• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you like school?

Do you like school?

• Total voters
When I was younger I hated school but the older I got the more I realised that it was important.
I actually liked some classes (like, art, English, ect) and I hated others (mainly math).

I hated school because of bullying, but looking back being an older kid and a young teen is the most carefree thing in the world and I miss being free at 1 pm and just enjoying one half of my day, especially when I learned how to do as little homework as possible without getting caught (they don't collect homework here, we spend half of a class comparing our notes and that's it).

Now that I'm out of high school learning and living is definitely a lot more easier, but now I get home by 6 pm so the day isn't really mine anymore.

I really only love 1/4 of my courses. I'm just trying to tough it out until next semester :(

School is the sole reason I feel as **** as I do... I thought college would be better than the ****hole that is senior school, and maybe I'm right but ;;

Last edited:
I graduated in 2012 and went to the local community college and having a learning disability with nobody to help me I grew to really hate college too as much as I'd hated public school. Waste of my time.

I hated my high school experience. I mostly enjoyed college though: being in a new city, learning something I actually cared about and being around people that were interested in the same things as I was. I made the connections I needed for my career.

a couple years ago I used to be full-on tHe EdUcAtIoN sYsTeM iS CoRrUpt oHoHO and like... ofc the system needs a lot (and when i say a lot i mean a lot) of improvement, but you have to give it credit for improving a lot over the past couple decades too? I enjoy some parts of school, but it can get really tedious at times.

to be honest, i think i like it a bit for the first time in forever. probably since i'm actually out to my friends there and they accept me and refer to me by the right name and pronouns and a few teachers call me by my preferred name as well
math stresses me out though x_x

Last edited:
I only like it for being with my friend(s). I like the free periods where I just watch YouTube or play 3DS. Classes suck, though. They're so B O R I N G.

I love to learn, but that doesn't necessarily mean I love school.

This is how I feel.

I don't learn anything useful, and I will never remember all the trash that we actually learn. And at my school even though I'm in 8th grade, they make us walk in lines on the right side of the hallway, and if we haven't did a good job of that they'll make us pratice, and for some reason they say they want use to learn a lot more than last year but I don't think they understand how time works.

I learn so much more at home than I could ever possibly learn at school.

Back