• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What was your first Animal Crossing game?

What was the first AC game you played?

• Animal Crossing (Gamecube)

Votes: 60 26.5%
  • Wild World (DS)

Votes: 87 38.5%
  • City Folk (Wii)

Votes: 20 8.8%
  • New Leaf (3DS)

Votes: 55 24.3%
  • Other/Spin-off Game

Votes: 4 1.8%

• Total voters
I tried the gamecube version first. I couldn't get past the part where you worked for Tom Nook so I stopped playing for a long while.

Years later, in March 2014, I bought New Leaf. I decided to get back into the gamecube game in October of that year. I got Wild World and City Folk soon after that.

My first game was City Folk for the wii. I remember my best friend gave it to me to try it out and see if I liked it, but I ended up really enjoying it and went on to buy New Leaf a few days after my birthday!

My first one was Wild World with my tiny pink Nintendo DS that I cherished when I was younger. I played it with my mom, so after I'd gone to sleep, she'd play it and fix whatever I messed up during that time (I had a bad habit of buying pitfalls everywhere). Didn't even know City Folk came out when I was younger, so I didn't get CF, but I got New Leaf after seeing commercials for it and being super hyped

I first played new leaf. I think I first found out about it back in 2013 and wanted the game really badly but never got it until last year for Christmas. Before that I haven't ever even heard about animal crossing and had no idea it existed.

Last edited:
I remember back in 2005-ish was when I got my gamecube, and the first game that I got with it was Animal Crossing. Played that all the time when I was younger, literally sitting on front of a small TV for hours.

The first Animal Crossing game that I played was the one on the GameCube. Good Times... ^ . ^ I don't have that many memories of that game, but I do remember that I had a good time playing it though. If only I could play it again; however, I am content with just playing Animal Crossing New Leaf instead.

animal crossing for the gamecube in 2005/2006-ish. I shared a town with my sisters (and my parents played too, occasionally haha) it was one of the first games i ever played!

Wild World! I remember those times so much :,)

Can't Remember what Year it was, but I was Young! My First Animal Crossing Game was Wild World, I still have Two Copies of Wild World in my Room somewhere, one's on my Desk! Don't know where the other went to! :)

In my case, I initially played the Gamecube one at a friend's place. I bought it not long after, and spent many hours on it. (After finally getting a memory card for it.) I tried Wild World, and City Folk, but both those games belong to my younger brother, and after my data went away, I gave up on the series. Though it IS a bit tempting to play more.

Also, Noir, I know it's late, but my condolences.

Mine was Wild World. It was the first game I got on my pink DS lite. It'll always have a special place in my heart.

New leaf was my first. Never played the ones before. I have only ever played New Leaf and Happy Home Designer. New Leaf is way better. I want to get the new app that is coming out if I have the room on my phone.

The first Animal Crossing game I played was Animal Crossing for the GameCube. I saw a friend playing it when I arrived at his house to hang out and got my own copy so we could visit each other's towns soon after that.

I never played Wild World, barely played and didn't enjoy City Folk, and greatly enjoy New Leaf. There are some things from the GameCube game that I miss and as such it still has a unique charm to it.

wild world was the first game i played. my sister had a copy first and then i got one, but i was like 6 so i can barely remember it. i still have my town though! sometimes i play it just because it's so nostalgic, but it's so choppy and the controls are so different from new leaf that i don't spend much time on it.

Animal Crossing on the GameCube was my very first one (I got it when it first came out), before I lost interest in it and many years later I bought CF.

My current GC town isn't my first one.

Last edited:
I started with the og animal crossing and played it on the GameCube for quite a long time, and bought everything after it. I have every game on every console (except the Wii U bc I'm poor), but my heart is especially heavy for my childhood on the original. (not to mention Pierce has literally been in every single town I've had, unintentionally)

City folk was my first game and I liked it but the controls were hard for me and my nephew loved playing it too

Back