• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Have you ever had a single species town? Would you ever?

I once almost had an all cat town. Right now, cats are very common in town as there's 6 of them. There's 2 wolves, one dog and one squirrel though. I would love to have a town with a variety of animal species, but most of my favourite villagers are cats. lol

I currently have an all wolf town. All 10 via Amiibo cards. All the rest of my villages are mixed.

Oh how neat! I was just thinking an all wolf town would be pretty cool. Hmmm..I'd like to try an all deer town sometime & make it like a winter wonderland.

@hoodathotit - Yeah, maybe I'll just by the rest of the amiibos if they're not too pricey. Sylvana might be expensive because I think she's WA.

@Nunnafinga - omg your duckies are adorable! I love that. Ok, I think I really want to do squirrels.

How many towns do you both have? If you don't mind me asking. :)

I have 13 towns right now. Several months ago, it was 18. I keep paring the list down periodically since those remaining don't get the attention they deserve.

I really like the idea of them, and I think they're fun to visit. But I know I'd get way too bored having one myself. I like having a wide variety of villagers, so more than 2 of a single species in my town is just too many for me.

@MsFeist - A winter wonderland with all deer sounds amazing, omg

Hoodathotit - omg wow 13. Do you have favorites? How many do you actively play. :p I'll buy some of your copies lmao

No because I like too many different villagers species and certain species have too few villagers I really like.

I have never done it before. I think it sounds like a nice idea, but I think for me it's too restrictive and also I think it'd be a lot of work securing a subset of just a few villagers.

@MsFeist - A winter wonderland with all deer sounds amazing, omg

Hoodathotit - omg wow 13. Do you have favorites? How many do you actively play. :p I'll buy some of your copies lmao

All are active although six are getting the most attention these days. What do you mean by "copies"?

All are active although six are getting the most attention these days. What do you mean by "copies"?

I figured you had a bunch of physical copies of the game. haha Like different game cartridges, but I was kidding. ohh, that's really cool. Do you have a favorite town?

I figured you had a bunch of physical copies of the game. haha Like different game cartridges, but I was kidding. ohh, that's really cool. Do you have a favorite town?

My favorite is, naturally, my first town (Weeds) but, since it is so full and long established, I play it mainly to prevent the loss of my old varmints. The interesting ones, for me, are the most recent and incomplete. Your post made me wonder just how many copies (cartridges) I actually possess and I had to stop and do a count...5 non-updated towns are active (I prefer the originals) and 8 with the update, also active. There are 3 more updated cartridges on a shelf that have been wiped and are awaiting whatever scheme I may come up with. That's how the all-Wolf town came about. I've purchased several more but I've given several away.

My favorite is, naturally, my first town (Weeds) but, since it is so full and long established, I play it mainly to prevent the loss of my old varmints. The interesting ones, for me, are the most recent and incomplete. Your post made me wonder just how many copies (cartridges) I actually possess and I had to stop and do a count...5 non-updated towns are active (I prefer the originals) and 8 with the update, also active. There are 3 more updated cartridges on a shelf that have been wiped and are awaiting whatever scheme I may come up with. That's how the all-Wolf town came about. I've purchased several more but I've given several away.

Ahh, that's really cool! A used copy of New Leaf is pretty inexpensive, so that's why I'm thinking why not, I can do a squirrel town too. I'd also like to do a town with maybe 8 hamsters and two mice. I don't know though. Start with squirrels. lol How long have you been playing Animal Crossing? I've only been playing since December, New Leaf is my first game. I never played any of the other ones. I didn't know what it was until my boyfriend suggested I get it when I got a 3ds for Christmas, which is funny because he's never played it either he only read about it and thought I'd enjoy it.

Ahh, that's really cool! A used copy of New Leaf is pretty inexpensive, so that's why I'm thinking why not, I can do a squirrel town too. I'd also like to do a town with maybe 8 hamsters and two mice. I don't know though. Start with squirrels. lol How long have you been playing Animal Crossing? I've only been playing since December, New Leaf is my first game. I never played any of the other ones. I didn't know what it was until my boyfriend suggested I get it when I got a 3ds for Christmas, which is funny because he's never played it either he only read about it and thought I'd enjoy it.

My tree tells me that my mayor started Weeds 30 January 2016. Your BF sounds like a keeper.:lemon:

pXAwCbU.jpg
Might as well post a pic from my third single species town.Pigs...not everyone's favorite species but I like 'em.

Its tempting sometimes (p.s i love Peanut xD) :eek: I can see me trying possibly in the future but right now in my current town, i am happy and consider it perfect :3

I'd love to do a frog town because I love frogs, but they seem really popular to do? I dunno how I'd make mine stand out.

I don't think there's another species I feel strongly enough about to do a themed town for.

I really want to do an all deer town but like... I LOVE molly, marshall, and lionel :((

Back