Thread to share your ideas for the next game :)

Dartpaw

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
I was thinking, it would be interesting, if the next game. There is no village to begin with.

Let me explain.

You do the questionnaire to decide your face and town-name, in a car with either Isabelle or Digby driving, which you choose before you begin. The car parks at the very north center of a empty forest, Void of any houses or really anything except trees, a river, rocks, slopes to the upper/lower levels and a few ponds.

Isabelle/Digby says that this is where they'll set up construction on a new town. And ask you where you would like the town hall.

You place where you want the town hall, and it's immediately built because...? Because. And then Lottie shows up, wanting to discuss real-estate in this enterprising new area. You get a list of 10 random villagers and can choose five of which to move in. Then Lottie gives you a few signposts, so you can choose where the villagers houses should be placed.

After a "fade-to-black" the houses are set up, and the villagers congratulate you on starting this new village and such.

Then as Mayor of the town you founded, Isabelle gives you a bunch of buildings to set up, The Museum, Post Office, Nookling store, and a HHA branch. Where Lottie and Tom Nook work.

Lottie can help you change the outer designs of literally any building that isn't a home.

Nook does exactly the the same thing he did in New Leaf, but of course has many more options this time around.

And the Amiibo phone makes a return but works as Wisp did, calling up villagers via Amiibo cards, and asking them to move in.

Once you get the basic facilities set up, you do the normal routine, go fishing, catch bugs, fossils, chat with neighbours etc... but like in New Leaf, you start unlocking more facilities. Like Club LOL, Kicks, Shampoodle, The Roost. But you don't have to go through hoops to get the latter this time around, it just comes naturally.

While all of these places are built in the main town, one should keep in mind, that it's actually a little bigger than the town in the GC version, so there's much more room to put all of this stuff. Yet regardless main street is eventually built.

Akin to Happy Home Designer, Main Street has locations like a:

--Restaurant: can take villagers out to breakfast/lunch/dinner to improve friendship

--Hospital: Sick villagers end up here, and this is where you go to give them medicine, and flowers to cheer them up, which also raises friendship.

--Hobbie store: Can buy stuff like action figures, various types of puzzles, comic books, and give them to villagers as presents. Though the latter two can actually be used, the puzzle mini-games would be self explanatory but may or may not be based on in-game photos you took. And the comic books would be little short adventure stories that inter-connect.

--Grocery Store: Can buy milk, bread, eggs among other things, to cook your own meals and either display, eat or sell.

--Videogame store: Depending on what games you have digitally downloaded on your 3DS or Switch, they'll appear in the store. You can buy them with bells, and literally access said games from this one. You can also give the games to villagers as presents. Although deleting the game from your system would cause the game in Animal Crossing to disappear, and maybe you'd get a letter saying that they had to be recalled for maintenance while you were away.

But then again, who's to say that all the previously mentioned facilities can't be on main street too? The thing is, the player would have complete control of what's in the town and what's not. Even the gaming store and restaurant can go into the town if they wish. And move it whenever they want.

Of course we'd still have the PWPs but here's the thing, items would be placed outside. Drop a bike in your front yard? It looks like a bike instead of a leaf. The only exceptions would be when receiving or giving an item, or falling from a tree.

This is what I envision and it sounds awesome :)

Last edited:
I feel like its perfect.
But a little TOO perfect.
You can basically just stop playing after you've placed everything to your taste , besides getting the extra 5 dreamies to plot reset to wherever, placing designs, paths, trees, bushes, pwp's, and helping out your villagers.
I love ACNL due to the fact that ITS SO HARD TO GET ANYTHING DONE! But that feeling when you've finally done something, it's remarkable.

You can basically just stop playing after you've placed everything to your taste.

Couldn't the same be said for New Leaf? (Finishing up main street and getting all your favourite PWPs placed?)

Edit: Oooh I get what you mean now :) though keep in mind, one would still have to pay to build the restaurant/clinic etc... as they'd count as PWPs. And you'd have to pay to move them to and from main street and the town, as opposed to moving willy nilly whenever you wanted.

Last edited:
I've said it before and I'll say it again: I want our own RVs!
It's a feature I'd like to see in the mobile app because I think it would suit well.
As for the console games, I'd like to move away from the forests and start building in an actual city. Here's my idea:
The game consists of area with 'blocks', an area of 4 spaces back and 8 spaces across. They're are several of these in game and are all connected by roads, like blocks of buildings in a city like New York. You, as mayor, can place down items in these spaces in the blocks, like blocks of flats that take up a 4 by 4 space and can house up to 5 villagers (or your characters) in an apartment each. This would allow many more characters in the game by adding up to maybe 4 apartment buildings being constructed. Shops and PWPs can also be built in the game. Tom Nook and Lottie are present to help remodel the outer appearance of shops and the apartment buildings. There's still a train station, town hall, etc and new buildings taken from HHD like a hospital and hotel. The hotel would function like the campground in NL, villagers come and visit and you can ask them to move in. I'd like to see something different and new like this new setting for the next AC game, otherwise the other ideas I've seen, which are good don't get me wrong, but it would just feel too much like New Leaf + highly wanted features, and less of a whole new game to me.

Last edited:
I was thinking, it would be interesting, if the next game. There is no village to begin with.

Let me explain.

You do the questionnaire to decide your face and town-name, in a car with either Isabelle or Digby driving, which you choose before you begin. The car parks at the very north center of a empty forest, Void of any houses or really anything except trees, a river, rocks, slopes to the upper/lower levels and a few ponds.

Isabelle/Digby says that this is where they'll set up construction on a new town. And ask you where you would like the town hall.

You place where you want the town hall, and it's immediately built because...? Because. And then Lottie shows up, wanting to discuss real-estate in this enterprising new area. You get a list of 10 random villagers and can choose five of which to move in. Then Lottie gives you a few signposts, so you can choose where the villagers houses should be placed.

After a "fade-to-black" the houses are set up, and the villagers congratulate you on starting this new village and such.

Then as Mayor of the town you founded, Isabelle gives you a bunch of buildings to set up, The Museum, Post Office, Nookling store, and a HHA branch. Where Lottie and Tom Nook work.

Lottie can help you change the outer designs of literally any building that isn't a home.

Nook does exactly the the same thing he did in New Leaf, but of course has many more options this time around.

And the Amiibo phone makes a return but works as Wisp did, calling up villagers via Amiibo cards, and asking them to move in.

Once you get the basic facilities set up, you do the normal routine, go fishing, catch bugs, fossils, chat with neighbours etc... but like in New Leaf, you start unlocking more facilities. Like Club LOL, Kicks, Shampoodle, The Roost. But you don't have to go through hoops to get the latter this time around, it just comes naturally.

While all of these places are built in the main town, one should keep in mind, that it's actually a little bigger than the town in the GC version, so there's much more room to put all of this stuff. Yet regardless main street is eventually built.

Akin to Happy Home Designer, Main Street has locations like a:

--Restaurant: can take villagers out to breakfast/lunch/dinner to improve friendship

--Hospital: Sick villagers end up here, and this is where you go to give them medicine, and flowers to cheer them up, which also raises friendship.

--Hobbie store: Can buy stuff like action figures, various types of puzzles, comic books, and give them to villagers as presents. Though the latter two can actually be used, the puzzle mini-games would be self explanatory but may or may not be based on in-game photos you took. And the comic books would be little short adventure stories that inter-connect.

--Grocery Store: Can buy milk, bread, eggs among other things, to cook your own meals and either display, eat or sell.

--Videogame store: Depending on what games you have digitally downloaded on your 3DS or Switch, they'll appear in the store. You can buy them with bells, and literally access said games from this one. You can also give the games to villagers as presents. Although deleting the game from your system would cause the game in Animal Crossing to disappear, and maybe you'd get a letter saying that they had to be recalled for maintenance while you were away.

But then again, who's to say that all the previously mentioned facilities can't be on main street too? The thing is, the player would have complete control of what's in the town and what's not. Even the gaming store and restaurant can go into the town if they wish. And move it whenever they want.

Of course we'd still have the PWPs but here's the thing, items would be placed outside. Drop a bike in your front yard? It looks like a bike instead of a leaf. The only exceptions would be when receiving or giving an item, or falling from a tree.

This is what I envision and it sounds awesome :)

This is the best idea ever. You should work for Nintendo!

Last edited:
I think they should add more types of plants, (cotton, maybe? Then we could pick the cotton and sew clothes). New flowers could be lavender, water lilies (I'd love water lilies, they'd look so nice just in a pond or river, and it's my birth flower). That could also have lily pads. And we could make trees taller and bigger by planting a sapling on top of a sapling, the more saplings, the bigger and taller the tree will grow. Add more stones to get from rocks, (diamonds, etc) More food plants (fruit trees, fruit bushes, vegetables). We could have carrots, lettuce, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, star fruit, potatoes, etc.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh also they should add everything Dartpaw said.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh and be able to have houses and public works projects facing in different directions and be able to rotate the camera outdoors. And maybe we can start our own store and hire villager workers.

I'd like to see something different and new like this new setting for the next AC game, otherwise the other ideas I've seen, which are good don't get me wrong, but it would just feel too much like New Leaf + highly wanted features, and less of a whole new game to me.

Seeing as Nintendo seems to be breaking trends left and right lately (Pokemon Sun/Moon, Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey) I wouldn't be surprised if we get something completely different :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

This is the best idea ever. You should work for Nintendo!

Thank you :)

I think they should add more types of plants, (cotton, maybe? Then we could pick the cotton and sew clothes). New flowers could be lavender, water lilies (I'd love water lilies, they'd look so nice just in a pond or river, and it's my birth flower). That could also have lily pads. And we could make trees taller and bigger by planting a sapling on top of a sapling, the more saplings, the bigger and taller the tree will grow. Add more stones to get from rocks, (diamonds, etc) More food plants (fruit trees, fruit bushes, vegetables). We could have carrots, lettuce, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, star fruit, potatoes, etc.

Oh also they should add everything Dartpaw said.

Oh and be able to have houses and public works projects facing in different directions and be able to rotate the camera outdoors. And maybe we can start our own store and hire villager workers.

Yeah, we can have kind of a Recettear-esque minigame where we sell stuff while haggling :)

I also like the sewing clothes and trees idea too :)

I think instead of building a village, there should be a whole new aspect: a school! Just like when you're in the train with Rover, instead you could be in a taxi or something with him as your driver, asking you questions like: Where's your school located, and what's it called? And Isabelle would be the vice principal, helping you with tasks and such.

And there wouldn't be a limit of 10 villagers, because... it's a school! You could like upgrade from preschool, kindergarten, elementary school, middle, high, and then college, or whatever buildings depending on the region the game was bought from. Or there could be separate buildings, and you could watch your villagers grow up from a small animal to a big one, and when it's time to graduate they leave the game forever. And there could be an option where if you have New Leaf, you could connect to your town with a code or something so that said villager could move into your town.

I kinda came up with this idea on the spot, but I think it would be really fun!

I just want sunflowers, easier way to place pathways, and the villager limit to be upped. :) and the next game to come out like NOW...getting so antsy waiting for an announcement. :/

This is a pretty simple idea, I don't see it mentioned very often and I like it since it's realistic and I can see the creators of Animal Crossing implementing it in the next game: I'd be nice if we can hop/jump. There would be tours and (villager) games centered around jumping and it'd be interesting to do something other and swim/walk/run.

The only thing I wish... For there to be game-specific pwp's (like the tower!) with amibos. I also wish you can place designs UNDERNEATH pwp's (besides hacking!)

- - - Post Merge - - -

The only thing I wish... For there to be game-specific pwp's (like the tower!) with amibos. I also wish you can place designs UNDERNEATH pwp's (besides hacking!)

Edit: ALSO! MORE DESIGN SLOTS (Design mules must be protected!)

Back