• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

what game made you bought the 3ds?

It was Animal Crossing: New Leaf that got me into buying a 3DS. However, I got my first 3DS back in 2011 (right at launch), knowing that a new Animal Crossing game is coming out (which happened over 26 months later).

I can totally remember what it's like to have a 3DS before worthy titles came out. I even remember back when the eShop didn't exist on the 3DS. I spent the first two months playing Streetpass Plaza games and AR games. My favorite was Find Mii (Part 1). Then it started to change after the introduction of the eShop. Man, the 3DS changed a lot. Can you imagine playing only Streetpass Plaza games and AR games and nothing else? I also remember that Face Raiders existed since the launch of the 3DS.

Yeah I remembered the launch here, only getting like the Star Fox game and Pilotwings Resort and maybe something else, can't remember.

I knew I was getting a 3DS the day I saw the Ocarina of Time 3D announcement. That game was a huge part of my childhood, in fact I think it was the first game I ever played when I was 5, so it will always hold a special place in my heart. Surprisingly, AC was something that I bought on a whim after I saw my Canadian friends playing it when I was visiting. I had never played an AC game before then and it looked pretty fun, so I treated myself to it as soon as I got back from my holiday. I think it has the highest playtime of all my 3DS games so I definitely got my money's worth and more out of it. It's absolutely one of my favourite handheld consoles ever, the selection and quality of games is excellent, I've never had any regrets buying one.

I didn?t buy it. My husband bought me it for my 16th birthday along with Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance (which I haven?t finished lol). Then ACNL came out a few months after my bday, so then I got that XD But if it weren?t for KH:DDD I wouldn?t have wanted the 3DS.

Ocarina of Time!! It was my favorite Zelda game until Breath of the Wild so I needed it haha :)

Ocarina of Time for sure. I had always wanted to play it, but had no way until the remake. Getting it after hearing all the hype was so cool.

Mario Kart 7 really sealed the deal for me. At first, I wasn't interested in the 3ds but when I was 11-12, I was obsessed with Mario Kart Wii, so once I heard the new one coming out, I had to go and beg my mom for one for Christmas that year lol.

Pretty sure I got my first 3DS just from wanting one, not from any particular game. :)

I don?t remember but I remember my parents telling me a few weeks ago that I Wanted Pilotwings Resort from a demo so but that they bought me a 3ds as an early birthday present back in June 2012

Funnily enough, it was Animal Crossing that made me buy a DS. Best decision ever and now I have more games now. I have a special ed. Mario version (New 3ds) so i can change the outerwear and add charms and I love it so much.

pokemon x was the game that made me buy it. i had a ds lite, and i cant even remember the games i had on it, but a friend had pokemon x and i watched him play it and i just had to have it after that. animal crossing new leaf was my second game though

It was Pokemon X/Y that made me buy a 3DS. After buying it I quickly grew in love with the games available for the console. I ended up buying a lot of games after.

I got the OOT 3D bundle because the remake looked gorgeous. I figured there would be new AC and new Pokemon eventually, so I picked up a beautiful console with a game I sort of wanted while I could. I think my DS classic and DSi were falling apart around that time too.

Back