Miiverse is being killed off - your thoughts?

Looks like they made this collage of farewell Miiverse posts. That's pretty cool.

(clicky-click for HQ, although it's 10200?5760 so will take a while to load in)​

I personally hardly touched it so in essence, I'm not that worried - but I just hop they remove the icon/feature from the Wii U and 2/3DS's etc.

The icon better not stay. :/
TBH, while I'd already started moving on from MV, and kinda did appreciate being made to move on, I'm pretty angry at Nintendo for how they're treating Wii U in general. It's like they're overly eager to be rid of it. It's maybe a bit too pessimistic, but I'm inclined to believe they'll change Wii U and 3ds online next year as well as switch.

so sad that it closed last night. i used to be slightly(?) popular on there back in 2014 (almost 3000 followers!). thanks to miiverse, i was inspired to draw. i made a lot of amazing friends on there. i hope nintendo implements something like miiverse to the switch someday. :c

lmao this image bluescreened my computer

What rusty rig are you running? Can't even handle a high resolution image...
I never get bluescreened when using my computer... which doesn't have Windows installed and therefore can't bluescreen. It even held itself together during a hard drive failure. :eek:

I wish they would remove the icon, because the blue light is bugging the heck out of me!
aba15e39-04d3-4493-9715-1e9a96ccc494.jpg

Would be nice if they would remove the icon...But who am I kidding, that stupid Wii U TV thing icon is still there despite it was discontinued and never even made available in my country, Miiverse logo is probably there to stay too...

Good riddance. When I wasn't getting banned for lord knows what it was throwing god awful posts I didn't want to see all over games. Splatoon is pretty much the only game I ever saw some legitimately decent stuff from Miiverse in, maybe 'Miiverse stage' in Smash if only for the occasional funny post that cropped up.

Speaking of which, glad I only played the Miiverse stage at a friends and never actually bought it...There's some money well spent, on what is now just a white version of final destination. Whoo...

Last edited:
Would be nice if they would remove the icon...But who am I kidding, that stupid Wii U TV thing icon is still there despite it was discontinued and never even made available in my country, Miiverse logo is probably there to stay too...

Good riddance. When I wasn't getting banned for lord knows what it was throwing god awful posts I didn't want to see all over games. Splatoon is pretty much the only game I ever saw some legitimately decent stuff from Miiverse in, maybe 'Miiverse stage' in Smash if only for the occasional funny post that cropped up.

Speaking of which, glad I only played the Miiverse stage at a friends and never actually bought it...There's some money well spent, on what is now just a white version of final destination. Whoo...

You do know Miiverse stage is completely free right? On a side note to the stage.. it Also has different music too!

Ugh, did you see there was a notification saying you could download your posts? After I wasted a bunch of time saving drawings and fun screenshots on my computer. Thanks for the heads up Nintendo.

Also if they are going to leave the icon, they better at least get rid of the blue notification dot that is currently stuck on it.

Since the icon is stuck on the 3DS forever, I keep clicking on it, as I keep forgetting Miiverse is gone now.

I'm rather sad Nintendo's getting rid of the Wii U and even 3DS' online features this quickly. The original DS and Wii's online services lasted about 8 years. Imagine how long the online features on the 3DS and Wii U will last... already various features have been gone for a while. Only the basic online multiplayer in games like Mario Kart 7 and ACNL seem to be still up.

Yeah. It's something I noticed long ago, but few people would agree with me. This is harsher than simply phasing a console out for next gen. One thing that really bothers me is, the switch online launch next year is the *perfect* excuse for them to at least tamper with the rest of what we have. They're going out of their way to bury Wii U.

Back