• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How do you get your playcoins?

Keldi

-------------------------
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
Isabelle
ど
Yellow Candy
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Pear (Fruit)
Since Animal Crossing New Leaf uses playcoins to buy Nintendo items or use Desert Island Escape(unless you have amiibos), how do you guys get your playcoins?
I dance everyday at 7pm-8pm and usually have my 3ds in my clip on pouch to get playcoins.
Now how many of you are the ones who shake up your 3ds?

Usually I shake it, but when I walk I do that too. Also, I don't reccomend shaking it too hard, thank goodness I had a warranty on my old old 3ds.

i havent collected any in a long time but i still have over a hundred from when i took it with me while walking like every day more than a year ago

i take my 3ds with me whenever i go places, so i have the maxed number of play coins at 300, even though i try to use them as much as possible (so my precious steps won't go to waste!! hehe)

Whoa, how do you dance with your 3ds? :O I just have it with me sometimes when I walk my dog. It's usually a 40+ minute walk so I always max out.

I would run around my house in circles usually while just shaking the 3ds up and down lol
Got the job done, like 5 ish minutes of running and I would have all 10 play coins B)

I would run around my house in circles usually while just shaking the 3ds up and down lol
Got the job done, like 5 ish minutes of running and I would have all 10 play coins B)

10/10 best way to get playcoins. I did that when I first got my 2ds. :p

I instantly regret shaking my 3DS. Everything is fine, but my left and right buttons are broken. CURSE THOSE DRIFTS! (Mario Kart 7 online is so broken anyways ;-;)
I just walk around to get playcoins. I somehow have 300 RN, idk what to do with them.

Last edited:
Whoa, how do you dance with your 3ds? :O I just have it with me sometimes when I walk my dog. It's usually a 40+ minute walk so I always max out.

I have a clip-on pouch that I attach to my dance outfit to keep it in place. I rack up an easy 10 playcoins a day.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'd do that, but I get dizzy waaaay too easily lol (funny when you realize most of my dance routines involve lots of constant spinning)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I instantly regret shaking my 3DS. Everything is fine, but my left and right buttons are broken. CURSE THOSE DRIFTS! (Mario Kart 7 online is so broken anyways ;-;)
I just walk around to get playcoins. I somehow have 300 RN, idk what to do with them.

Aw, that sucks. Especially for MarioKart. You need those drifts really bad sometimes.

Last edited:
I Homebrew hack for them bc I'm lazy and getting coins is annoying btw to spend it just binge streetpass plazza

I usually just use the traditional shaking method when I really need them

I've had 300 without spending any for over a year, but I just walk around enough with it that I could easily get my daily 10 coins if I did start spending them on something. Newer games seem to forget that they exist :[ Miitopia could've easily had some kind of play coin to game ticket exchange. For FE Echoes, maybe you could use them to forge unique weapons that you could only get from forging with play coins? idk but they're useless now.

I just pick them up while my 3ds is in streetpass mode, I don't seem to need them much anyway.

I just put my 2DS in my bag whenever I go out shopping. I pick up my streetpass at Game and rack up some coins too.

shake it since i'm lazy and it's not like i could walk much anyway with this damn hurricane over here

Shaking it up and down instead of walking like some kind f savage

Back