• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Miiverse is being killed off - your thoughts?

AnimalCrossingPerson

Please respect GDPR
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
New Horizons Token
20 Envelopes
Red Candy
Red Candy
Winter Mittens
Lucky
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Timmy Christmas Doll
New Leaf Token
Isabelle

Seeing as Miiverse wasn't included on the Switch, I guess it was obvious that Miiverse would end, but I didn't expect it to be this year. Does anyone here actually care? It's been mentioned that this may affect Super Smash Bros. and Super Mario Maker.

Not caring other than happy they actually ditch it. The moderation was horrible and it was all just a bunch of people acting immature as heck.

I care as I use Miiverse a lot. Everyone there is disappointed, but this is reasonable since there is no Miiverse for the switch, and Nintendo wants to stop supporting the Wii U and 3ds very soon, so of course they start taking down the good services. Soon, online play is gonna go bye-bye. Just wait. (But I am aware that there is ways to get around online play shutdown, but not everyone will do it)

Three months left though. That's enough for continue posting before it ends.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Not caring other than happy they actually ditch it. The moderation was horrible and it was all just a bunch of people acting immature as heck.
True, lots of trolls there, but it was still fun for me.

i got console banned when i was 10 so i don't really care
if anyone here remembers the infamous groxcroc/groxcroc2/goodguymaskedman/goodguycrocomire, here i am

Last edited:
uhhh i use it a lot for taking photos, if that goes away w the rest of miiverse i will Die a little

I'm kind of sad as there was at least some good content on Miiverse (read: some and not immature 12 year old lacking any sense of grammar).

That's kinda lame, although I almost never used it except for the occasional play journal entry. It was good for saving screenshots though.

That's pretty disappointing, particularly when it comes to games such as Mario Maker where sharing stuff with the community is so important.

I never thought Nintendo would discontinue the online features of the Wii U and 3DS so early. Mario VS Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars will be impossible to complete 100% now. :(

I use it mostly for getting pictures onto my iPad and laptop, I hope they will add in an update a way to do that.

Me: Aww, I really liked sharing drawings and animal crossing stuff, talking to others, getting followers, meeting cool people...

Others: I need it for acnl photos!!!!!!!!!! What do i use now?!?!?!

pfft whatever
the only time i ever used miiverse in the lapse of 2 years have been 2 times posting my SMM level.

I remember i used it back in 2014-Early summer 2015 tho'

Last edited:
Its going to hurt a lot of games.

-Splatoon Lobby will be empty
-Smash Bros. Miiverse Stage will have no purpose
-Mario Maker won't have the posts at the bottom anymore

and so on and so forth. Its kinda a lame decision on Nintendo's part to be killing it off this early.

- - - Post Merge - - -

but then again i got banned on Miiverse when I was 11 so i can't really say it affects me personally lololol

Nintendo is being really rash with this decision. They have no social network on the Switch and the only one they have on the 3DS & Wii U is being killed off. I didn't use it a whole ton. It was just nice to have it there when I did feel like posting something.

Nintendo is being really rash with this decision. They have no social network on the Switch and the only one they have on the 3DS & Wii U is being killed off. I didn't use it a whole ton. It was just nice to have it there when I did feel like posting something.

Nintendo=overprotective parents.

Seriously, not everyone that plays Nintendo games is 8. Nintendo is making their franchise too child-friendly, there are lots of teens and adults that play their games & consoles y'know....

I never thought Nintendo would discontinue the online features of the Wii U and 3DS so early. Mario VS Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars will be impossible to complete 100% now. :(

100% completion relies on Miiverse? That's pretty poor. Anyway, online multiplayer should stay up for quite some time (should - there's no guarantee) - the DS and Wii online was only terminated a little short of ten years due to some contract expiring.

e4RPr5R.png
I wonder if they planned to get rid of it for awhile, considering that the Switch never came with a stylus to draw with or anything

Back