• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What was your first Animal Crossing game?

What was the first AC game you played?

• Animal Crossing (Gamecube)

Votes: 60 26.5%
  • Wild World (DS)

Votes: 87 38.5%
  • City Folk (Wii)

Votes: 20 8.8%
  • New Leaf (3DS)

Votes: 55 24.3%
  • Other/Spin-off Game

Votes: 4 1.8%

• Total voters
Wild World.
I played it on my friends DS for the first time, fell in love and got it as a gift for christmas soon after~
I played it off and on for... 7 years? Before I finally got New Leaf for myself~

the first one i played was the GameCube one. i still have it somewhere lol

such a cute game, probably wouldn't have tried out the other games if I hadn't played the gamecube version. i know it's old, but i still recommend playing it, just to see what animal crossing was like when it first came out. fave feature was wisp tbh :lemon:

Last edited:
The first one I played was New Leaf. I thought AC looked boring so I never tried it before that. Was not disappointed

EDIT: also woop 2,500 posts who knew

Last edited:
Actually, New Leaf was my first ! I was always interested in Animal Crossing, so I'm glad to finally
have a game on hand I can play. It's now my absolute favourite- I've been craving a game like it for a long time. I played
a lot of The Sims as a kid, so a cuter, sized-down version with talking animals got me invested. I much prefer doing things
like errands and side-quests in video games, and collecting items, rather than just one big objective.

New Leaf, I was to young to know about the other ones. Animal Crossing Game Cube came about before I was even born, I was 1 when Wild World came out, 4 when City Folk came out, and I was 8 when New Leaf came out, and I got it for my 9th birthday.

my first animal crossing was the gamecube version. i have a lot of good childhood memories regarding it. i wish i could go back in time and relive those memories tbh.

My first was Animal Forest e+, I got this for my seventh birthday as soon as it came out, so the GameCube one. City Folk and Wild World were sorta the same, so I skimmed through both of them, and I completed New Leaf.

I picked City Folk or Let's Go To The City (as it's called in my country) but now I that I really think back, I'm pretty sure it was Wild World, but back in 2008, City Folk is what really got me into the series.

The Gamecube version was my first Animal Crossing game. I played it often and had two towns, Mew and Pokey.

Wild World was my first in 2006. My next was City Folk, then I bought a used Gamecube to play Population Growing. I've owned and played New Leaf since launch.

Animal Crossing Gamecube.
I remember in 2001 my dad taking me to Blockbuster to pick a game to rent. Without ever hearing about it, I randomly grabbed AC and seeing a picture of Christmas lights in the winter on the back of the box and was sold.
I played it for a week and had to eventually return it. Ended up buying it immediately after and have been addicted to the series since.
So much nostalgia! That was so magical.

Mine was New Leaf. Yeah, I know, sue me, but before that I had no idea what Animal Crossing was, and honestly didn't care. New Leaf is what got me interested. Of course, I haven't played any of the other games yet, but I'm hoping to try out out Wild World or City Folk soon. :)

^No one judges you! Personally, I got into the series simply by coincidence. I happened to hear people talking about it and wanted to partake in it with my friend.

Each game has its charms. I recommend checking them all out if you can, especially Population Growing (for the Gamecube) :)

Wild World!
My parents went overseas and bought it from the US (before it was over here) for my brother and I to play. We played it all through the holidays and loved it so much we would fight over who's turn it was to play. That Christmas Mum and Dad bought another copy of the game after they realised that it couldn't really be shared. We spent days and days just playing, probably 1000s of hours. Every so often I still play Wild World, it holds a special place. I got LGTTC/CF and played that a bit too.
Only recently I decided I REALLY wanted to play the New Leaf version but it wouldn't play through my old DS obviously. So I literally went out and paid $250 just so that I can try NL. I love it!! :p

I started with New Leaf. It?s kind of a funny story... I always thought Animal Crossing was ?stupid? because I thought the animals were creepy. But when New Leaf came out, pretty much all my friends were getting it and they told me to give it a try. I did, ended up loving it, and now four years later I?m the only friend who still plays it. Heh.

My first Animal Crossing game was Wild World. I remember I was looking for some new games for my
DS and found then Wild World. I never heard about Animal Crossing before back then, but because the
game looked pretty good to me, I bought it. After some trouble to get into it (I was not sure, what I
should do or how something works), I was in love. It was such a lovely game and it got pretty fast my
favorite game for the DS. I didn't play it since many years, but I think I will play it again one day, just
for the nostalgia.

My first animal crossing game was actually new leaf! I got it a few years ago, and then I lost the cartridge. Eventually I bit the bullet and bought it again, and now I have a new town set up that I'm really enjoying.

GameCube version. Nintendo of Europe had no intention of localising the game so had to import it from Canada with an Action Replay disc to bypass region locking.

Had many happy months playing along with UK friends and exchanging gifts.

Back