• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What Prevents You From Cleaning Your Room?

nothing! I have a shiny clean room! I clean every night so it only takes a few minutes :)

I spend like... 95% of my time in my room so it's gotta be beautiful. if there's one thing I will say, I tend to neglect things like dusting since my room is only dimly lit, so mainly I can't see the dust.

To be honest nothing except myself, prevents me from cleaning my room. My room isn't that big to begin with, so I could easily take a few minutes out of my day to clean it. But then again, it's hardly that messy since i'm hardly ever in it. I spend most of my time in the living room. Just dusty tbh.

My room is almost always clean. No need to deal with cleaning when it's clean already! :D

I don't have my own room so eh. Me being lazy and not doing the living room since I sleep there :p

it's usually clean all the time, so there's really no reason for me to clean it in the first place.

I also get reaction to dust. >_< In my room at home, I just dont know how to let things go/get rid of things. Weve never had a yard sale before either. I think if we did then I would be able to keep it cleaner then. It's very cluttered, but not too crazy imo. my mom hates it though. But what can you expect, living in one room for 18 years? My dorm room is much more organized and cleaner, and has everything I need, without any extra shameful clutter. Makes it easier to wipe things down also!
Some other things that stop me from cleaning my room at home is knowing that i will just get it messy again.

Last edited:
Just sheer laziness or my depression has kicked in but mostly just because I'm lazy

Laziness. I am not a slob because I'm usually pretty good about keeping things organized. I just get lazy to put back my clothes in their original spot so I tend to throw them into a pile. =^=

I currently have a huge bag of clothes I'm planning on donating. I'm just lazy to go drop it off lmao

I do try to clean about once a week, though. It's only my section of my room I keep a little messy.

There's an evil octopus under my bed so I can't clean my room without it waking up.

My room is always clean. What keeps me from having it messy is my
OCD and me always wanting the want to control something.

Well I just had a big clean when I hurt my knee months ago. Just had surgery and it's still pretty good except my bedside stand lol

mostly because i'm a terribly lazy human being. sometimes i do get into like an ocd mood where i want to clean and throw away all clutter. but that's pretty rare. otherwise, i live like a mess and the "where did i leave this item????" kind of life.

Emmmm, a lot of stuffs are waiting for me to do, like saving the planet. ⁄(⁄⁄?⁄ω⁄?⁄⁄)⁄

the fact that my mum keeps putting her stuff in my room bc it's too much effort to carry it out to the garage, very annoying lmao

Back