• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What was your first Animal Crossing game?

What was the first AC game you played?

• Animal Crossing (Gamecube)

Votes: 60 26.5%
  • Wild World (DS)

Votes: 87 38.5%
  • City Folk (Wii)

Votes: 20 8.8%
  • New Leaf (3DS)

Votes: 55 24.3%
  • Other/Spin-off Game

Votes: 4 1.8%

• Total voters

Nightstar

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
May Birthstone (Emerald)
Ruby
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Green Candy
This has probably been done before, but I was wondering: What was the first Animal Crossing game you PLAYED. Not owned, just played.

For me I played the Gamecube version and Wild World at friends' houses before I ever owned one. New Leaf was the first I owned.

Wild World was the first one I actually ever owned.
I actually still have it, the nostalgia is real.
Except for the fact that there's weeds everywhere -.-

Last edited:
^ (Sorry, accidently pressed the post reply twice, SPAM!)

Wild World, it brings me soooo much nostalgia just thinking about it, me and my sister always played together. :,)

Wild world was the first one I played. I tried playing the Game Cube version, and have been meaning to re-visit it... However, I had to rush up to my boyfriend's side when his dad was dying, and I ended up moving there. So, a good chunk of my things are back in my mom's house. I just... It's going to be hard going back there at the moment, haha.

Wild World was my first game, I got it in 2010. I still play it today ; the nostalgia will always draw me back.

I would say the GameCube version but I had no idea what to do or what was going on. Thank goodness it was just a rental! But it kept me away from AC for awhile...

Until I decided to try New Leaf, which I now love! <3

I remember going over to my friends house and watching her play the Gamecube one for hours after school. This was when I was in 6th grade at the time. Eventually she would let me play and I had no idea what was going on, but I really liked the 5 PM song and we giggled about how it sounds like elevator music. That was about the same time that Super Mario Sunshine had come out as well. Ahh, the nostalgia.

I first played WW. I don't think I knew anything about the game really. I might have bought it together with my sister. I loved it though! I still have the cartridge :)

The first AC game I played was Wild World. I didn't know anything about Animal Crossing back at that
time and I was really fascinated when I saw a television advertising for the game, because it look like
a lot of fun. So I bought later the game and yeah...That's how I became a fan of Animal Crossing.

I first played Animal Crossing New Leaf. I have never touched or played any other AC game before.

Animal Crossing: Population Growing/GC. First played it in fifth grade, and played it often. I played super mario sunshine a lot, too- I'm getting a lot of nostalgia rn lol

The first Animal Crossing game I every played was the original game at a friend's house. We just ran around town with her friend's character, but I was immediately enthralled and bought my own copy soon after. I've played every game since! Except Amiibo Festival.

I played wild world and was obsessed with it! I didn't own another AC game until ACNL but I did play the Wii one because my brother owned it very briefly.

I got a copy of Wild World from one of those boxes of like 20 games they sell for dirt cheap in Turkey. Those really shifty ones because not all of them are genuine or good. But the Wild World was totally real and I fell in love with the series from there.

Back