• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

what game made you bought the 3ds?

I wanted one for ACNL when the game was announced. Waited for the 3DSXL to be released before buying the system.
While I waited I played Professor Layton games and some puzzle games. I'm now addicted to pokemon.

I was obsessed with getting pokemon, so my boyfriend bought me a 3Ds along with Pok?mon X. Now I have around 11-15 games for it.

I went and got the 3DS on a whim to be able to play Pokemon Soul Silver. Afterwards I purchased Paper Mario: Sticker Star and then both Pokemon X and Y, preceeding Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby

Mine was actually a gift, LOL! I didn't even play on it for a long time until I remembered about Animal Crossing. Now I haven't been able to put it down. :)

Mainly Animal Crossing New Leaf, but also some other games like Nintendogs + Cats or Pokemon Rumble
Blast back at the time (both games are also the first games I got for the 3DS).

I got the 3DS a little while after release, the day OOT 3D came out. I was planning on getting one anyways due to how much I loved the DS and how much it was part of my earlier days. I guess OOT 3D was what I got it for? I mainly just use my DSes as Pokemon Machines now, though.

I'm glad I was able to experience the 3DS for all that it's been so far, it's been a really fun time. When youtube for the 3DS came out, even if it wasn't the BEST, I adored the thing, because I finally had something I could lay down and watch youtube with(Yeah I didn't have a phone for the longest time, I was one of those stupid kids who wanted to be "Out of the norm" or something stupid).

The only thing that the 3DS needs is a Totino's Pizza Rolls game, and then it will be the best system ever made

nothing "made" me, i bought the special edition 3ds xl animal crossing new leaf one when it went on sale on ebay after it first released though

I originally got a 3DS so that I could use the online functionality (trading, wifi battles, etc.) in Pokemon Black & White. That might seem strange, but at that point the DS consoles only used WEP wifi instead of WPA, and WEP is a less secure connection. It was also a purchase made planning for future Pokemon releases.

Animal crossing. Also pokemon X and Ocarina of Time, but more so animal crossing.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf of course! I was still in highschool and super broke. I saved all the money I made babysitting over the summer to buy one and a new copy of ACNL. Lol. One of the best decisions I've made... or maybe the worst. I'm still addicted. I can't stop playing...

Last edited:
Pokemon X or Y made me wanting to get a 3DS fast. I always have liked the Pokemon series since I was a toddler back in my Diamond/Pearl/Platinum days. I had to check out the new content in those games.

I originally imported an American 3DS with Nintendogs + cats: Golden Retriever and Friends. Then I sold them to a woman in London for ?220 six months later because I never used it.

When Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Pok?mon X had confirmed release dates I bought a second (PAL) 3DS. :)

Pokemon Sun and Moon.
I had been wanting to get a 3ds since I saw the Let's Plays of Pokemon X & Y and Chuggaaconroy's Let's Play of AC:NL, but told myself I wasn't going to get a game system for just one (or two) game(s).
Watching poketubers play Sun and Moon really made me want to play it. I didn't just want to watch, I wanted to actually play the game and experience it for myself.
So, in January 2017 I bought a New 3DS XL, along with Pokemon X and AC:NL Welcome amiibo.

Nothing in particular. I just wanted a Wii U for Christmas(this was in 2012), but my mom got me a 3DS XL instead. I got into Animal Crossing later.

Tbh I think I just got mine as a normal birthday present? I can't remember if I asked for it in specific, but I would've eventually wanted to get one because of pokemon. I think my 3ds is around 4 years old now and it's still working : p

Back