• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

what class do you usually play in a RPG game?

HungryForCereal

if it was you I'd never want to leave...
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Pink Summer Shell
Mint
Pavé
anyone of you RPG lovers play a variety of classes in different RPGs or do you only stick to a certain class in different RPGs? i always play as a mage no matter what.

i sorta go through periods. currently i'm almost always choosing mage (or something mage-like), mostly because i've always avoided them throughout my entire life.

Usually my favorites are support classes that aren't healers. So ones that buff your team, debuff enemies, stuff like that.
So off the top of my head, Synergist in Final Fantasy XIII, Pop Star in Miitopia, Astrologian in Bravely Second, etc.

I truly enjoy using healers especially when playing through the Final Fantasy games. I may receive flack for saying this but I also really enjoyed using archers, defensive archers such as Natalia Lanvaldear from Tales of the Abyss. Granted her move pool wasn't the greatest, but she can heal and buff in a pinch and keep enemies at a range. But when playing through Tales of Graces F, I absolutely loved using the melee fighter that could heal named Sophie. Aside from those exceptions, I love white mages aka healers!

The guy with the most health who is vanguard or meathead of the group. Usually the tank role, being a damage sponge since I'm not timid in getting right in the fray. It's far better than trusting fickle human players or dodgy AI. This usually lands me into some kind of knight/berserker class, typically the 'evil' variant.

a healer class thats not like, specifically healing but can also provide debuffs or other ways of supporting

for dps i like to play stuff that hits fast but not a lot of damage..im kinda drawn to dual wielding classes.

Mage classes or sometimes Rogue/Assassin etc.

Not a fan of just regular sword/axe/whatever stuff

I like long range classes like Mage or hunters over tanks. I also used to main a healer when I was really into mmorpgs but it got really stressful after a while lol.

Really depends on what's available/what the games 'variation' of 'thing' is, but either:

A paladin/crusader/etc. They're usually good for playing alone since they'll typically be plate wearers with self heals, defensive spells and a few offensive spells. In group environments you usually have enough utility to help out other people in your group during the fight which is nice, and as a healer you often have enough offensive skills to at least join in on the action.

Plus, they're usually 'holy knights' when it comes to lore, so you can smash people down whilst being all like like "repent, mother ****er!"

Or a thief/rogue. It's just fun being sneaky sneaky.

I either like playing a mage that has some healing abilities or a class that has high attack speed (dual blade weilders, assassins, ninjas, fencers).

I love playing healer! I healed in World of Warcraft on my Druid and I rocked! Until Cata same out and they nerfed us.

Mage all day everyday, unless magic abilities suck like they do in Skyrim. Then I usually play stealth-archers because touching people is gross.

I almost always go for rogue archer. Sometimes a tank warrior but that's pretty rare.

I either go for straight damage or stealth, so something like knight, warrior or rogue.

I tend to prefer being either a tank or a healer, especially in FFXIV. Love those insta-queues for dungeons.

Archers, Rangers, those who can communicate with nature. I also have an extreme affinity to necromancers and dark magic. I don't know why I love it so.

If I would be that of a healer or holy magic, I would probably be one kind of like a paladin, but not lawful good. That would drive me insane.

I would be a very massive attacker/dpser. xD

Usually rogues/rangers/whatever the stealthy light-armoured dps person is called in any given game.

Mage class (if there's a split, black mage/ necromancer) or fighter/ monk class.

Back