• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you like school?

Do you like school?

• Total voters
I like the concept of school, but the way the education system is pretty bad, more memory than anything else. Tons of homework too! So no, I'm not really a fan.

Last edited:
No not really.
I don't hate it with a passion but I don't like it. Me and my friends are just friends for the sake of being friends and having friends. Yeah we might get along and have some good times together but do we really know eachother? No.
Classes are boring and I'm constantly anxious because I don't want to be sitting so close to another random kid that I've never even talked to and getting called to answer a question that I didn't know the answer. If I don't know the answer, then I won't put my hand up. I know they think that I am "bright student" but I don't think they understand how much it eats away at my confidence and self-esteem when they put all the attention on me.

I like the concept of school, but the way the education system is pretty bad, more memory than anything else. Tons of homework too! So no, I'm not really a fan.

I don't know who designed the education system but whoever they are, they're an idiot.

I definitely love being in college because I love to learn, but I'm terrible with socialization and I don't like to party so the social aspect of it is a big no for me.

Social aspect and science were my fav parts. I had to like it doing 16 years of it lol

Nah no I would likely describe it as hell on earth if I had to choose anything. The social aspect wasn't bad and I liked making friends, but I found being structured to be awful. I hated having a strict schedule and even college did not fix that. My major was super strict and rigorous so I still ended up having classes everyday anyways. Not to mention you have to waste time outside of school with homework. Tests are all mostly memorization or tricky questions. I found that if I had an interest in anything, school would beat it to death lmao I hate school.

i like my club and the fun events we'll have at my school every so often, but other than that, not really.

University/equivalent yes because you pretty choose what to study and mostly get mature enough classmates to actually take care of group works things and they are mostly cool too :p

Below that, no thanks.

Only four schools I've been to are hell on earth. My area's primary school (I got assaulted by the principal), and their intermediate and up (Everyone's ego is high enough and their IQ is low enough to commit suicide, even the teachers fall under this category. And yes… everyone there is an arsehat.).
The two people who actually know how to make a competent school, their schools I loved, and have been at there for years.

I definitely love being in college because I love to learn, but I'm terrible with socialization and I don't like to party so the social aspect of it is a big no for me.

Same. I commute to school so I have an excuse to not socialize/attend events that I'm not interested in. My friends are as introverted as I am so it works out, haha. I do try to socialize with professors though because it makes classes more enjoyable and they'll be able to help me out more when I need advice/letters of recommendation/etc.

I'm in my last semester so I'm only taking 3 classes and they aren't very in-depth. The bright side is having more time to read for fun, which led me to borrow books from my philosophy professor. I went to his office and basically said, "Please lend me books I need mental stimulation."

I plan on taking a year off before grad school and I already miss it.

College was never enjoyable to me because I worked full-time at the same time. College was just eating my limited free time, especially when I had to do outside-of-class group projects.

High school and below though were obviously worse. It felt like they taught to the lowest common denominator, so I was always bored. Also, bullies tended to get away with bullying and teachers never did anything.

I honestly am just ok with it but if it's really not a requirement to have a decent job in the near future then I already rage quit on it cuz ahhhh I'm not a studious person, I'm the king of the cram, whether it be quizzes or exams, I'm just too lazy of a person to actually enjoy school xD

I like my program a lot but it's very lonely because I have no friends and also talking to profs makes me nervous. So overall it's alright, I'm so lucky to get to study what I love though

University/equivalent yes because you pretty choose what to study and mostly get mature enough classmates to actually take care of group works things and they are mostly cool too :p

Below that, no thanks.

^^ Same thoughts! In my lower year levels, I only went to school for the sake of graduating so I could apply for a degree, but when I got to Uni (and the majors I wanted), everything was more enjoyable, albeit stressful.
I'm not so keen with the general electives I have to take in Uni (communications, philosophy, history, etc...) especially since the professors I get are pretty bad, but my majors give me motivation to finish my bachelor's degree.

I hated it so much.
Especially that I was the shy girl that everyone would make fun of.
Glad I have some acting skills and was able to often skip school..
at least once every 2 weeks I was "sick" :)

i have a small group of my closest friends at school and a few other friends who i'm not quite as close to. i think my problem was being too shy and reserved but in the last year i've come out of my shell and befriended and talked to the people i sit around in almost all of my classes. i still get a bit intimidated by the people i don't talk to and am not friends with, which are the '''popular''' ones, but then i remember how most of them are absolute idiots and that eases any intimidation.
i get pretty good grades and enjoy the majority of my classes, so for the most part, school is fine. but there are some days where i feel socially drained or hate a certain class and the day drags and i just can't stand school.

I honestly am just ok with it but if it's really not a requirement to have a decent job in the near future then I already rage quit on it cuz ahhhh I'm not a studious person, I'm the king of the cram, whether it be quizzes or exams, I'm just too lazy of a person to actually enjoy school xD

I'm not sure where you're from, but there are technical schools that have programs for more hands-on learning. My brother is currently enrolled in one so that he can be an auto repair technician. He can be outside a normal classroom and gain the ability land a decent job much more easily in the future.

Last edited:
adore school, i'm very academically minded so it's super easy- essentially a free 6 hours to chat with friends :)

Back