• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

what game made you bought the 3ds?

Pokemon X and Y. I was bitter at first about needing to buy a new console to play the new games, but I have no regrets about buying it now.

Initially, X and Y, but Animal Crossing was a happy surprise underneath my Christmas tree~

acnl ^^ ive always wanted to play it but since i have a ps3 i didnt want to ask my parents for another expensive console so i got a summer job and bought it with my own money. best decision ive made, seriously.

I just got it 'cause it looked cool, got it around launch so there weren't any games to buy it for tbh...

I think the first game I bought for the 3DS wasn't even a 3DS game... I had bought pokemon black when I bought my 3DS. I did however, buy ocarina of time shortly after.

I'd say Mario Kart 7 i guess... Basically all my friends had a 3ds and they were always playing Mario Kart 7 without me ;-; lol

My siblings got a 3DS each because of Animal Crossing, and soon I followed through with them as well. I think my first game on 3DS was HHD. I’m not entirely sure lol, I have a bad memory.

Last edited:
No particular game I just wanted to upgrade from my DS Lite cause the touch screen was absolutely destroyed and it was driving me crazy

I bought it at launch when there were barely games just because I wanted it lol

It was Animal Crossing: New Leaf that got me into buying a 3DS. However, I got my first 3DS back in 2011 (right at launch), knowing that a new Animal Crossing game is coming out (which happened over 26 months later).

I can totally remember what it's like to have a 3DS before worthy titles came out. I even remember back when the eShop didn't exist on the 3DS. I spent the first two months playing Streetpass Plaza games and AR games. My favorite was Find Mii (Part 1). Then it started to change after the introduction of the eShop. Man, the 3DS changed a lot. Can you imagine playing only Streetpass Plaza games and AR games and nothing else? I also remember that Face Raiders existed since the launch of the 3DS.

probably acnl. my sister got a 3ds before me & i envied her town haha

I was working at Gamestop when the 3DS was released, felt obligated to buy one. Pre-ordered Ocarina of Time and at least two others because "sales". I think ACNL is like the only thing I ever really ended up using it for. Oh and Pokemon Black into Y.

Animal Crossing New Leaf. Not gonna lie, I had no intention of ever buying the 3DS. I couldn't turn down New Leaf though so I bought the 3DS XL and New Leaf.

If it weren't for New Leaf, I'm sure I would have bought the 3DS for ORAS.

Back