• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What Makes You Depressed?

primandimproper

Transgender Trainwreck
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
0008-9983-6893
May Birthstone (Emerald)
Tasty Cake
Isabelle
I'm curious to see what makes you guys depressed.

Personally, I suffer major depressive disorder (and other things), but today is a special occasion. I received the paperwork in the mail to find out if I'm eligible for a Poor Person's divorce, which is basically a divorce with all the filing fees waived. Then I realized that today is my fourth wedding anniversary. Cue anxiety attack/total break down at my kitchen table.

So what about you guys? Why are you depressed?

My clinical depression. Certain things in particular; guilt, messing up badly, hurting the people I love (the biggie).

Unable to bring things up when I want too...I have a super poor memory!:(

The news and movies and tv about tough topics. Therefore, I try to avoid those things as most as possible.

Last edited:
Thinking about the future, past or school makes me depressed.

Last edited:
Knowing that he's leaving soon.
Knowing my mum is alone.
Knowing that I'm clueless about the future.
And all the while knowing that the even bigger picture is spiraling out of control.

Before, I used to be very down about life and felt I wasn't getting anywhere but not to the extent of killing myself. I don't want to die, not yet at least. My anxiety was keeping me down too, as it got worse, I felt depressed more especially as I didn't know what was wrong with me. The medication I'm on has really helped me, recently I've been more cheerful and it's made me bond more with my mum. I used to be so moody all the time and I would take it out on the loved ones around me.

When I remember that Glee will probably never release Tina's full version of Revolution

Realizing im not dead yet and ****ing around for another day before i get to sleep again

Life? I don't know, a lot of things trigger it, being lonely, not really having any friends besides my boyfriend, wishing I was in a better place physically, and financially, and mentally. Just a lot of things, been a funk lately but I don't know what about, probably a combo of all of that and stress, just makes me want to be a sad potato and melt into my bed...

Incompetent people at customs and social insurance. And today's society where you need to be a millionaire with contacts to be "in" no thanks let's go back to 1967

Thinking about my past makes me depressed I guess, and reflecting on those who have come and gone from my life. As well thinking about better times in my life. However, thinking about how far i've come since, also makes me sad but nostalgic and hopeful. I guess anything can easily make me feel depressed but most of the time it's lost friendships and no closure, as well as old memories with temporary people.

Yeah my past is one big cringe it should vanish.

Also my parents do, especially my dad. i guess my mom is alright tho ?o

Back