• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

My Dream Town of Bluedale, newly updated. Come and visit!

No offense... The feedback you gave didn't sound very constructive at all. What do you mean by weeding? What projects/areas seemed out of place? Which sections need the bushes? How are the paths not organized? I can't really improve my town with all the the one liners you've given me.

Also, the critique of my town name was the most egotistical statement I've ever seen in a dream review. v_v

The name thing was just a joke since our town names are so similar, not at all meant to be egotistical so relax :3

As for the weeding, I mean do actual weeding in your town. Remove the dandelions, the blades of grass and the clovers for a neater town.

The paths I found hard to follow at times and I don't think the blue and green patterns go with the other path at all.

The bushes I rescind, as you do seem to have some to section your areas.

The name thing was just a joke since our town names are so similar, not at all meant to be egotistical so relax :3

As for the weeding, I mean do actual weeding in your town. Remove the dandelions, the blades of grass and the clovers for a neater town.

The paths I found hard to follow at times and I don't think the blue and green patterns go with the other path at all.

The bushes I rescind, as you do seem to have some to section your areas.

Okay... Well to look at your points:

The Dandelions are intentional decorations around my Campsite and near the RV Campground. I actually store and plant them just before the Dream update to make these areas feel like wild areas. If I didn't store them, they'd just disappear naturally. Either way, many seemed to love the campsite because of it.

I never saw any grass blades anywhere... Unless you're mistaking them for the Jacobs Ladder. The Clovers, though, are also decorations: I'm hoping for them to grow next to the Ladders on the edges, around my Town Hall garden, and on the dirt spots grass cannot grow. Some of them could be picked, however, and I might just buy lucky clovers for more precision.

You're the first person to ever say my paths are hard to navigate: Every other visitor who critiqued my town told me that navigation was super easy and real neat, so this is a mixed message. You'll really need to elaborate on this issue so much more for me to change it...

hey, I'm looking for friends to play with. I'd like to see your town and maybe you can visit my town too to review it? added :)

Last edited:
I think most people actually like the clovers. They aren't weeds, hence why they aren't removed when you have the clean up ordinance activated. In any case, I'd be happy to come visit your town! It'd be great if you could visit mine as well. If you're interested, just send me a PM.

Updated Today, for the orange scenery, and near the start of a sunset. I tribute it to the last update to post to Miiverse, 295 days into my town. But I'll still keep updating every so often until Mid January! ^_^

Also, I now have over 100 visits to my address, so thank you, all my dreamers!

Last edited:
Dang, girl, that's some nice landscaping! I really enjoyed this town. For one, you polished your path so well it looks as if it is part of the game. I also make my own patterns, and the "clean-up" is my LEAST favorite step, so I admire your dedication. The blue and green tiles were unexpected, but interesting. Speaking of those, I also enjoyed some of your other unique color pairings, like the blue roses with the sweet olives. It was just nice to visit a UNIQUE town that WASN'T all pink AND on the day of the cherry blossoms. (Many of those are gorgeous, but they get a lot of copycats.)

I get where BabyKay is coming from regarding the path layout, since some people like simplicity. But personally? I don't think you could lay out your paths much simpler without risking a boring setup. Most gardens aren't laid out like a city after all. The goal is to wander and literally smell the roses LOL. So while you might toy with her suggestion a little bit--I'm sure it works wonderfully in her own town--I wouldn't obsess over it. Zigzagging through the wisteria trellises was my favorite part.

Your home decor gave me a few ideas--I did NOT know you could put crap atop the striped bookcase, that is fantastic. Your blue polka dot room was quite cozy too. Now, overall, I did enjoy your landscaping more--but I think that's only because you obsessed over it a lot. I think if you picked up a home decorating magazine or something, just as you referenced actual brick patterns, a hard worker like yourself would produce some A+ material. I'm also struggling to figure out what to do with my big fat mansion (WHY did I give into Nook's hard sell??? DX), so that's what I'm doing (on top of dream visits, of course!). At the very least, you'll have a lot to talk about with your mother, if she enjoys decorating too. ;P

Granted, it IS just a video game, so...like...don't feel the need to stress out over the interiors. :p (God knows mine aren't perfect OR done, and I've been playing four years LOL. XD I just tell myself that the FUN never ends. XD) Yours are passable, and if I had to rate your town, I'd give it a 10/10, because for the most part, you really pulled off something original. :D Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
Dang, girl, that's some nice landscaping! I really enjoyed this town. For one, you polished your path so well it looks as if it is part of the game. I also make my own patterns, and the "clean-up" is my LEAST favorite step, so I admire your dedication. The blue and green tiles were unexpected, but interesting. Speaking of those, I also enjoyed some of your other unique color pairings, like the blue roses with the sweet olives. It was just nice to visit a UNIQUE town that WASN'T all pink AND on the day of the cherry blossoms. (Many of those are gorgeous, but they get a lot of copycats.)

I get where BabyKay is coming from regarding the path layout, since some people like simplicity. But personally? I don't think you could lay out your paths much simpler without risking a boring setup. Most gardens aren't laid out like a city after all. The goal is to wander and literally smell the roses LOL. So while you might toy with her suggestion a little bit--I'm sure it works wonderfully in her own town--I wouldn't obsess over it. Zigzagging through the wisteria trellises was my favorite part.

Your home decor gave me a few ideas--I did NOT know you could put crap atop the striped bookcase, that is fantastic. Your blue polka dot room was quite cozy too. Now, overall, I did enjoy your landscaping more--but I think that's only because you obsessed over it a lot. I think if you picked up a home decorating magazine or something, just as you referenced actual brick patterns, a hard worker like yourself would produce some A+ material. I'm also struggling to figure out what to do with my big fat mansion (WHY did I give into Nook's hard sell??? DX), so that's what I'm doing (on top of dream visits, of course!). At the very least, you'll have a lot to talk about with your mother, if she enjoys decorating too. ;P

Granted, it IS just a video game, so...like...don't feel the need to stress out over the interiors. :p (God knows mine aren't perfect OR done, and I've been playing four years LOL. XD I just tell myself that the FUN never ends. XD) Yours are passable, and if I had to rate your town, I'd give it a 10/10, because for the most part, you really pulled off something original. :D Thanks for sharing!

Thank you for visiting!

I kind of understand the appeal of "Realistic" interiors, like I've seen in Home shows. The thing for me is I live in a rather dank-looking place, and so I made something that feels more greeting and comforting to go into, rather than crazy-fashionable. It might also be because I don't stay inside my rooms that long in the real game play... Maybe in my future towns, I may look into these interior design trends in real life to imitate some of those things.

Good luck designing your town in homes! I'd love to check your dream address once you get one. :)

I updated my dream once more! Note that I play this game in real time, so if not much seems to change each update, it is because things come slowly.

This update has deep orange trees, some holly bushes for when winter comes, and more mushroom usage in the landscaping. Kind of toned down the dandelions a little bit, too.

My next update will be when the holly blooms white blossoms. By that time, I may get all the Blue Violets I need to line the cliffs, alongside the Jacob's ladders.

Another dream update! This time, the Holly has started to Blossom, with a beautiful light snow... I lined the cliffs with more flowers, and changed the flower colors to more black and red.

Anyways, I say thank you to all 115 visitors!

Last edited:
Wow your town is so Awesome! I love the houses and your town is so decorated very nice. Keep up the good work

Another update! This time, My town is shrouded in Holly with Berries, and set in a foggy, peaceful morning... Also did a few cosmetic changes here and there as well.

My next update will be when snow is on the ground, and during the biggest snowfall of the year!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Another update! This time, My town is shrouded in Holly with Berries, and set in a foggy, peaceful morning... Also did a few cosmetic changes here and there as well.

My next update will be when snow is on the ground, and during the biggest snowfall of the year!

It's such a shame to see such a huge town tree without any of its leaves. It's the worst part of winter in this game, to be honest. But that's not your fault, its part of the game, and other than that your plaza is lovely! The blue/green tiles are in some odd places, I must admit, as they don't appear to be in any sort of consistent pattern, but it's not exactly a bad thing, just odd and not how I would personally have chosen to do it. However, the mosaic tiles around are simply stunning and I adore them. A really great job with those! How did you get them to look so smooth and polished? It's like they belong on the ground already. I'd love to have something like these in my own town, although I'd likely play around with the colours a bit.

Cabin furniture in Irisa's house, I approve lol. My favourite set in the game. I like the almost-symmetry you've put in each room, it looks very nice. Meanwhile, Lanstar's house is just BLUE and I love it. I bet you've gotten AALLLLL the colour points from HHA in that house lol. I prefer Lanstar's to Irisa's, maybe just because of the constant and obvious theme across the entire house, rather than a theme across each room. Lanstar's got a bit of that symmetry going on in her rooms too.

All across the town, you've got patterns and symmetry and it all works very nicely. The rainbow of tulips around the windmill is a personal favourite part of mine, and the way you piled in more PWPs into the camping area and filled it up with dandelion puffs is very clever.

All in all, it's a very pretty little town. I like the simple, and thus flexible theme and I enjoyed my time visiting. Stopped and had a nice chat with Agnes haha. You've clearly worked hard on your town and I applaud you on that. Even your train station has the blue roof! (Was that intentional? lol). Like I said before, some of the placements of the blue and green tiles are a little iffy, but nothing major as it did not ruin the overall feel and experience of the town. It was very pleasant to walk around and write this little review. Bluedale is quite different from the types of reviews I usually write, but it was certainly fun to do so!

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's such a shame to see such a huge town tree without any of its leaves. It's the worst part of winter in this game, to be honest. But that's not your fault, its part of the game, and other than that your plaza is lovely! The blue/green tiles are in some odd places, I must admit, as they don't appear to be in any sort of consistent pattern, but it's not exactly a bad thing, just odd and not how I would personally have chosen to do it. However, the mosaic tiles around are simply stunning and I adore them. A really great job with those! How did you get them to look so smooth and polished? It's like they belong on the ground already. I'd love to have something like these in my own town, although I'd likely play around with the colours a bit.

Cabin furniture in Irisa's house, I approve lol. My favourite set in the game. I like the almost-symmetry you've put in each room, it looks very nice. Meanwhile, Lanstar's house is just BLUE and I love it. I bet you've gotten AALLLLL the colour points from HHA in that house lol. I prefer Lanstar's to Irisa's, maybe just because of the constant and obvious theme across the entire house, rather than a theme across each room. Lanstar's got a bit of that symmetry going on in her rooms too.

All across the town, you've got patterns and symmetry and it all works very nicely. The rainbow of tulips around the windmill is a personal favourite part of mine, and the way you piled in more PWPs into the camping area and filled it up with dandelion puffs is very clever.

All in all, it's a very pretty little town. I like the simple, and thus flexible theme and I enjoyed my time visiting. Stopped and had a nice chat with Agnes haha. You've clearly worked hard on your town and I applaud you on that. Even your train station has the blue roof! (Was that intentional? lol). Like I said before, some of the placements of the blue and green tiles are a little iffy, but nothing major as it did not ruin the overall feel and experience of the town. It was very pleasant to walk around and write this little review. Bluedale is quite different from the types of reviews I usually write, but it was certainly fun to do so!

Thanks for visiting! Indeed - I try to put the "blue" in Bluedale. Although it was strange how I got both the train station and town hall to get blue roofs - I only reset like 2 times, and never noticed it until a week later. xD

I kind of see what you mean about the Green + Blue tiling - I used them when I had no blue flowers in the winter snow months back... But the issue is that I don't know what to replace them with. They function as the identifier tiles of the town, pointing to the locations everywhere. When I just do all mosaic bricks... It feels so empty. :/

Other than that, I'm glad you enjoyed the visit! I'm updating my town for the snow tomorrow. "^_^"

hey, i just visited your dream, it was lovely!! your landscaping is beautiful and your patterns are so charming!

Back