• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

is tumblr annoying for anyone else?

It's all fine until they update the mobile app again and then I'm back to suffering :lemon:

I love tumblr~ of course there's bad people, drama, blah blah, but it's a great distraction and I love gif sets ;v;

It's all fine until they update the mobile app again and then I'm back to suffering :lemon:

what do you mean it wasnt a great idea to add fifty million steps to tagging, block a bunch of content all of a sudden that you can't unblock, add a giant pop up that tells u when there are new posts, make posts randomly not post or post ten times in a row, and break every working function they have ??????

oh yeah i forgot to mention people tagging their stuff with #dankmemes #lol #meme #memes #dank #autism #pepe #funny #tumblr #true #lmao #me #maymay #instagram #twitter #youtube #(username) #mymeme #myedit #edit
this is obviously a bit exaggerated, its not as bad as that other website i forgot the name of it but it happens

I don't mind tumblr at all. There's so many beautiful gif-sets and graphics and there's a lot of hilarious posts on there. It's a good distraction at times.

You don't need to tag anything if you don't want to. It all depends on who and what you follow on it. If you're only following people who cause drama, then of course you're going to have a bad time. Get crappy anons? Turn off anon. you just follow things based on your interest and if you feel uncomfortable with it, just unfollow. Then again, this is common sense and should apply to any website.

I will say it's blocking feature is completely useless. It's too easy for people to get a new IP address and override the block. :/

I highly recommend XKit for tumblr. It's a godsend, trust me.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't mind tumblr at all. There's so many beautiful gif-sets and graphics and there's a lot of hilarious posts on there. It's a good distraction at times.

You don't need to tag anything if you don't want to. It all depends on who and what you follow on it. If you're only following people who cause drama, then of course you're going to have a bad time. Get crappy anons? Turn off anon. you just follow things based on your interest and if you feel uncomfortable with it, just unfollow. Then again, this is common sense and should apply to any website.

I will say it's blocking feature is completely useless. It's too easy for people to get a new IP address and override the block. :/

I highly recommend XKit for tumblr. It's a godsend, trust me.

I only have it to follow animal crossing blogs so idk it seems fine to me lol

I like it, been on there for a few years now. Honestly tumblr's what you make it, if you follow certain people you won't see the drama or childish fandoms etc. It's like any other social media, who you follow determines what you see and you're experience with it.

I've been using it for years and I love it, especially the dashboard where you can just keep on scrolling, but there are definitely a lot of issues. Personally I'm way too lazy to tag anything but spoilers and nsfw (and I wouldn't reblog stuff like gore), but it's always annoying to see people use every single tag in existence for their selfie. Like, when I follow the tag of my favorite singer I do not want to see your face on my dashboard. Use tags appropiately.

There are also a lot of bots on tumblr. They did take care of the first wave of comment bots, but I think they're slowly reappearing. But it's worse when a tag is trending and they constantly post news article using those tags even if those articles have nothing to do with it.

And I mean of course there are bad people on the site who can't behave and insult people they disagree with etc, but that's something you find on every popular website and it's something its creators and owners have to take care of. Tumblr doesn't do anything against f.e. nazi or pedophilia blogs and that's really bad.

Adding many tags on tumblr is pointless, because only the first 5 tags will have your post in search results. The search has since changed as well. Usually already popular posts show at the top, and newer posts under that tag don't get much recognition unless people specifically search for said tag and sort by most recently posted. The only other way to get recognized for your posts is to follow people who already have a large following and hope they follow you back, reblog your particular post(s), giving it more recognition. Bonus points if you write some stupid caption like "Mine~ PLZ DONT DELETE CAPTION OR I BLOCK U!!!!!!! UwU" because that's the new way of shamelessly self promo-ing.

But the community is cancer, and has only gotten worse. I love the concept of tumblr and the pretty pictures. It has since improved. I like being able to customize my blog theme though. Sending asks and blog themes makes it more personal and unique from competitor sites like we heart it and pintrest. All of my friends have deleted their blogs and stopped using Tumblr.

The only people who use it now are SJWs, extremely sensitive people such as: otherkin, witchcraft, people with a million genders, kawaii blogs that have since transitioned to grunge-y anime pastel types, and meme blogs.

The only people who use it now are SJWs, extremely sensitive people such as: otherkin, witchcraft, people with a million genders, kawaii blogs that have since transitioned to grunge-y anime pastel types, and meme blogs.
i wouldnt say thats true. tumblr is known to house more people like that, but it's not the majority. it still wouldn't be the majority if those were all combined.

- - - Post Merge - - -

and a lot of people who express being otherkin or being witches or whatever usually get 10-20 notes

Last edited:
i wouldnt say thats true. tumblr is known to house more people like that, but it's not the majority. it still wouldn't be the majority if those were all combined.

- - - Post Merge - - -

and a lot of people who express being otherkin or being witches or whatever usually get 10-20 notes

I beg to differ. There are spells and craft blogs on Tumblr that get thousands of notes. Its a very large community. It's fine to have different beliefs but a lot of people use their belief as a crutch to not do anything (ie getting a job? nah, just make a money spell. Have a crush? Don't approach them, do a creepy love spell instead).
Some do really weird stuff like cutting a person's lock of hair without their consent for a curse or love spell. They will cut their hand and seep blood, talk about being able to speak to birds, all this other conspiracy stuff that I think needs serious attention. It becomes normalized because there's a large community that is accepting of it on tumblr. These are all posts I've seen on tumblr with tons of notes from similar blogs, and I just noped the heck out.

I beg to differ. There are spells and craft blogs on Tumblr that get thousands of notes. Its a very large community. It's fine to have different beliefs but a lot of people use their belief as a crutch to not do anything (ie getting a job? nah, just make a money spell. Have a crush? Don't approach them, do a creepy love spell instead).
Some do really weird stuff like cutting a person's lock of hair without their consent for a curse or love spell. They will cut their hand and seep blood, talk about being able to speak to birds, all this other conspiracy stuff that I think needs serious attention. It becomes normalized because there's a large community that is accepting of it on tumblr. These are all posts I've seen on tumblr with tons of notes from similar blogs, and I just noped the heck out.

okay so witchcraft is very popular on tumblr
looking it up is super weird, it's like tumblr's equivalent to faith healing and youtube hyponosis videos

but tumblr is incredibly vast, there are so many different communities that its hard to determine whats more popular than another

- - - Post Merge - - -

what im trying to say is something like anti-SJW "culture" may be as popular as something like otherkin "culture" and theres also many blogs with things like photography and true crime so they are things that stand out too
i guess the majority of tumblr would be people in multiple communities

- - - Post Merge - - -

nothing i say makes sense really lol

okay so witchcraft is very popular on tumblr
looking it up is super weird, it's like tumblr's equivalent to faith healing and youtube hyponosis videos

but tumblr is incredibly vast, there are so many different communities that its hard to determine whats more popular than another

- - - Post Merge - - -

what im trying to say is something like anti-SJW "culture" may be as popular as something like otherkin "culture" and theres also many blogs with things like photography and true crime so they are things that stand out too
i guess the majority of tumblr would be people in multiple communities

- - - Post Merge - - -

nothing i say makes sense really lol

I get that there's a lot of nice genred blogs too. ^^; It just seems like tumblr is the platform where a lot of unhealthy communities thrive in the most compared to any other social media platform. They're most outspoken there too. Such as towards "calling people out" or making big deals out of small things. It's just kind of why my friends and I have strayed away. I still love and use tumblr but my once 5-thousand followed blog, I just privated because it seems like a lot of blogs don't interact as much anymore too. I had a friend with 2-thousand followers just delete her entire blog because nobody really interacted (despite trying to interact via asks or personal posts) with her anymore after around 2015 and forward. 2011-2013 people were very talkative and such, or maybe its just a different perspective for everyone.

Tumblr itself, no issues.

The culture on the other hand.

It just gets tiring to find something I like and then get reminded that everything is problematic in some way. It's exhausting.

I like it for the music, video, gif, photos, but I stay far away from any drama and intense fandom. However it takes way too much internet!!! Just scrolling a bit is equal to 30 min of video, if not more.

Back