• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What Prevents You From Cleaning Your Room?

uhh im lazy (short answer)
i have depression and executive dysfunction and also my allergies always act up real bad at home (long answer)

i actually enjoy tidying up, if only i actually had my own room

Depression?

also i?m v afraid to see what?s hiding in my heaps of mess lmao

Why clean your room when nobody else is going to see it anyways and you know where everything is? :lemon:

Wish I knew, I really want to tidy right now, I really need to too, but I'm not doing it. Just been sitting here for days instead.

Laziness. I made it a point to clean my room before school starts up again and it just dawned on me that school starts next Wednesday.

Right now? My belly. If I sit or bend over too much my back really starts hurting. Luckily I have a son who is VERY helpful! ;) That and I get too distracted by the things I have XD

Right now the thing keeping me from cleaning my room is... my leg. It's hard to pick up and organize stuff when you have to hobble around on crutches and have very little use of one of your legs.

It's actually starting to drive me crazy. I started cleaning my room before I went to my grandmas house for Christmas, and I happened to come back with a broken knee so I couldn't finish cleaning my room :(

Cleaning is not for me. It's exhausting and takes a lot of time.

Last edited:
Executive Dysfunction.

Gotta keep it clean or else it gets out of control and I don't even know where to start. Or I get so stuck in cleaning mode that I clean the whole house and it's suddenly night time and I've forgotten to do 10 other things that needed to be done. It's all or nothing...

Last edited:
the fact that my mum does it before I even get a chance?? gotta love that woman

but in all seriousness organizing my stuff is actually one of the things I never procrastinate on. i find it somewhat therapeutic

I'm lazy and sad and lack all the motivation. I really should clean again soon since I've started coughing an awful lot again and I feel like it's because of dust getting everywhere.

If it was anything it would probably be laziness, but I normally keep my room tidy because is even a single thing is out of place I get extremely bothered by it. The only thing I sometimes need to clean is my closet because I have a bad habit of sometimes shoving stuff in there.

Back