Which messaging app do you prefer?

Which one is your favorite?

• Total voters
I only use line to talk with japanese friends. I don't use any of the other ones.

I don't really have a use for any of them. I use Discord and it rocks.

i never used whattsapp or telegram. i use line for japanese relatives/friends who dont have facebook. i use fb messenger the most. but i enjoy using discord of all.

my most used msg app would probably be discord :p
but I do also use Line/Kakao/ fb messenger on the side as well.. otherwise texting is still alive! lol

I've only heard of Whatsapp, but haven't used any of them. I use Facebook Messenger for everything since it's very rare for someone to not have a Facebook account here. It's pretty easy to use when you're set up with random people from class for a group project; all you need to do is search their name, see if they have mutual friends with you to ensure it's them and send a messenger/friend request. It's also what I use to keep in touch with friends since no one SMS's anymore lol. Messenger is faster and has more features, so why the hell not? As for online friends and gaming, Discord is the best of course!

Line is the best, followed by Kik, then Skype, and then the rest that I haven't really used, with default texting apps in last. And then below that stuck to the bottom of the trash can is Discord.
Discord is so awful lmao

i like to use messenger the most bc i just have a lot of ppl added on facebook, and its easier to reach out to me. also i love stickers lol
i liked line a lot especially for the customization & stickers but not a lot of people use it :(.... i spent a good bit on stickers back when it was popular/people i knew actually used it xD
other than that i dont really use... anything tbh
i have discord on my ocmputer and phone but i check it maybe like.. twice a month LLOL

Whatsapp (everyone does in the Netherlands)
I've been told that americans don't really use whatsapp, is this true?

never used any of those.. i normally use texts, skype, snapchat or fb messenger

also just calling someone is really easy lol

I don't use any of them. I use facebook messenger and sometimes snapchat

I prefer whatsapp. I have a lot of friends from different countries, so I get a lot of use of out this app. It means I can have their number and message them without having to pay a thing. I love that you can make calls internationally and message, I think that's pretty great. I know skype can do the same thing, but skype on mobile is bothersome as well as on PC. I much much prefer it over apps like Kik, because it's easier to keep track of your friends, by checking when they were last seen and such. Whereas on Kik people can just delete it and dissapear on you. It's also easier to catfish on kik. But on whatsapp it's linked with a phone number, so if they have an existing account it'll come up as that.

TLDR: I love whatsapp, I use it a lot. :)

Last edited:
LINE. I use it all day talking to my friends. I love the themes and stickers you can get. I just don't appreciate not being able to turn of the Read stamp so I can ignore people in peace (or also not look like a jerk when I read something and forget to reply)

Don't use any of those. Mainly use discord, skype, and facebook messenger.

i have never used any of them, ive used kik since like 2011 or 2012 but now i dont really talk w people thru kik wither. im in some group chats on snapchat and i usually use messenger to text ppl so i dont think i need a messaging app

Uhh... None of these really. I prefer overall Facebook messenger. I find things tend to get sent here faster than texts most of the time. But my second choice in regards to this poll is Line messenger, which i used to sign up for Line Play or Japanese penpals. Also we chat i use for my chinese pen pals. Both are pretty similar, especially with cute stickers. Honorable mentions: discord, skype, snapchat and good ol' MSN messenger :((((((

Back