How do you feel about forum prices for in game items?

While I have not actually traded with anyone (there's not much I desperately want that I can't get on my own), I don't think the rate is all that bad. IGB isn't too hard to come by, and TBT is just as easy to get a hold of.

I also think the idea of forum points to exchange for currency in game is really neat. Helps out if you need that boost of IGB, but don't have time to catch bugs or something! :)

Yeah this is all true. I got Mint for only 15 tbt and that was easy to earn because all I did was post. I like the system now and I think it would throw everyone off.

The only thing that kinda bothers me is how hybrids cost 2 tbt each cuz most of the time I want to buy them in bulk so it costs a lot of tbt but then again it's really easy to make tbt so I should be complaining haha

I remember the days when 100 tbt was worth 6-8 mil. No idea what the rate is for 100 now. Might go up even more because there is barely any tbt in circulation since most people with over 5,000 have left.

I just don't like it for the time it takes to trade igb when buying or selling items, I know people offer their tbt for igb, and I'd happily do that as I have lods of igb sitting around, but with the exchange rate being 1 tbt - 200,000igb, trading for 50tbt is going to take forever. It's the same when items are sold for millions, it just takes such a long time, going to the ATM then back, which is why I prefer to trade in tbt.

I think they're fair I guess. I've never really had a problem with it since I've always thought of it as, if I really want an item I'm going to have to pay the price for it whether I like it or not. However for most of the things I've purchased off here I've found the prices to be pretty fair. (when I'm paying in TBT.) The prices in bells for in-game items for me have been questionable at best. I think the time in takes to transfer money in game is a bit of a chore though. I think an easier way should be introduced in future games.

Last edited:
mostly fair. not sure how 200k IGB is 1 TBT though. it should be like, 10k. but easy IGB i guess?
i'm glad people speak out if hybrids are priced 5 tbt each lol
collectables can either be priced very fair on the market or its just absurdly high

Last edited:
I'm actually curious: is it even allowed to sell hacked flowers (and other items, villagers etc)? I just always assumed it was against the rules, but then wondered where people were getting these large amounts from >.>

Selling any hacked items on here is not allowed and goes against the forums rules.

i like the exchange rate it feels good to me and now i am in school so it is harder to catch beetles all night to make money for my house and now that i do not have to pay for my house i can just work on my catalogue and i have only done three big tbt exchanges

So, coming back to this post, I've been thinking that the TBT system is genius. It's a win-win-win lol. The site creators win because their site is active because people are posting because people want tbt, so that's a win-win because tbt is a great incentive to post, and also, we can post and most likely get a response because everybody wants that tbt! Great idea y'all...

- - - Post Merge - - -

But how often do y'all exchange your tbt for bells? And how? Do you just post looking for someone or is there a way you repeatedly do it every time?

Oh wow. I bought many many items on this forum from hacked people.
I mean seriously.. Some people in retail are selling over 1000s of hybrids.

Honestly!! This is so true. If you can hack, you could make such a profit on this site if you didn't get busted. Some people do and its shocking that they can sell so many hybrids without being busted...

Honestly!! This is so true. If you can hack, you could make such a profit on this site if you didn't get busted. Some people do and its shocking that they can sell so many hybrids without being busted...

Sometimes I feel it's not fair that they make so much because there's very little effort actually involved. It's even more painful when I know a seller hacks. I know they paid for their powersaves but it's still disappointing they get so much profit.

Though I am not against hackers and are actually cool with them, I honestly think hackers should not profit though, it is in fact against the rules, I agree that they profit too much unlike legit players who have no access in hacking... I think they should just hold giveaways or raffles of some sort and let participants voluntarily donate if they want to...

I remember the days when 100 tbt was worth 6-8 mil. No idea what the rate is for 100 now. Might go up even more because there is barely any tbt in circulation since most people with over 5,000 have left.

100tbt is 20 mil now and I highly doubt that most people with over 5k tbt have left the forum. There is an ADB on this site and that might be where most of their tbt are at.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Selling any hacked items on here is not allowed and goes against the forums rules.

But there is no way to distinguish between hacked items and non-hacks items unless those items are not released by Nintendo yet. I think as long as you don't state that you are selling hacked items, there won't be any problem.

But there is no way to distinguish between hacked items and non-hacks items unless those items are not released by Nintendo yet.

well there's one example i can think of
hybrids that are hacked only spawn regular flowers
e.g a hacked blue rose only spawns white roses

Last edited:
well there's one example i can think of
hybrids that are hacked only spawn regular flowers
e.g a hacked blue rose only spawns white roses

Wow :eek: luckily I stop purchasing hybrids before hacking device release. But for furnitures, are there anyway to tell they are hacked or not?

Wow :eek: luckily I stop purchasing hybrids before hacking device release. But for furnitures, are there anyway to tell they are hacked or not?

not sure, the only ones i can think of is your point with them not being released and possibly country exclusives that you obtain by hacking

But there is no way to distinguish between hacked items and non-hacks items unless those items are not released by Nintendo yet. I think as long as you don't state that you are selling hacked items, there won't be any problem.

Yeah I know I'm very aware of that. What I meant was more like, the seller can't say they're hacked in the thread or title or else they'll get in trouble. I've had this conversation with a few people before and thought a lot about it myself. No doubt I've most likely bought many duped/hacked items on here, which I don't mind personally?
The only thing is when you can tell they're hacked, like recently I found out about how hacked blue roses (not sure if this applies to all of them) only produce white roses... I think that's pretty unfair, not to mention a total rip-off.

Edit: I just read Ashvenn's post above LOL I basically just repeated that example with the hybirds, but yes, THAT.

Last edited:
Yeah, the TBT to IGB exchange rate stupefied me when I first started trading on here not that long ago. It really made me question things like, "why would anyone want to give their hard-earned IGB for a few measly TBT?" Then I realized that some users are actually overflowing in IGB, usually from having played since the game's release or selling their towns. It also kind of dawned on me that as you get closer and closer to obtaining all the items and upgrades you want for your game, you have less to no need for IGB, and even for TBT, you won't have as much use for it - and that's where all the collectibles, artwork, etc. come into play on here. I feel like it all balances out, mostly.

So in flow-chart pictorials for me it was/is kind of like GREAT NEED FOR IGB AND ITEMS -> OBTAIN TBT BY TRADE/POSTING -> GET IGB AND ITEMS WITH TBT -> OBTAIN EVERYTHING -> SELL OFF IGB/ITEMS FOR TBT -> USE TBT FOR ART/COLLECTIBLES.

And personally, even if the rates are a little crazy (TBT being overvalued), I don't mind it at all because a) I don't have an amiibo-capable device so I don't get any extra RVs and b) I'm extremely bad at earning IGB>

Back