Blue Hybrid Pansy
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
Purple Violet
Yellow Lily
Red Rose
Yellow Tulip
White Pansy
Red Pansy
Okay so I know there are threads about features we'd like to see in future games but I dont see a recent one and if I don't get this specific feature off of my chest I might actually explode.

SO, what if when you befriended a villager to max level that unlocked the option to pet them? I would scream. All I would do is sit and pet my villagers all day lol!

Would you use this feature? Anything you'd add on to it? Lemme know!

So my favorite is Peewee. You know.. I feel like he'd break my wrist if I tried to pat his head. 😂

Snooties and crankies might end up with a body to bury.

Being able to give a hug would be nice, especially with the normals and lazies. But I think Pyoopi is right - and I can't really see uchis being fond of being petted.

I Thinking about this the other day, I seen Moe upset, don't know why, but I just wanted to hug him and make him feel better.

Not sure the jocks and crannies would appreciate being patted or hugged but maybe you could shake hands instead.

I feel like petting would cross the line...they're supposed to be humanoid animals. I'd just find it really weird. And they'd probably drop the feature in the NA release, like they did with the Fire Emblem game. Maybe something like a hug, high five, handshake or whatever would be more in line.

I feel like petting would cross the line...they're supposed to be humanoid animals. I'd just find it really weird. And they'd probably drop the feature in the NA release, like they did with the Fire Emblem game. Maybe something like a hug, high five, handshake or whatever would be more in line.

High 5 sounds better to me to, hugging would be creep.
or maybe a comfort/soothe option, like you give them a compliment or something

I wouldn't say petting since that would just be really weird when you think about it. Here's what I'd consider for each personality depending on your gender (here it's for males):

Lazy and Jock: Brohug (maybe brofist for Jock or if Ninty isn't comfortable with brohugging (no I'm not referencing pewdiepie ffs))
Peppy and Normal: Hug
Uchi and Cranky: High-five
Snooty and Smug: Dance (since Smug villagers always mention and talk about dancing and I could've sworn one of the Snooty villager dialogs mentions dancing).

Or how about a selection of all the above listed actions? I think that could work a lot.

Yeah petting keeps reminding me of that option they had in the one Fire Emblem game with Corrin? They had to drop it and I saw a clip of it in progress. It just seemed borderline creepy. Like this is supposed to be Fire Emblem...not whatever this is.

What about a noogie? I'd rather have that instead of petting lol.

How about laughing? Or conga line? Or Cossack dance? Or aerobics? Or Rock, Paper, Scissors? Or doing a backflip? Or headbutting? Or-- ok this isn't tf2

I like the idea (loved Pokemon Amie/Refresh in the newer games!!) but yeah, it might be a little weird since they're humanoid animals. Totally on board with hugging and/or high fiving though!

I'm on the high five team. Although, it would be really cool to pet an alligator villager because I've always wanted pet a gator irl. It'd be funny to see their reaction.

Aww hugging would be so adorable ;v; i would love to give Vesta a hug she's so fluffy and cute <3
High fives and stuff would also be fun! Ohh and what if you could like have them walk around with you or something? That would be so cute!

How about laughing? Or conga line? Or Cossack dance? Or aerobics? Or Rock, Paper, Scissors? Or doing a backflip? Or headbutting? Or-- ok this isn't tf2

Omg I just got an image of my villagers doing the conga lol
Think that'd be more fun on festivale instead of just walking about whistling, they could also shake maracas like they do in HHD.

Maybe being able to wave at your villagers in City Folk could come back.

Aww hugging would be so adorable ;v; i would love to give Vesta a hug she's so fluffy and cute <3
High fives and stuff would also be fun! Ohh and what if you could like have them walk around with you or something? That would be so cute!

Having a walk with your villagers is a must need. No exceptions.

Omg I just got an image of my villagers doing the conga lol
Think that'd be more fun on festivale instead of just walking about whistling, they could also shake maracas like they do in HHD.

Maybe being able to wave at your villagers in City Folk could come back.

In New Leaf, you can still wave at your villagers by using the wave emotion, but they always wave back no matter what your friendship is. In e+, if you have max friendship with a villager, they will wave at you when they see you (according to The Cutting Room Floor).

I wouldn't really want to pet my villagers. They're supposed to be other townsfolk, not pets like a domesticated dog or cat. I'd love a wider variety of interaction options, though!

Agreed. That's why I said it'd be weird. It'd just feel like we are demeaning them by petting them lol. High fives all the way!

Agreed. That's why I said it'd be weird. It'd just feel like we are demeaning them by petting them lol. High fives all the way!

I agree as well - the villagers are on the same level as the player characters - after all we're just a different species of animal too!
High-gives and hugs would be fine; basically any interaction appropriate between human friends

Back