Types of ACNL players

Bilaz

Local Eurovision Fan DA-3870-3754-4899
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Matryoshka Doll
Inspired by the types of players at club Tortimer thread. :)
Can you think of any more? Which type are you?

1. The Landscaper: wants to create a perfect town, plot resets, makes paths, farms for PWPs, etc.
2. The Interior Decorater: goes out of their way to collect specific furniture pieces and puts a lot of effort in their house design. The first people who post in 'post your room' threads, haha.
3. Badge Maniac: can be found repeatedly doing pointless tasks they don't neccesarily want to do but hey, you get a badge for it! Strives for all gold.
4. The Collector: catalogues everything, has storage full of unorderables.
5. Au Naturel: Refuses to Time Travel, sometimes even to trade, takes each day as it comes and basically plays how Nintendo intended it.

Added by Mega_Cabbage:
6. The Town Reset Addict: A person who simply can't be satisfied with their town, so they reset their town over and over
7. The Copy Hoarder: Can't decide when they have enough copies of acnl. Often seen with three or more towns.
8. The Perfectionist: A person who will reset over the smallest things (dreamy moving out, house not plotted correctly, permanent pwps not wanted).

Added by Dedenne2:
9. The Irresponsible One: The one who runs over all your plants.
10. The Messy One: The one who always drops their items

Added by ~Unicorn~
11. The Friendly Player: always playing with friends in the game.
12. The Bug Catcher/Fisher/Diver- always catching bugs, fishing or diving.
13. The Hacker: loves hacking their town/showing off hacks.
14. The Gardening Maniac: always adding greenery to their town, and farming hybrids.

I'm an Interior Decorator, Badge Maniac and Gardening Maniac tbh. XD

Last edited:
For me, I'm 1, 2 and 4

I'm a bit of 5 too, except I plot reset so yeah, plot resetting isn't playing au natural but I don't time travel

Okay since you added more, I'm going to edit this

Okay so I'm 1, 2 4 a bit of 5. I used to be 6 and 8 but my current town likely broke me of that habit, 9 in my own town, 10, 12 and 14.

Last edited:
Map Reseter: No map is ever good for them. Coffee is their favorite drink and past time?

The town reset addict: A person who simply can't be satisfied with their town, so they reset their town over and over.

The perfectionist: A person who will reset over the smallest things (dreamy moving out, house not plotted correctly, permanent pwps not wanted).

The copy hoarder: Can't decide when they have enough copies of acnl. Often seen with three or more towns.

Last edited:
Ooh good ones Mega_Cabbage! I see a lot of those around. :)
TheDuke55, map resetter and town resetter is basically the same thing so I only kept one. ^^

Haha, thanks for making your own type of thread inspired by mine :).
Hmmmm...
The irresponsible one. The one who runs over all your plants.
The messy one. The one who always drops their items

I'm 1,2 and 7.
I'm constantly landscaping and changing my rooms ;)
I've 3 copies of acnl.

How about:

Friendly player- always playing with friends in the game.
Bug catcher/fisher/diver- always catching bugs, fishing or diving.
Hacker- loves hacking their town/showing off hacks.
Gardening maniac- always adding greenery to their town, and farming hybrids.

I'm 1,6, & 8. I want my town to look super cute and nice but I will reset over the tiniest things. I reset my last town because I messed up with plot resetting a few times.

I'm mostly 1, 13 and 14 right now. I would also add:

The Biggest Fan - someone who loves everything related to Animal Crossing

The Know-It-All - someone who knows everything about Animal Crossing

The Seeder - a dangerous person who seeds and bricks peoples' towns. Be weary of these people.

The Bedhead - someone who leaves their town for ages, from months to years. (got the name from the type of hair you get if you dont play for a long time)

The Judge - someone who visits towns (whether it be a dream town or normal) and reviews what the town is like.

Last edited:
I'm 1-4. Here's another type:

"No direction" players. People who just casually play have no direction for their town, and just randomly throw stuff together as they go with the flow. They don't use paths or landscape, so their town is usually the same as it was the day it started. The only flowers are the ones that randomly spawn around town, or there's a clump of hybrids/normals somewhere. They also have next to little pwps, or the ones they do have are just placed randomly. This player is most commonly found when you let Luna pick your dream town for you.

This isn't meant to be hateful. This is just a type of player I've noticed.

I know a few more

The random villager liker: People who don't care about what villagers they have

Dreamie seeker: People who DO care about what villagers they have

I am 2 as I love making my house look cute and realistic and just beautiful, but sometimes I buy too muh stuff that do not fit in my house soo :/

Ooh good ones Mega_Cabbage! I see a lot of those around. :)
TheDuke55, map resetter and town resetter is basically the same thing so I only kept one. ^^
That's what I pretty much meant. When people say map resetting, they get really nitpicky lol. The rock placement, ponds, the villagers, the fruit, even the grass pattern.

It's cool, I was just doing a light harmless jab at all the drama topics about how someone is on their fiftieth reset. Hence why they must be downing coffee like water.

Back