• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Miiverse is being killed off - your thoughts?

When I was still pretty young, I had a few friends on there, but I haven't really used it recently. It's kind of sad to see the end of an era, but seeing as it was treated "cringe" content, I guess it's not that big a deal.

It's now less than a month from now until it ends. I'm trying to finish some goals and things there before it's too late.

Even if I never used it as I was not really interested in it, I was kinda surprised about this announcement.
I feel bad for the people who used and like it.

I'm glad it's shut down, they have some ridiculous rules. I got a warning one time for just saying the word 'hack', while I seen tons of people say freaking cusswords and inappropriate things...I get a warning for saying 'hack'. (I never said how to hack, I don't even know how to anyway and I don't want to.)

The staff there are an embarrassment.

Last edited:
I've considered Miiverse to be dead since 2015, it ending really doesn't matter all that much since I've had no reason to use it. That being said, I do have good memories from there, but I've been missing those for a long time now.

It's honestly a good thing, though. Maybe they'll use the money from Miiverse servers to better their servers on the switch(Which is why I consider the paid online thing to be just fine, if they use the money right then I'll be fine paying 20 a year)

But...I think this calls for a petition. I believe that, after the death of miiverse, we should go to Nintendo and start a NEW community...
Totinoverse.

wow I am really really sad, I really didn't expect them to kill off services this soon.... I basically only used it to upload screenshots, but if miiverse is shutting down then I guess that means my acnl blog is dead for good :'(

I hope this doesn't mean online servers are gonna die soon, I feel like acnl will really be dead when that happens :(
on the other hand I guess I'll try to look on the bright side.... maybe this means a new animal crossing will be coming for the switch... pls nintendo...

We have about 20 days until Miiverse ends. I will try to make the best of it. Miiverse was a big reason why I used my 3DS so often. It won't be the same without it.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I am trying to catch 100 Pok?mon in Pok?mon Silver before Miiverse ends.

I'm glad it's shut down, they have some ridiculous rules. I got a warning one time for just saying the word 'hack', while I seen tons of people say freaking cusswords and inappropriate things...I get a warning for saying 'hack'. (I never said how to hack, I don't even know how to anyway and I don't want to.)

The staff there are an embarrassment.

Yeah, I think I went there once because of curiosity and it's literally full of small kiddos getting away with everything. Like bruh do they have some word filter for people 18+ (or whatever your age) or.

Yeah staff there should be fired.

Hopefully they remove the icon from the 3DS otherwise its gonna bug me.

Yeah, I think I went there once because of curiosity and it's literally full of small kiddos getting away with everything. Like bruh do they have some word filter for people 18+ (or whatever your age) or.

Yeah staff there should be fired.

Actually, contrary to what you say, most of the inappropriate stuff gets deleted within a few minutes or hours. Most of us long time Miiverse users have agreed that the admins are most likely bots.

I'll still miss Miiverse, though. My first experience of some sort of social media or forum.

Actually, contrary to what you say, most of the inappropriate stuff gets deleted within a few minutes or hours. Most of us long time Miiverse users have agreed that the admins are most likely bots.

I'll still miss Miiverse, though. My first experience of some sort of social media or forum.

Yeah but still that cesspool shouldn't even have existed as a community. Just a simple screenshot uploader would have been enough.

To be honest I might miss it for all the stupid things being said on there, like this kid literally told me that I'm going to lose followers for setting my Miitopia posts to spoilers lol, like I care about who's following me...I'm here to post things not trying to be popular.
I really wanted to tell them to mind their business...

Last edited:
I could've cared but... I got banned on my Wii u because "----" Aka no said reason

We're now four and a half days away from shut down. I have completed most of the goals I wanted to complete on Miiverse before it ends now.

Like I said before, I'll miss Miiverse very much. It was a life changing experience for me. Had I not been on there, I wouldn't have discovered and enjoyed Animal Crossing or Fire Emblem.

Goodbye, Miiverse. It's been a good run.

I logged into miiverse on my computer just to save a few of the fun screenshots / drawings I posted. I really hope they add another way to save screenshots. That is pretty much all I use miiverse for. That and a couple random questions about how to beat something I get stuck on in a game.

After doing an ACNL daily log of 298 entries, I feel like I may just stop when Miiverse ends.

The best part of Miiverse was it was a private sanctuary just for talking about games - and the people who used it correctly made wonder art and other posts with it. I don't think Facebook/Twitter could ever substitute what it could do on that front, as those places linked your entire personal life into your gaming - something that people have been afraid to do. This limited scope to games was quite powerful...

Yet I believe what caused it demise wasn't the rise of other social media: Instead, it was because there was no system of trust implemented between anonymous gamers. The Friend Code debacle is the ultimate case: They trusted absolutely no one there to trade codes responsibly, and never even tried to figure out when someone could be deemed trustworthy to trade them. As a result, they moderated everyone as if they assumed every friend code trade automatically ended in despair.

Sadly, it doesn't work to expand a userbase - It only minimizes the number of users who would tolerate the idea of being untrusted all the time... and maybe to the ones that didn't trust themselves in the first place. The rest end up going elsewhere, where the gamers *could* gain recognition of trust.

This situation is what ruined the great idea Miiverse was designed to be.

Last edited:
whew i'm glad Miiverse is going. On the Wii U it caused me so much stress.

Back