• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Are you a weeaboo or a teaboo?

Weeb or Teab?

• Weeaboo

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • Teaboo

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters
I'm not sure I've heard the term teaboo before lol it's cute! I suppose I'd be considered a weeaboo but I've never really associated it with anything negative. People like what they like and I think it's cool that they appreciate other cultures. I'm from the USA and I appreciate other cultures more than my own a lot of the time.

lmao teaboo?? i love england but since i am english i guess i can't be considered a teaboo
i do like japan but i wouldn't want to be called a weaboo (its pretty insulting if you like japan and its culture imo) and i don't believe i am.

"Weeaboo
A non japanese person who basically denounces their own culture and calls themselves japanese. They try to learn japanese through the anime they watch and usually end up pronouncing it wrong and looking like a complete idiot.

KEEP IN MIND: that a non-japanese person can like the culture, watch anime, speak the language and RESPECT THE CULTURE, while still keeping in touch with there own. Which keeps them from being a Weeaboo, japanophile, ect.
Weeaboo's basically disrespect the culture and make complete asses of themselves"

there isn't a solid definition but i think this would be the closest
of course many people call themselves weebs as a joke more often than not but i'd be insulted if someone said that i was a weeaboo seriously

Last edited:
Teaboo what hah, never heard.

I guess I was a weeb in my teens but I never called myself Japanese lol.

I don't consider myself either even though I do have a large interest in Japan's culture and I appreciate a lot about Britain (except Brexit).
What about Koreaboos? They exist as well.
I also didn't even know teaboo was a thing.

Last edited:
Meh, nowhere near as far in as weeabo
I mostly just have a vague general appreciation for anime and Japanese food/culture, but not really to a weeaboo point by any means
And hey, you've gotta be respectful of it, especially if you're not from that culture, because then it just gets to a point where it's flat-out annoying

Last edited:
I'm not a Japan weeaboo but I'm definitely a weeb for the best anime ever made...

King of the Hill obviously.

weebs are people who love japan so much that they **** on their own country or other countries saying that japan is the best and are so into it that they begin to disrespect the culture and the people. i do like japan and respect their culture and i wouldn't like someone to tell me otherwise :c
i hope that makes sense

i was a weeb when i was 11-13, i had a soul eater bag at school
it was a close call i could've got beaten to a pulp for being a LOSER
im also british and i find it a little annoying when people say stuff like "BRITISH DADDY SHERLOCK/DOCTOR WHO SQUEEEEEEEE"

Last edited:
i wouldnt be surprised if people saw me as a weeaboo because how i try to keep a cute "kuh-whyyyy" aesthetic alongside digging anime and drawing in a typical anime-esque style most of the time? and i only drop common japanese words ironically or when actually trying to describe an anime style like "moe"

but i honestly dont have much connection to japan, besides art, animation, admiring their tech, and having an aunt and cousins living there

and while i prefer asian beauty standards over american, id prefer to learn my mother's filipino language of tagalog over japanese rn
and im fine living in north america lol
though id preferably live somewhere in europe or canada

i feel my bf is more of a weeaboo then me, cuz he is full white while im half asian, but wants to live in japan and has a book on the language and mainly watches anime/film that are japanese more than me xD but even still its moderate and hes not like... a Weeaboo(tm) if u know what i mean.. he just admires their culture. he also doesn't know much of what his own cultural background is cuz his fmaily just has been all american for so long, so its natural and (personally preferred) to latch on to something or anything that isnt ... heavily formed by colonialism, or... Trump Nazi culture :,) (American culture)(Nothing against American pride buuut imo in extreme cases it can be one of the grossest ones)(Sorry I kind of hate america rn buuuuuuut Im sure many of us do.)

Last edited:
I'm a weeb, though I am part Japanese, and I was raised by the Japanese side of my family. Does that still make me a weeb? WHO KNOWS.

Def more of a teaboo. I love British comedy and just their accent in general.

But although I do not like Anime or K-Pop or J-Pop I am actually a huge fan of Japanese/Asian culture in general.

Last edited:
Back