• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

what game made you bought the 3ds?

HungryForCereal

if it was you I'd never want to leave...
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Pink Summer Shell
Mint
Pavé
pokemon x/y made me buy my first 3ds but something happened to my 3ds so i just left it there and never touch it again but its ACNL after the update made me buy a new 3ds.

No idea, it was mostly for better Internet actually, I could never connect to the sloppy WEP stuff you were forced onto the old DS games and consoles.

I actually got my 3DSXL because my mom was trying to compensate for my dad breaking my DSiXL after trying to replace the microphone in it. I didnt get it for a particular game because the one 3DS game I had I always played on my brothers console.

New Leaf. I held out for the LE "pop tart" 3DS.

Animal Crossing and also the fact that I missed having a handheld.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf. I'm more of a console gamer and don't always buy handhelds. So if not for New Leaf, I wouldn't even own a 3DS right now.

It was a Christmas gift in 2012...Jeez, that one will be 5 this Christmas Eve. ( I dropped that one and it broke) I still have it though.

I definitely bought my Nintendo 3DS XL to play Pokemon X and Pokemon Y just like I bought my Nintendo DS Lite to play Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl, not many other games I ever want to play. It's always nice to get a good deal when buying a new console with a couple of games. And the starter pack with charger and styluses and a nice case. I really love the case I got with the 3DS XL. I feel for the person above who couldn't connect to WEP, that's the reason I bought a Nintendo DSi so I could connect and trade over the internet on Pokemon Black.

no specific game, mainly just wanted a handheld system. the games that did interest me right away though included ACNL, and fire emblem (which i never did get into).

I got my first 3DS in Christmas 2011. I remember wanting it for future games not announced yet like Pokemon and Kirby. When they did get announced, I was happy to already have a 3DS. I got my second 3DS for Chrimstmas 2015 (I think?) so I could connect the two, but now that purpose is gone until I get the old one fixed.

Last edited:
Probably Animal Crossing, I think NL had been announced already before I actually bought a 3DS.. ended up having to wait a long long time for that acnl hahah
But I was gonna upgrade eventually anyway, I was just taking my time about it. Finally gave in when they released the purple 3ds (but replaced that with an xl like a year or two later anyway lol)

None. I bought the 3DS because I wanted it. I did look forward to playing Ocarina of Time, though, because I had briefly played a Zelda game before and I really wanted to play again.

I definitely bought my Nintendo 3DS XL to play Pokemon X and Pokemon Y just like I bought my Nintendo DS Lite to play Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl, not many other games I ever want to play. It's always nice to get a good deal when buying a new console with a couple of games. And the starter pack with charger and styluses and a nice case. I really love the case I got with the 3DS XL. I feel for the person above who couldn't connect to WEP, that's the reason I bought a Nintendo DSi so I could connect and trade over the internet on Pokemon Black.

Yeah, I probably could have gotten the Dsi for the black/white games and such but yeah 3ds was pretty much coming soon after that so yeah better invest in one man. wonder why they had such ****ty connection stuff on the old ones though :/ and when i tried one wep we had at grandmas it ****ted even more man

i found out that ace attorney 5 was only gonna be for 3ds and i caved in :(

It was purely for animal crossing new leaf! Honestly I didn't even look for other games until much later (years), although I did download Mario kart shortly after because I already knew of it too. I still don't have Pok?mon either lol

My mom gifted my 3DS out of random on christmas. I was super hyped.
I didnt really wish for any games until I saw ACNL. I got it the next Christmas when it came out ;P

Oddly enough, I specifically got the 3DS for Rhythm Thief, even buying the game a week before I got the console.
There were of course plenty of games coming in the future I was securing one for though, so if not Rhythm Thief it would've been Dual Destinies.

Back