• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Basement Ideas?

lulu112

Bells
So I recently expanded my basement all the way but I'm not sure what I want to do with it or how I'm planning on decorating it. I really want it to look nice though!! Does anyone have any ideas for a good basement room theme?

Im doing a garage in my side character's house but in my mayors house it's a sloppy basement studio apartment.

Other ideas

Movie Theater
Wine Celler
Cardboard box storage basement (like and irl basement)
A display room for trophies and whatnot
a restaurant
a man cave

I'm making the basement of my fourth character into a workroom. I also have a garden in the basement of another character.

some ideas:
game room, with the arcade machines, crane game, pool table etc
rave/dance room or karaoke bar
a library perhaps?
spa room or just normal bathroom

How about a kind of fossil showcase (specifically the ones like dino eggs, amber, etc.)? Or a basement plant room?

I'm trying to do a messy hangout lounge with a tv and couch in mine, but I'll admit it's a bit uncreative.

My basement is just like a creativity room to me. Like you can basically turn it into anything.

My basement is a bedroom plastered in N64 logos cause N64 is life.

How about a shrine for a villager you really like? It might seem weird, but I kind of like the idea of having something for a dreamie

Most of my players have a dressing room with Gracie tables, lamps, Sofa, dresser and chairs. I like to put all my favorite items on display so I can do a quick change.

In my Campus College house I'm slowly working a bathroom/laundry room with a TV.
In my Vegas Hotel it doesn't have a bathroom. Plan to move all the stuff out and work on a golden bathroom.
Wished the top floor rooms had a small side room for a bathroom.

I've seen some cool gaming room in the basement with the new RV stuff. The Splatoon sign looks nice over the counter with some bar chairs.

image.jpg
It's a little dark in the screenshot but it's quite a beautiful blue in-game.
I made my basement into my backyard as I didn't like the looks of windows in the "sky" lol
I have Stale Cupcakes playing as well as crickets/cicadas for atmosphere :) it's very soothing to sleep here haha

Edit: Here's a picture with the lantern on for better viewing :)
image.jpg

Last edited:
Mines a man cave, it's my second proudest room after my Sweets room, feel free to check out my dream address for inspiration - 7E00-0095-3AE6

Wine cellar sounds like a great idea! I'm not too original with coming up with ideas for my basement (or anyones as a matter-of-fact), but what I want to do with mine is kinda make it look like a storage room. Using a load of the cardboard box set furniture and maybe some miscellanous furniture scattered here and there. You could always do it according to your house theme and ignore the fact that it's a basement. For example you could make it into a garden, even though that logically wouldn't make sense. Personally I like to try and put something in my basement that'd make sense to be in a basement in real life.

I made a Mad Hatter's tea party room in my last basement and it was a ton of fun to design! Think of your favorite hobbies, movies, or games and see if you get a spark of inspiration. :)

I'm making my basement much like my own- creepy, dark, and full of boxes, lol.
But if that's too boring, I'm going to have an exercise room during the winter.

my basement has this sort of secret gadget room or something? items like the crew member's seat and the gadget shelf.. stuff like that, like this secret underground electrically charged technologically advanced hideout \o/ i'll take pictures later~

Last edited:
View attachment 207004
I made my basement into my backyard as I didn't like the looks of windows in the "sky" lol
I have Stale Cupcakes playing as well as crickets/cicadas for atmosphere :) it's very soothing to sleep here haha

View attachment 207005

Oh I LOVE LOVE LOVE this

View attachment 207004

View attachment 207005

That's so cool!

Im doing a garage in my side character's house but in my mayors house it's a sloppy basement studio apartment.

Other ideas

Movie Theater
Wine Celler
Cardboard box storage basement (like and irl basement)
A display room for trophies and whatnot
a restaurant
a man cave

A restaurant would be nice, my basement's my kitchen, I'm currently testing new wallpapers for it. In Chapman, my basement's a bakery.

I decided to make my house kind of just a house, with the exception of my left room which will be a spa room and my back room which will be my pic display room/zodiac room. My main room is gonna be kinda like the living room/entertainment room, my right room a knitting/tea/relaxing room, the upstairs my apartment, and the basement just a classic basement, with a laundry section and the abd and a bike, maybe some cardboard furniture? But I like the ideas that have been thrown around for the basements! :)

Back