Types of ACNL players

i think i'm a combination of interior decorator / hacker / gardening maniac

i was going to put "perfectionist" in place of "hacker" but hacking fixes most of those problems for me lol

I'm 1 and 4

also another thing to add: The Casual Players. They don't necessarily play everyday but still like the game. They tend to have non-themed towns with virtually no paths whatsoever.

1, 2, 4 are def me.
i used to be 6 but kinda said screw it on my current run.
i wasn't 14 until now cus i used to just buy all my hybrids but then i realised hybrids are expensive af if you want an entire town covered in them so i've started my breeding even when my town hasn't been developed for more than a week or so.

I guess I'm a mix of 1, 2, 4, and 14 - I breed my hybrids from scratch.

Also, I'm kind of an Advisor/Judge in some instances, mostly in this forum.

Also a Daily Logger - I keep a Miiverse journal, numbering each day into my town!

I don't know how to describe this player in a title but is the type that doesn't care on landscaping lol just let any villager move in, have fun, and when they want to leave, leave. No dreamie attached.

- - - Post Merge - - -

If you ask me I am which type, I can say is 1~4 LOL and I want to do that is my own way! Catching bug and fish non stop!

The Forum-er
The one who spends most of the time on the forums rather than the game. [Me]

- - - Post Merge - - -

The designer
The one who plays just to make Qr codes [Clothes , paths , Hats etc]

Last edited:
1, 2, 4, a little 6, a little 14

Although I would say I'm more of a hoarder than a collector. ;)

The Town's Menace: uses pitfalls on villagers/friends, hits villagers with net/hammer/any tool, digs holes around specific villagers, writes secret messages on friend's bulletin, etc

That's me. No shame. 😌

don't worry I don't do this to strangers

I'm probably number 5.

What about the 'Only Comes on Once a Year' type player - their town is on the verge of being overrun by a cockroach Apocalypse and you don't know whether to feel sympathy for them or not.

I'd say I'm a lanscaper and an interior decorater player. Oh, and also a gardening maniac, I've plenty of hybrids and I continue hybriding even I don't need hybrids anymore. xD

Last edited:
Not sure if you have these yet but:
The time traveler: Time travels either for fun or to catch up, confuses the crud out of Isabelle
The"Time Travel is cheating!": They are 100% against time traveling.
The person who plays by the rules: Basically plays by all the rules, no time traveling, no cheating, no hacks.
Just like club tortimer, there are different types of hackers:
V.1: crazyface: Goes overboard. Houses and buildings are too neat or all in one packed area. Or they have an overgrown forest and 3 town trees (in case you couldn't tell, I hate more than one town tree)
V.2: The jaw-dropper: Has a beautiful town and you're sure it's hacked but still amazed
V.3: The "I'm not sure": Their town is awesome, but you don't know if they hacked, traded a lot, or did this themselves

I'm 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 14 and a little bit of 2.
1 because my town needs to be perfect I'm always trying to make my town look nice.
3 because I like to have lots of badges, I'm not trying to get badges now though, I don't care about them as much as I used to and my main goal is landscaping to get a perfect town.
4 because my storage is always filled with unorderables, in my first town I was a hoarder, the ground was full of furniture and clothes.
6 because I've probably reset my first copy of ACNL more than 10 times, my second copy over 20 times, and my third copy 3 times.
7 because I have 3 copies of ACNL and the only reason I won't get anymore is because Animal Crossing on switch will probably be announced sometime this year or early next year so it's coming soon.
14 because I'm always planting stuff and in my town Belfiore the gardening badge was my first badge and I'm always making hybrids.
A little of 2 because there is always certain stuff I want for my house.

Another type of player could be The Item Hoarder: Gets a bunch of items they don't need, gets so much that there is no space in storage and has to put items on the ground and refuses to give it away or sell it. (I was 100% this person in my first town.)

Last edited:
Back