• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What Prevents You From Cleaning Your Room?

Depression gets me all the time. It stops me from having motivation to even move most days.

When I'm in my feelings too much, or when it's too hot lol

Last edited:
Lack of storage space mostly. And a reluctance to throw away old stuff (it's the memories attached to them, y'know?)

usually depression, but right now my rooms filled with containers and boxes since im moving but i can't pack everything up yet so im basically in a tower of boxes

depression, mostly. i need a good motivator to really get into gears, whether it's a kick-ass song about cleaning or having friends over or something like that

Laziness, distractions, and just lack of motivation to do it in general

Usually, it's because of other distractions or just because I don't want to do it. I do love the feeling of a clean room, and the happiness you feel afterward, but it's not rewarding enough to make me want to clean my room. My room isn't the biggest room so it usually looks like a huge mess when it really isn't.

So I asked my sister this question. She moved out, but before, we were sharing a room. She answered, mainly referring to when we shared a room. I LOVE her answer:
"You."
Just wow Deedee! And yes. I know you hate that nickname! >:^D Payback! XD

Last edited:
Mostly laziness, but also how my room is messy but organized at the same time that I can find what I?m looking for despite the mess. I only get motivated to clean when I can?t find what I?m looking for.

"I'll just clean it tomorrow"
Or the "its not THAT messy, it can wait"

Just don't feel like it, it often feels like "too much"

My room (and house for that matter) is usually pretty spotless because I’m OCD......

But those days that they ARENT, is just out of pure laziness or my anxiety is forcing me to panic and just sit in a ball under a blanket with video games with no other plans to be productive.

I am usually busy with other stuff. A lot of the time I have work scheduled randomly in the middle of the day so I can't do much in the morning and then I don't feel like doing anything when I get back home. It is kind of annoying.

I am a master of not cleaning my room but I don't actually really know why.
I've never been good at keeping a clean room, not even as a kid and it was mostly because I was a very angry kid and just refused to do anything.
these days I don't clean my room cause I'm a lazy bugger

The 6 foot high pile of laundry blocking the doorway to my room.

J/J.

I'm very tidy.

Lack of space to put stuff. I have a very small bedroom and a lot of stuff, so yeah....hard to keep it tidy but i try.

Back