• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Opinions on Marijuana: Are you for or against? A user yourself?

I have a lot of people I know who do it because of medical reasons or anxiety, because I'm far to young I've not touched it, but may try it in the future! I've heard it's safe for the most part, it really depends what you smoke. I've also heard some are good for eating disorders, because it causes them to feel super hungry. In my opinion it's so much better than smoking, or any other horrible drugs. I am 100% a supporter of marijuana being legalized as well.

I used to be an everyday pot smoker. I've since cut back to maybe a few times a month since I moved out on my own and started working/school full time. I'm looking into getting a medical card in my state.

I've smoked it in the past, not prescribed but the reason I did is because of my anxiety. I'm not against using it recreationally or at all and I honestly think it should be legalized because the govt could tax it and receive money.

I'm for it but I'd never use it. If cigarettes and cigars aren't illegal, marijuana isn't that much more harmful, so they're just wasting resources arresting people for it.

i don't partake in it, nor do i ever plan to. i really couldn't care less what people do in their own lives, i'm not one to pry.

Last edited:
Legalize marijuana, decriminalize MDMA, DMT, LSD, psilocybin, and peyote

Last edited:
I think it should be legal. I know people who use it medically and it really helps them with anxiety. Also, as far as recreational drugs go, it's really not as dangerous or even potent as, say, heroin or cocaine.

i dont care that much myself, i just think people who smoke it (n make other ppl Know it lol) are super obnoxious lmao.

You can't just lump every 420 blazer together like that (-_-). Unless you're on about people who discuss nothing other than weed, I don't really see where you're coming from.

- - - Post Merge - - -

not too against it but it smells rancid and my half sister did it with her friends while her newborn was on her lap

I don't dislike the smell, but it certainly does linger and isn't something you want on your breath and clothes. Blazing with a newborn's kinda weird.

I don't think it should be legalized

Any justification for your opinion? (for example, smells, illegal, possible health issues etc.)

I'm a user (not a regular though and only when I go back home for holiday) and all for it using it recreationally and medically. One of the many ways you can enjoy animal crossing lol. I doubt it will ever be legal in S.E Asia tho.

I'm not a user and I don't like it, but I don't see a reason why buying and possessing it should be illegal.

Well actually, I'm really uncomfortable simply being near anyone that's smoking weed. It has only happened once, a week ago.
I feel uncomfortable talking about it, or thinking that someone I know and love will start smoking it sometime.

It's because I am afraid of the thought of becoming addicted. Which is why I don't even try smoking a cigarette.
But that's good, I guess.

So no, I would not like it to become legal (I live in Sweden, shouldn't have to worry), because I would literally be uncomfortable all the time outside.

EDIT: And well I am used to cigarettes since it's very common these days, and my mom smoked it all my life up until a year ago.

Last edited:
Well actually, I'm really uncomfortable simply being near anyone that's smoking weed. It has only happened once, a week ago.
I feel uncomfortable talking about it, or thinking that someone I know and love will start smoking it sometime.

It's because I am afraid of the thought of becoming addicted. Which is why I don't even try smoking a cigarette.

So no, I would not like it to become legal (I live in Sweden, shouldn't have to worry), because I would literally be uncomfortable all the time outside.

EDIT: And well I am used to cigarettes since it's very common these days, and my mom smoked it all my life up until a year ago.

Why do you think people will smoke marijuana everywhere?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Why do you think people will smoke marijuana everywhere?

I don't use it, but fsr, it used to be a medical treatment to calm patients down.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Plus, if it's legal in your state, then I'm fine with it, just as long as you don't do illegal things while you're high.

Last edited:
I have crohns disease and as of 2013 it was the second most treated disease via medicinal. Ive been smoking since i was 17 and have been able to be off medication regimes of 20+ pills ever since so yes. Personally i dont think it should be legal recreationally until its legal medicinally in every state because i feel like that just feeds into the stigma that its a drug.

I've never used it, and I wouldn't use it. I'm all for it for recreational and medicinal use, I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

im not a usr (tho i would if i had the chance) but im all for legalizing it
who cares what other ppl do lol if they dont do **** things while high idc

I've tried once and it just kinda hurts lol. I don't really have an interest in recreational drugs so I just wanted to try it to try it. Didn't realize smoking was difficult. People make it look easy LOL :')))) Anyways, it's your body your choice. If it's legal in your state, have at it. But if it's not, just realize the consequences are not so great. I'm personally against loading up jails with small time marijuana charges as that disproportionally hurt the African American population but that's another story >___>

I dont like the smell so i doubt id ever do marijuana but i am not against it, at all. in terms of health benzos are far worse in my opinion and they are legalized so *shrugs*

Pro everything marijuana. It's safe. It's effective. It's good for the economy. I don't see it doing any harm. Prisons are overcrowded with people who are in there for marijuana related crimes and I find that absolutely ridiculous.

I personally don't like getting high, or drunk, but it can be controlled in small doses over an extended period of time. People who do get stoned are not harming anybody. What's the big deal?

Back