I didn't realize they could plot there...

An acre is a 16x16 Square of land. There are 20 Acres in every town, and they actually have hidden boundaries.You can figure these boundaries out:

If your layout has an eastern beach, start at the northwestern-most corner square and place a pattern there.
(For a western beach, start at the northeastern-most corner.) Then place patterns along the edges as a way to count to a 16x16 square, and this is the first acre's boundary. Use this as a guide to find the other acre boundaries beside it, using your path patterns.

Thanks!

An acre is a 16x16 Square of land. There are 20 Acres in every town, and they actually have hidden boundaries.You can figure these boundaries out:

If your layout has an eastern beach, start at the northwestern-most corner square and place a pattern there.
(For a western beach, start at the northeastern-most corner.) Then place patterns along the edges as a way to count to a 16x16 square, and this is the first acre's boundary. Use this as a guide to find the other acre boundaries beside it, using your path patterns.

This is pretty much what I do, except I dig holes more than placing patterns. And I also dig holes around buildings, ponds, etc because I like to make gridded maps of my towns for planning purposes. So like, I'll take one of these http://i.imgur.com/OkK552f.png
Open it in paint and start filling things in as I go along. It usually ends up looking something like this, lorhavensecondcoppyy.jpg

It tends to be accurate enough for me, though in this particular map a lot of those houses weren't actually there. That was just me planning things out lol. Making little maps like this can be tedious and time consuming, though, so just placing patterns to outline borders is probably way easier if you just want to figure out house plotting

I usually make up a story to why they chose there. For example, Marshall is right next to the cliff, he loves watching the sunset reflect on the ocean. (Despite not being a huge fan of Marshall, it still gives me a reason to like where his house is). Or Merengue, she lives near Town Hall because she likes to surprise Isabelle with cake every now and then to congratulate her on her hard work.
Maybe Soliel just wanted to see other people going on the same journey of leaving one home to a new one. <3

I usually make up a story to why they chose there. For example, Marshall is right next to the cliff, he loves watching the sunset reflect on the ocean. (Despite not being a huge fan of Marshall, it still gives me a reason to like where his house is). Or Merengue, she lives near Town Hall because she likes to surprise Isabelle with cake every now and then to congratulate her on her hard work.
Maybe Soliel just wanted to see other people going on the same journey of leaving one home to a new one. <3

That is so cute...

To add on to last post:
Even with the animals people hate the look of. Let's say, Marcel. He lives near the river to pick out any trash to keep the fish happy.
Or Cashmere, they live near Re-Tail to replace the light whenever it goes out to save Reese and Cyrus a few minutes.
Just take any villager and instantly you understand why their house is there and why they're in your town~

Back