what game made you bought the 3ds?

HungryForCereal

if it was you I'd never want to leave...
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Pink Summer Shell
Mint
Pavé
pokemon x/y made me buy my first 3ds but something happened to my 3ds so i just left it there and never touch it again but its ACNL after the update made me buy a new 3ds.

No idea, it was mostly for better Internet actually, I could never connect to the sloppy WEP stuff you were forced onto the old DS games and consoles.

I actually got my 3DSXL because my mom was trying to compensate for my dad breaking my DSiXL after trying to replace the microphone in it. I didnt get it for a particular game because the one 3DS game I had I always played on my brothers console.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf. I'm more of a console gamer and don't always buy handhelds. So if not for New Leaf, I wouldn't even own a 3DS right now.

It was a Christmas gift in 2012...Jeez, that one will be 5 this Christmas Eve. ( I dropped that one and it broke) I still have it though.

I definitely bought my Nintendo 3DS XL to play Pokemon X and Pokemon Y just like I bought my Nintendo DS Lite to play Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl, not many other games I ever want to play. It's always nice to get a good deal when buying a new console with a couple of games. And the starter pack with charger and styluses and a nice case. I really love the case I got with the 3DS XL. I feel for the person above who couldn't connect to WEP, that's the reason I bought a Nintendo DSi so I could connect and trade over the internet on Pokemon Black.

no specific game, mainly just wanted a handheld system. the games that did interest me right away though included ACNL, and fire emblem (which i never did get into).

I got my first 3DS in Christmas 2011. I remember wanting it for future games not announced yet like Pokemon and Kirby. When they did get announced, I was happy to already have a 3DS. I got my second 3DS for Chrimstmas 2015 (I think?) so I could connect the two, but now that purpose is gone until I get the old one fixed.

Last edited:
Probably Animal Crossing, I think NL had been announced already before I actually bought a 3DS.. ended up having to wait a long long time for that acnl hahah
But I was gonna upgrade eventually anyway, I was just taking my time about it. Finally gave in when they released the purple 3ds (but replaced that with an xl like a year or two later anyway lol)

None. I bought the 3DS because I wanted it. I did look forward to playing Ocarina of Time, though, because I had briefly played a Zelda game before and I really wanted to play again.

I definitely bought my Nintendo 3DS XL to play Pokemon X and Pokemon Y just like I bought my Nintendo DS Lite to play Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl, not many other games I ever want to play. It's always nice to get a good deal when buying a new console with a couple of games. And the starter pack with charger and styluses and a nice case. I really love the case I got with the 3DS XL. I feel for the person above who couldn't connect to WEP, that's the reason I bought a Nintendo DSi so I could connect and trade over the internet on Pokemon Black.

Yeah, I probably could have gotten the Dsi for the black/white games and such but yeah 3ds was pretty much coming soon after that so yeah better invest in one man. wonder why they had such ****ty connection stuff on the old ones though :/ and when i tried one wep we had at grandmas it ****ted even more man

i found out that ace attorney 5 was only gonna be for 3ds and i caved in :(

It was purely for animal crossing new leaf! Honestly I didn't even look for other games until much later (years), although I did download Mario kart shortly after because I already knew of it too. I still don't have Pok?mon either lol

My mom gifted my 3DS out of random on christmas. I was super hyped.
I didnt really wish for any games until I saw ACNL. I got it the next Christmas when it came out ;P

Oddly enough, I specifically got the 3DS for Rhythm Thief, even buying the game a week before I got the console.
There were of course plenty of games coming in the future I was securing one for though, so if not Rhythm Thief it would've been Dual Destinies.

Back