• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What was your first Animal Crossing game?

What was the first AC game you played?

• Animal Crossing (Gamecube)

Votes: 60 26.5%
  • Wild World (DS)

Votes: 87 38.5%
  • City Folk (Wii)

Votes: 20 8.8%
  • New Leaf (3DS)

Votes: 55 24.3%
  • Other/Spin-off Game

Votes: 4 1.8%

• Total voters
I met Animal Crossing from New Leaf because after many years I was able to buy a portable console, and after I went deep into Nintendo's universe and games, I got to know the most current game in the franchise.
Since then I've played Wild Wolrd and City Folk, great games too. But I still prefer the New Leaf!

i don't really remember playing city folk too much (i usually just watched my sister play it) but it was the first animal crossing game i had. the only thing i do remember happening whenever i did play was resetti getting mad at me for not saving. man, resetti was a looot harsher in city folk than he is now in new leaf.

Wild World was the first one I played. I'd go over to a friend's house in elementary and she'd lend me some of her games. I wasn't really familiar with other games outside of Pokemon and like... Nintendogs so I didn't really know what to do other than run outside and sleep on the bed.
New Leaf was the first one I owned though.

Wild world!
I got it for Christmas when I was younger. I was instantly obsessed and played every game that followed it!
I?ve never played the Gamecube version though, but I?ve watched tonnes of videos on Youtube of other people playing it!

It's a funny story, actually. When I was a kid, my mom bought me Wild World not knowing what it was other than a game with cute animals since I had a major love for them (and still do) but at the time I was too young to understand the concept of the game and sadly gave up playing it. Thankfully when I was older, I played it and fell in love with Wild World. It was the best thing ever for me. I even had the guide book! I would time travel a lot just to go to special holidays or get specific items that were in the shops that I missed. It was and is still a great game and I still own it! I don't play it anymore because my life has been taken over with New Leaf, my boyfriend bought us both a copy on black Friday last year and we've been in love ever since.

I don't remember having a favorite villager or anything, I just remember loving the game and concept a lot. I wasn't as into Animal Crossing as I am now. Back then I didn't really know many villagers by name or if any AC games existed, I just loved running around my town and fishing.

Last edited:
Wild world was the first played and owned. I would dread to think what my town looks like now after so long

My first Animal Crossing game was the Gamecube game, I'll never forget those days.I remember I would stay playing that game for hours and hours. I even used to wake up super early and play an hour before going to school. I got that game when I was in third grade and AC has been one of my favorite game series ever since.

Last edited:
Wild World c:
Some of my favorite memories as a preteen would be in this game. I'd spend countless hours in bed with this game LOL. I'm surprised it wasn't the Gamecube version, I didn't even know it existed at the time. I had a Gamecube as my first own console, and I think that would've been awesome. But nonetheless, I'm glad that even over a decade later, I'm still a proud AC player; still never bored of it.

Last edited:
Mine was City Folk & whenever I replay it or just listen to the music it makes me feel so nostalgic & makes me want to cry.

My first game was City Folk. It was so good! CF was one of my favorite Wii games ever, and was what got me into AC. I didn't really know about the other games until New Leaf was about to come out. Now NL is my favorite, but I'll always remember CF as my first AC.

My first game was Wild World. I had Tangy...uh and I can't remember the rest. Oops!

Played was definitely gamecube while first owned City Folk. Then progressed to purchase them all

My first game was New Leaf, however I wish I played the earlier games beforehand. I'm so used to New Leaf that now I can't play the older games without feeling lost :(

I played Wild World for almost 7 dedicated years before I got New Leaf, but I also played a bit of CF in between that!

I first played WW but not for too long because I got some other games I played more than this.

But when I got my Wii and CF I started to play for years on it, I even started to go on some forums to have free unorderables just to feel powerful.

Back