• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What Prevents You From Cleaning Your Room?

Keldi

-------------------------
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
Isabelle
ど
Yellow Candy
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Pear (Fruit)
I don't have many issues cleaning up (mostly because I keep my room tidy :3) but if I have to, my asthma acts up from all the dust and I need to take a 15-20 minute break from cleaning.
So what prevents you from cleaning up your room?

Last edited:
Sadly, usually other cleaning in my house. I prefer cleaning the living room in case guests come over.
Most of the time my room is pretty clean, I just have to dust more and vacuum

It's laziness and its soooo boring... I HATE IT... And technology is distracting me.

Depression. I guess that's why the only time I've really ever been motivated to tidy was when my partner was visiting.

To the people saying depression: I don't understand how that works. I had depression, and know it can take out energy, but it still confuses me :(

I actually love to clean.
But if anything were to stop me, it would be the fact that it's hot.
Florida sun loves to make my room hot </3

- - - Post Merge - - -

To the people saying depression: I don't understand how that works. I had depression, and know it can take out energy, but it still confuses me :(

Depression can take someone down from the inside out.
When our mental stability is being tried, it's hard to focus on much else.

I've never had trouble with keeping my room clean, at least as far as dusting and hoovering goes. Where I do tend to procrastinate is with decluttering all of my stuff. It takes ages for me to motivate myself to put things on shelves, in cabinets and stuff like that. I'd say pure laziness would be the main reason for all that though.

Also to add to what honeyaura said, your depression may be different to someone else's. You might not have experienced the draining feeling until the point where you cannot do things such as clean your room, but many other people may experience that. But yeah, usually it's because of the lack of motivation you feel during that state.

For me, it's usually because I'm feeling lazy or feel I don't have enough time. I actually like to clean though, so when I do I like to have a large amount of time free so I can do a good job of it. Or otherwise it's because of allergies, spring time makes it a nightmare since there's more pollen around which causes hayfever.

Prevents me? Uh. I keep my clean room all the time. It's funny because I thought having maybe a book or two on the ground was messy but I remember seeing another online person's room; pretty horrifying.

Finding things. If I find something interesting I'll get distracted and it usually happens like 50 times each time I clean my room.

Back