• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What was your first Animal Crossing game?

What was the first AC game you played?

• Animal Crossing (Gamecube)

Votes: 60 26.5%
  • Wild World (DS)

Votes: 87 38.5%
  • City Folk (Wii)

Votes: 20 8.8%
  • New Leaf (3DS)

Votes: 55 24.3%
  • Other/Spin-off Game

Votes: 4 1.8%

• Total voters
I voted WW, but actually the first version I ever bought was for the Game Cube, but I didn't "get it" and only tried to play one time for about 5 minutes and gave up. My friends daughter got me hooked on WW when I was over there watching her play it. I went out and bought a DS and that game and have been hooked ever since. I then rebought the one for GC since I "got it" now and had so many cartridges so I could have all different towns, same with WW. I have had 3 of NL but right now just have one copy of NL. I have debated getting another copy, but I think I am better off with just one, as I don't really have a lot of time to spend on more than one game anymore.

My first was Animal Crossing for GCN. Good memories of rushing to wake up in the mornings before school so I could find all the fossils around town because I knew if I didn't, my dad would dig them up and donate them all under his name. Even as a kid I was obsessed with completionism and uniformity.

Wild World.
Back then, it was the most amazing game.
NL is missing some of WW's charm, but I couldn't go back. NL is graphically, and content wise, packed.

Animal Crossing 1 back on the Gamecube. I remember getting it along with GTA Vice City and Metroid Prime around Christmas 2002. I was hooked and played whenever I was tired of playing Metroid Prime or GTA lol

The GameCube AC was my first. I was very young though :eek: But I LOVED connecting my game boy to my GameCube to play on the island c: (there was an Island right o.o) My mother was the one who actually got the game.. she originally got it for herself but would show me how to play c: I own a GameCube now but have yet to buy the game :( I’ve owned every AC game except CF, and so far NL if my favorite.

Wild World! I picked up a pre-owned copy a couple of years ago and never really got into it, because I didn't get the premise. Then New Leaf came out later and I fell in love.

New Leaf for me. I remember watching my friend play the Gamecube version, but New Leaf was the one that introduced me to the series.

so many memories ;--;

i remember my first town -- I had weeds everywhere and even though I played for a long time I couldn't not figure out how to expand my house so I just had this pea sized house for like the whole game haha

i also had city folk on the wii which was a ton of fun as well -- I always loved the town plaza idea from that game and the guy you could buy a balloon from sometimes c:

When I bought WW, I turned off without saving. I'd only just started, and was greeted by Resetti.

I had no idea who this obnoxious freak was. Telling me to type I'M A LOSER, etc.
He wouldn't shut up.

I was screaming back at him, and said to my kid, 'HELP, I can't make it stop!!!!!!!!'

It was the worst gaming experience. O_O

My kid googled it, and found that Resetti wasn't some glitch, and I decided to give WW another go. ^_^

Last edited:
The first Animal Crossing game I played was Wild World. I got it for christmas when I was 11 or something, and I remember being so hooked on it that my mom had to take my DS from me. I was so angry at her for that. xD

The first Animal Crossing game I played was Animal Crossing: Wild World back in 2009. One of my school friends (who I was close to back then...wow I was so young~) told me about it and I thought why not buy it, that was the same year I had bought my white DSi (in which broke in late 2010 and I got my first cosmos black 3DS in 2011 to replace it.)

I played Wild World from 2009 to 2011. Then in 2013 I bought New Leaf and in July 2013 I bought a second-hand Gamecube and immediately purchased Animal Crossing GCN from eBay. In 2015 I bought a second-hand Wii (I never owned a Wii, whereas pretty much everyone else did when they were kids!) and I bought City Folk from a game-trading shop.

I bought Happy Home Designer in October 2015 and downloaded Pocket Camp on my iPhone on 22nd November this year :)

I have never played Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival because I don't own a Wii U and I haven't played the original Animal Forest on Nintendo 64.

Wild World!
I was sooo obsessed, and I'm even more obsessed now, hehe :eek:

My first one was the gamecube one, and I recently found the memory card with Rover on it on my dresser in my room with no idea how it got there :p I remember having Lucky and Ribbot, and that's all. It seems so different and ancient compared to Wild World and New leaf with the way the camera zoomed to different parts and that weird hat you had to wear haha

My first one was the gamecube one. I got it when I was looking for a game my young daughter could play. We loved it and we played all the animal crossing games together.

Back