• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

I didn't realize they could plot there...

Ably.Saucey

Count your Many Blessings
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
5195-6588-2889
Orange Balloon
Father's Day Carnation
Spring Sakura
Blue Hybrid Violet
Purple Violet
Red Pansy
White Violet
Famous Mushroom
Spring Shamrock
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
So yesterday, a very kind player let me have Soliel, I was so excited. I think she's so cute.
I made a second file and placed qrs everywhere except for 3 spots to where she could plot.
Confidant in my qrs, I went to bed and didn't bother plot resetting. (In hindsight, I doubt it would have changed the outcome)
So I opened up town this morning and Soliel has plotted right in front of the train station.
I thought they need to be a few spaces away (at least 2) from the paved areas.
It didn't even occur to me that they could plot there, I had qrs in front the train station but I guess that there was just enough space between those and my bushes for her to plot there.
I'm not mad, it's just kinda... well, dang.
"I was looking forward to having you and you go and make a nuisance of your self, why, Soliel?!"
And I really don't want to cycle to get her back in a different spot, because: A. I don't have her card and B. the other way will take forever.
Maybe I'll look for her card? She doesn't seem too popular, so she shouldn't be expensive.
Eh, I don't know.

Are there any other strange spots they can plot that I should be aware of?

update: found her card for a buck, but they want $2 to ship. seriously? I'll give you 33 cents for a stamp. so I thought they would go down on shipping if you buy more cards. nope, it's 50 cents more per card to ship.
Some people.

Last edited:
They can plot right in front of your house, or town hall or Retail. Like, RIGHT in front, just a few spaces away .-.

They can plot right in front of your house, or town hall or Retail. Like, RIGHT in front, just a few spaces away .-.

Really? That really stinks. they shouldn't be allowed to plot where I can't put pwps.

Really? That really stinks. they shouldn't be allowed to plot where I can't put pwps.

Haha I know seriously. So true though! I'm sorry she plotted there. Villagers have their own set of rules when it comes to plotting their houses. Maybe they bribe Isabelle or something idk.

Oh my god the same thing happened to me, except it was Vesta, and she moved in directly in front of town hall. I wasn't even mad though i was just happy she moved to my town, she's one of my dreamies and i had her in my very first town on gamecube :p
Now i just pretend she's friends with Isabelle and it makes her house placement much cuter :>

The QR patterns don't work..Bunnie and Merengue (and very slightly Julian) are pretty much my proof for this in my town, they destroyed my path which i got off the interwebs, so i'm not sure why people go for this method or tell people to cause it does not work. PWPs however do lol. I plotted a water pump in memory of Frita so i can get her back after the 17 cycle (and i did) or whatever and NO ONE went in her space.

On the other note i didnt know they could set on concrete either...that's a new one. I have seen others that have been right outside the train station i'm sure or maybe right outside town hall but that was before the update to Amiibo so maybe it's a glitch?

I am a perfectionist it would bother me to hell but i'mma try to be a little encouraging and tell you to try and incorporate her house into something beautiful :D (not working? poop)

I wish you all the best!

(if you do however want to do the 17 cycle KEEP LETTERS IN POST OFFICE it is ssoooo much easier counting 17 people leaving)

- - - Post Merge - - -

they can plot one space away from the river if there is no bridge nearby.

This reminds me of when Dianne plotted herself in front of the bridge in my friend's town. There was literally only one (maybe two) space between...good times, GOooood times.

Yes. I had one plot right in front of my billboard and one plotted right in front of my beach ramp. Very annoying.

Haha I know seriously. So true though! I'm sorry she plotted there. Villagers have their own set of rules when it comes to plotting their houses. Maybe they bribe Isabelle or something idk.

I can imagine they whine and beg isabelle, the kind-hearted secretary to let them plot in front of the train station lol

fde6a766-409b-4090-a3a2-2cf434146fc5.jpg

Best spot ever!...NOT!

Luckily I was plot resetting at the time.
But I did have Villagers that sat in front of my house and Town Hall..

Last edited:
I purposely plotted my villagers in front of mine hehe

I wonder how close they can get to the plaza? You can't seem to put PWPs anywhere NEAR it.

The QR patterns don't work..Bunnie and Merengue (and very slightly Julian) are pretty much my proof for this in my town, they destroyed my path which i got off the interwebs, so i'm not sure why people go for this method or tell people to cause it does not work. PWPs however do lol. I plotted a water pump in memory of Frita so i can get her back after the 17 cycle (and i did) or whatever and NO ONE went in her space.

On the other note i didnt know they could set on concrete either...that's a new one. I have seen others that have been right outside the train station i'm sure or maybe right outside town hall but that was before the update to Amiibo so maybe it's a glitch?

I am a perfectionist it would bother me to hell but i'mma try to be a little encouraging and tell you to try and incorporate her house into something beautiful :D (not working? poop)

I wish you all the best!

(if you do however want to do the 17 cycle KEEP LETTERS IN POST OFFICE it is ssoooo much easier counting 17 people leaving)

- - - Post Merge - - -

This reminds me of when Dianne plotted herself in front of the bridge in my friend's town. There was literally only one (maybe two) space between...good times, GOooood times.

I've never had anyone plot on qrs before, and I use them in my cycling towns. How odd.
She's not on concrete, she's on the edge. mocking me. sitting right where my bushes were.
That's a great idea! The only problem is that I'm still seeing the first villager to leave in main street still, so I'm not sure if I want to both

- - - Post Merge - - -

(what happened there?) bother.

Geez that's terrible Sally...why do they give the animal villagers so much priority? It's not right lol. Then they're like nope mayor, you can't place your pwps that'll only boost our town's moral anywhere you want! How about here in this silly out of the way place!

I have a ton of villagers who decided to plop near town hall...and literally the rest of the town is next to my house. WHY!?

I've never had anyone plot on qrs before, and I use them in my cycling towns. How odd.
She's not on concrete, she's on the edge. mocking me. sitting right where my bushes were.
That's a great idea! The only problem is that I'm still seeing the first villager to leave in main street still, so I'm not sure if I want to both

- - - Post Merge - - -

(what happened there?) bother.

Well i mean she gave Diana the mermaid set so i guess she wasn't that super mad at her.

Not only from my own experience but i have heard of times from my friends and other people where villagers have ruined their paths and they were qr codes etc. Maybe its the fact we got them online and didn't make them ourselves? I have no idea.

Colton.jpg

I forgot about Colton. *Smiles innocently*

Well one villager just plopped their house right in front of town hall :/ gonna have to move her out now

I wish you all the best!

- - - Post Merge - - -

The pattern method always works for me and has been the most successful and convenient addition to the game as far as getting villagers in decent places. That being said, they have plotted on top of my patterns occassionally, but they'll only do that if:

A. There's not enough adequate space for their house in any open areas.

B. There are too many buildings/houses within that acre. You can only have 3 buildings/houses within an acre, and before I realized this my pattern method kept messing up repeatedly. Now that I know, however, I haven't had an issue at all (unless I forget to put a pattern down in a 3x3 spot).

Last edited:
The pattern method always works for me and has been the most successful and convenient addition to the game as far as getting villagers in decent places. That being said, they have plotted on top of my patterns occassionally, but they'll only do that if:

A. There's not enough adequate space for their house in any open areas.

B. There are too many buildings/houses within that acre. You can only have 3 buildings/houses within an acre, and before I realized this my pattern method kept messing up repeatedly. Now that I know, however, I haven't had an issue at all (unless I forget to put a pattern down in a 3x3 spot).

How big is an acre, please? 50 square spots? 30?

An acre is a 16x16 Square of land. There are 20 Acres in every town, and they actually have hidden boundaries.You can figure these boundaries out:

If your layout has an eastern beach, start at the northwestern-most corner square and place a pattern there.
(For a western beach, start at the northeastern-most corner.) Then place patterns along the edges as a way to count to a 16x16 square, and this is the first acre's boundary. Use this as a guide to find the other acre boundaries beside it, using your path patterns.

Last edited:
Back