1527-5385-4505
Tasty Cake
White Pansy
Orange (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
Red Pansy
Yellow Pansy
Yellow Tulip
So a couple of years ago on my X&Y games I finally "Caught them all", it took me years but through completely legit means I completed the Pokedex 100%, including hundreds of Lvl100 and tons of Shinies, I mean boxes full. I even had all event Pokemon.

I then got bored, sold my cart and my 3DS and never intended to go back to Pokemon again, I felt burnt out.....But now, I have a 2DS XL again and I'm so tempted to start again, from the start, get Red Blue and Yellow on Virtual Console and work my way up all the way to Sun and Moon which I have never played, and try and complete the Pokedex once again....The one thing putting me off is I'll probably never see the amount of Rare shinies and what not I had before ever again, and it will probably take years to work my way back through all the games.

So I want your opinions, should I leave well alone, I've caught them all once, and be happy with that, or start again from where it all began with Red and Blue and become a Champion once again,

You Decide....

Just do it. Pokemon is amazing playing all 7 tens of ( intense grinding till 6 yes but.. ) amazing is so worth it
But why even sell it you got EVERYTHING I understand getting bored ( I after completing the Alolan pokedex am getting sorta bored too )
And I understand not getting back in ( I resetted my oras because I want?d to replay the story all hoping on a Homebrew save back up that was really unreliable... Long story short it got corrupted ) but I feel its Soo worth it! But it's your choice so do what you want!

Edit. Shouldn't this be in the Pokemon center sub thing?

Last edited:
I never understand the concept of selling consoles and games, I always like to go back to play things and if I want to buy something new (game or console) I would save up for it. Trade-in values are awful compared to what you paid for them anyway. And now you want it back and it's gone. Yes, buy it back. It's up to you to recover everything you once had.

I never understand the concept of selling consoles and games, I always like to go back to play things and if I want to buy something new (game or console) I would save up for it. Trade-in values are awful compared to what you paid for them anyway. And now you want it back and it's gone. Yes, buy it back. It's up to you to recover everything you once had.

I get that, a lot. I wish I never had to trade in or sell. I miss all that I had...

Anyways, to the original poster... Do it! Play to your hearts content! If this something that brought you happiness, think of it as a chapter of different experiences with the game, bringing the familiar nostalgia, and learning new theories and ways in Pokemon and life! C:

I would do it! It would be very nostalgic and then you would have Sun and Moon! Plus the Ultras are coming out soon as well as the gold/silver rereleases

I get that, a lot. I wish I never had to trade in or sell. I miss all that I had...

Which games did you have? It's not quite the same but since my copies of Gold and Silver had the internal batteries run dry like all copies of those games I still lost everything from them and that always saddens me. I vividly remember the first time I beat Pokemon Gold on Boxing Day.

Well a common reason is replacing physical with digital. I did this with most multiplatform console games when I got a new desktop, keeping physical versions of only what I considered my favourite games or had a nice special edition.

Maybe the game was crap and you just want it out of your house. Getting only 5% back of what you paid for something is profit if you were going to throw it in the trash anyway.

Maybe you upgrade your console to the 'slim/elite/new' version and thus probably don't need another one hanging around taking up space.

When I was younger it was either sell games I had finished with or save up for 6 months and hope what I wanted was on a sale. It's all well and good saving up, but if you're on a low enough income to be saving up for discounted goods, not doing trade-ins would be a painfully tedious wait.
(Also, trade in values seem to be a lot better here than from what I've seen in the US...Or at least Gamestop)

Also, if you're not just looking for the quick sell which those stores provide, you could just go on ebay and get way above the 'trade in value'.

There's plenty of good reasons to sell old games and consoles.

Well a common reason is replacing physical with digital. I did this with most multiplatform console games when I got a new desktop, keeping physical versions of only what I considered my favourite games or had a nice special edition.

Is this digital as in emulators or games you buy from Steam or other such online stores?

Maybe the game was crap and you just want it out of your house. Getting only 5% back of what you paid for something is profit if you were going to throw it in the trash anyway.

Yes, I could see this being the case. I have never bought games in large volume and never possessed enough to require a mass cleanse. Though the case of the original poster was one where they had poured in time and effort not a game they'd bought on a whim and hardly played.

Maybe you upgrade your console to the 'slim/elite/new' version and thus probably don't need another one hanging around taking up space.

The only times I have owned multiple consoles of similar base models have been on handhelds and then it became useful for trading (in Pokemon at least) so it was useful to keep them around. Also allowed siblings to play. Although just buying a new console to replace the other just because it is slim/elite/new is incredibly wasteful and I would never have been able to afford to do that. Which ties back to me not owning many games.

When I was younger it was either sell games I had finished with or save up for 6 months and hope what I wanted was on a sale. It's all well and good saving up, but if you're on a low enough income to be saving up for discounted goods, not doing trade-ins would be a painfully tedious wait.
(Also, trade in values seem to be a lot better here than from what I've seen in the US...Or at least Gamestop)

This was never a problem becasue ther were never many games I wanted to play and there still aren't. I've probably never bought more than five in a year at an arbitrary guess. If you're the kind of person who's going to want lots of games you're hardly going to find time for them all, which means some are not going to be worth keeping and that does make sense from a trade-in perspective. I'm actually from the UK too so I have no idea what's happening at GameStop but at my local Game (and GameStation formerly) no-one I ever remember speaking to got good trade-in rates.

Also, if you're not just looking for the quick sell which those stores provide, you could just go on ebay and get way above the 'trade in value'.

If you have an account or I suppose underage with a parent that could work. I've only bought one game off eBay, a replacement for my Pokemon Gold and despite what it was advertised as the internal battery was knackered in it too.

There's plenty of good reasons to sell old games and consoles.

Yes, lots of what you said has been pretty convincing. Looking at it just through my no money, small amount of games philosophy it never did make sense. Different strokes as always.

Aw I'm so sorry for you! I only have almost a box full of Shinys (most MM bred) and I couldn't stand the thought of losing just those!!

But Pok?mon is a fantastic game. I don't think you should deprive yourself from it just because you won't get some Shiny Pok?mon and stuff back. Most Shinys you can still hunt if you'd like, and if you slog through all the games anyway you'll get more! And you might stumble into a Pok?mon you simply overlooked before and it might just become the Ace of your teams. It'll be like a whole new experience, I should think!

I say go for it. I'm restarting ORAS, Black and Red soon to get some competitive worthy Legendaries, and there isn't anything wrong with wanting to buy back games. I remember I sold Super Mario 3D Land because I got bored. But guess what? I have it back in my case right now. Everything happens for a reason (usually...), so maybe selling it was the key to make you realize how important it was to you. And believe, as hard as it will be, you'll have tons of fun playing through them and you'll feel so much happier once you get back some Shinies. Just do whatever give you joy! But there's no loss in restarting; only gain.

EDITOR'S NOTE: Getting the shiny charm in Sun and Moon won't be a big hassle; you'll only have to complete the Alola Dex.

Last edited:
I'd go for it. I'd do the VC games so your Pokemon can be transferred up to your current games.

I'd go for it. I'd do the VC games so your Pokemon can be transferred up to your current games.

I agree with this. You can transfer everything up from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald and on (assuming you have the right equipment/games), but you can't transfer anything from the original Gameboy versions of Red/Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal. The VC versions let you keep your Pokemon.

The hardest part of the whole process is going from 4th generation to 5th generation, as it requires 2 DSes (original fat one, DS Lite, or DSi), NOT 3DS. Since not everybody still owns an old DS, much less 2 of them, I have to point that out.

3rd gen to 4th gen just requires 1 DS.

Last edited:
Resume your quest. Be like Red, and continue your Pokemon journey after catching em all in one region, go to the next, make your way to Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, become the greatest Pokemon Master you can be.

Back