than he does. I think if someone in another building smoked he could probably get high off of it somehow. /s

I'm gonna give it a try again soon, though, and maybe smoke it the next time and see how it goes.

I was smoking a joint as I stumbled upon this thread which I guess shows my stance but I'll explain -

I'm a regular user and I personally think it's amazing and should be legalised everywhere. It has had many benefits for me (I get paranoid, I have anxiety, depression + chronic shoulder pains and it virtually erases my symptoms, and if I don't smoke too much I can still get stuff done - i.e be able to attend school, do housework etc) And even outside of that, it's impossible to overdose on and is fun for recreational use, there are worse, actually harmful, drugs to be doing. If you smoke without tobacco, you put yourself at very little risk (one main risk is going on a whitie but thats all about knowing when your at your limit, which isnt too hard). ANOTHER good note is that only 10% of people who smoke become dependant on weed, and an even smaller amount of that 10% actually needs help quitting. (Although this is raised to a 1/6 chance for adolescence, as to be expected.)

Another important point is, the POC folks put in jail for this ultimately harmless drug. The incarceration rate of brown and black people who used weed compared to white people is an absolute shamble and with legalisation, there should be mandatory overturning for those who have been put behind bars for years and years over a bit of pot - it's an unfair and racist system...

All in all, stigma around weed is absolutely unwarranted, and if anything it actually makes me kinda sad because it's fine you don't want to smoke, we don't care. But everyone acts as if we live sloppy sad lives and whatnot when we really don't and weed is really just not worth wasting police time on. As I said, there's worse things people could be doing then toking and in most cases, the users are doing no harm.

That's all I have to say for now

Can't remember if I answered this before?

I used to use it back in high school. I don't use it anymore, but I have nothing against using it.

Never used it myself but I am against recreational use.

If you are dying from severe pain or something and need it to have some relief then by all means, do what you can!

the more marijuana is out there the cheaper it is
if its rare and not many people buy it it'll be more expensive bc the investment and return would be smaller and take longer

and people will get it anyways if it is illegal

Back