DY14N

A Punchy Enthusiast
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
7390-9442-1665
Lobo
So, I know villagers request certain things for Toy Day. If I give them what they want, will they display it in their houses? I like my villagers to be as original as possible and so I'm not too sure I wanna do this. Unless it doesn't actually get placed in their house, in which case I'll happily do it!

Yeah, I think they do. In my old town Punchy wanted purple violets for Christmas and after he got them he displayed them on the table in his house.

They'll certainly do unless they want a flooring/carpet or fruit as a gift. I didn't do Toy Day in my second town as I don't want them to change their interiors.

Last edited:
They display furniture and clothing you give them. Cookie's house, which was all cute with patchwork themed furniture, was ruined.

Yeah, I think they do. In my old town Punchy wanted purple violets for Christmas and after he got them he displayed them on the table in his house.

That doesn't sound so bad though. I get annoyed when they display clothes in their house. Your house isn't a clothes store...

I thought they only displayed stuff you gave them but Lopez now has a totem pole in his house that's blocking half the furniture and I have no idea where it came from. I keep hoping he'll rid of it but so far nothing I've given him had replaced it :/

My vilagers displayed them, but some just put them in retail soon after they got them, and Molly gave me her orange shortly after toy day too. It was gently used, but still tasted ok. Lol.

It makes me a little sad to think of people skipping major gameplay events to keep their villagers' homes immaculate. It's probably more fun that way for some people, but it's hard for me to imagine enjoying the game if I had to minimize villager interactions as much as possible. I really like that they display what they receive; makes it feel like a real holiday, like they actually wanted what I gave them.

Yeah but sometimes they display everything you give them...and my one jock villager just won't ever get rid of this hideous fossil I gifted him lol.

I remember someone asked for an umbrella..they displayed it then replaced it after a while.

It really is mind over matter in a sense of if you want to be sentimental or not.

Just seeing them being so happy to get the right gift is actually an amazing experience especially if you care for them a lot.

But coming from a perfectionist i always try to replace the items in their home. Kinda out of off topic but Stitches has a moldy shirt on display in his home and i don't even know where it came from..

I'm going to get rid of it. No no no no n noo n o just NOPE.

Back