• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Miiverse is being killed off - your thoughts?

I mostly don't care except the Wii u home menu and games ( like mk8 yoshie ww etc ) that feature in game posts with stamps...

I'm pretty bummed to be honest. While none of my games rely on it, I like to doodle on there (and look at other people's doodles.) It's also the only place where I save my screenshots. I don't plan on picking up Mario Maker now though, since it won't be worth it afaik. It seems really sudden for it to close so soon.

How do you feel about Miiverse shutting down?

For myself I've been expecting it to happen soon with the release of the Switch and it not having a Miiverse option. I haven't been that active on it for awhile so it wasn't as upsetting to me as it was for other people.

I've seen some people really upset about it, to the point that they're calling Nintendo to try and convince them to keep Miiverse. Which honestly I find silly, there's no way that they would keep Miiverse after making it official that it's going to be shut down. If they did I would be extremely shocked.

On another note; I am happy to see that Nintendo gave an option on their site to download all your posts. I would hate to see the artist on there lose their drawings.

I think it's a good decision. I've always said that Nintendo should focus less on building social networks and more on creating good, quality games. Removing unnecessary features like Miiverse will be a big help.

i only ever used it to get quality screenshots of my games, so that's the only reason i'll miss it. i don't really do much of that anymore, though.

literally never used it it was pointless imo lmaooo

Eh, I don't really feel any particular type of way about it. While I agree that games are nintendo's speciality and not social networking and they should stick to what they know, I can see some people got enjoyment out of it. I hardly used it anyway as there are much more conventional means of communicating with others. I found it oversimplified. I think it's a bit much that people are calling Nintendo about this, since whenever they get rid of one thing, they usually compensate it with one big new thing. Everything eventually comes to an end and if it's miiverse, so be it.

The only time I ever used it was to upload animal crossing screenshots for contests on this site. So I don't care much

I do agree that the ability to easily take high quality screenshots is something I'll miss. I think I would be more upset about it if I didn't move on to drawing on the computer. I used to draw things in Art Academy, an app that's on the Wii U, I would post my art on Miiverse all the time. Now after getting different drawing software on my computer I don't use Art Academy anymore and that pretty much killed my activity on Miiverse.

And honestly as a social site it was very restrictive with it's 30 posts a day thing. It made it that getting a comment on your post was a rare thing. Also to mention becoming friends on the 3DS was pretty much impossible unless you have a Wii U to send privet messages (those didn't get blocked for sharing FCs). I never understood the friend request thing, Wii U and easily send requests but the 3DS can't? Just why? And if it's to protect kids then why is Wii U, that has a face chat thing, easier to send a request than the 3DS that doesn't have a face chat option? That never made since to me.

- - - Post Merge - - -

wait....
How are we supposed to add each other on the wii u?
:T..

I believe the Wii U has a friend code option just like the 3DS. I've never used it myself, but I'm pretty sure it does have it.

I think it's a good decision. I've always said that Nintendo should focus less on building social networks and more on creating good, quality games. Removing unnecessary features like Miiverse will be a big help.

HOW DARE YOU CALL MIIVERSE UNNECESSARY
WITHOUT MIIVERSE WE WOULDNT HAVE HAD quality posts like this
BoQzLqdCYAAtmkJ.jpg

I didn't know it was.

I hope they give us some way to take screenshots on the 3DS without it, but otherwise I'm not too bothered about it.

I'm glad it's gone. It was pointless from the beginning.

I'm gonna miss the bottom screenshot ability and the instant good quality shots but nothing else.

So the Miiverse stage on Smash will be worthless now...I liked that stage, I got a chuckle out of some of the crap people posted.

Otherwise, I couldn't really care. I'm not surprised that Nintendo wasted no time in shutting it down either.

HOW DARE YOU CALL MIIVERSE UNNECESSARY
WITHOUT MIIVERSE WE WOULDNT HAVE HAD quality posts like this
View attachment 207662

To be fair, that's some nice water.

Back