• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do strangers often strike a conversation with you?

Do strangers often chat with you?

• Yes

Votes: 21 35.0%
  • No

Votes: 32 53.3%
  • Not sure

Votes: 7 11.7%

• Total voters
Not often, I kind of don't talk to people IRL besides when I am forced to at work. Some weirdos will come and talk my ears off, but they're the weirdos that do that to everyone so it's not like they're targeting me specifically. I kind of have a RBF so I think people don't see me as super approachable.

no, british people mainly keep to themselves

if they do i dont hear em cause music

Not really, but I wish they would more, I'm not the best at making friends so I'd like if nice people would approach me more often.

They used to all the time when I'd go out to bars with friends (always as the DD as I don't drink) but I'm too antisocial and crabby to deal with that these days, especially because this was always on my college campus and I'm not interested in hooking up or dating, sooo...

On the other hand, I'll occasionally talk to people when I'm out if they look like they're having a bad day or give off "I want to talk" vibes. I never mind talking to strangers, though long conversations with people I'm unfamiliar with tend to exhaust me on some level.

Usually not unless they need something from the top shelf or have a question about something or think I work somewhere I don't. Lot of folks usually describe me as a silent, kind of angry looking fellow when I'm just a quiet giant.

Not quite sure tbh, I mean when going out and partying and all that stuff everyone becomes friendly when drunk so I guess yes (?) Apart from that I've been asked some directions or the nearest supermarket and stuff like that, nothing really out of the norm

Yes, and it's been that way my whole life. Waiting in line, on the bus, at a store etc. people will just start talking to me. I never thought it was unusual until my friends and boyfriend started pointing out how bizarre it is.

For anyone who responded with yes: Do animals tend to flock to you more than other people as well?
I've noticed this for a while with both strangers and friends' pets. I wonder if there's a connection

Yes, they do.

It's mostly because I work in retail and they have to, but I've gotten better at conversing.

Not too often but whenever they do, I get really talkative and friendly to them.

Back