Hsn97

Inexperienced Person
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
3659-0452-2022
Isabelle
I see this lot on the rules for visiting of people's towns and I've never understood the reason behind it. Personally, it's never bothered me but why does it bother some of you?

I'm guessing it's because if you talk to someone else's villagers then they will remember you and start mentioning you in conversations. I think people are tired of hearing 'Luna from Virginia is such a Pro Listener' and things haha.

When you talk to a villager, the villager mentions you to the mayor sometimes quite often. I assume it can get annoying especially if you are there only for a trade. Most people dont wanna be constantly reminded of a player they dont even know.

Also it can affect their originality I guess? Idek. I personally don't really mind.

There's also the chance of them moving to the other person's town. And yeah, I've had some of my villager's mention friends I used to hang out with about a year ago (if not more) and it's like dude, I haven't even seen them in the longest time. Shut up about them.

Like everyone else said above, they remember people and mention them in conversations and that would drive me up the wall and through the roof.

When doing transactions, there's no reason for people to talk to someone else's villagers anyways. Just finish what you came for and leave. Obviously it's fine when you're good friends, but when you're doing a transaction in a stranger's town.. yeah, just don't do it. It's unnecessary and I personally consider it rude.

It's completely fine if there's a rule that says 'feel free to talk to my villagers!" or if you ask the host's permission and they say yes, but other than that I just see no reason to do it.

It does not effect anything. Some people are just too sensitive? Like Wth
In my opinion I see no problem with it , Feel free to talk to all my villagers. Lol

I can see why they'd get annoyed Pancake. The villager's treat all visitors as the mayor/others friends. They don't treat them like someone who visited to deliver goods.

So I can see why it'd be annoying to see one of my villagers say "I can't wait until RandomBobJoeSchmoe comes back to visit! They were such a flower fan!"

I can see why they'd get annoyed Pancake. The villager's treat all visitors as the mayor/others friends. They don't treat them like someone who visited to deliver goods.

So I can see why it'd be annoying to see one of my villagers say "I can't wait until RandomBobJoeSchmoe comes back to visit! They were such a flower fan!"

Oh wow! I didn't know. Thank you for heads up.

I apologize if my comment came harsh. : )

I wouldn't mind if they were my friend that I brought over to play with, go ahead and talk to them!
Otherwise if I was just trading, then nah, cause I'm gonna forget you after anyway.

^^^ Thank you!! Like 3 years ago I had an old friend visit and he talked to all of my villagers. He had a very offensive name and town name. I was not very happy whenever my villagers brought him up, to say the least. LOL

It would be irritating - for most people - if they went to talk to their villagers and they mentioned some random person that they only met online once. If that person contributed towards a bad online experience, then you don't want to think about them. If they're virtually a stranger (you don't know them outside of the one time they came to your town), then it's like, 'who is this?' and it makes you feel awkward. Not to mention that it's just entirely unnecessary to talk to someone's villager(s) if you're not there to bring them to your town (trade is already arranged, the villager is in boxes, and you've paid the price). IMO, Talking to someone's villagers should only happen between longtime friends/player partners and/or during villager sales/trades.

^^^ Thank you!! Like 3 years ago I had an old friend visit and he talked to all of my villagers. He had a very offensive name and town name. I was not very happy whenever my villagers brought him up, to say the least. LOL
Oh man that would really suck, because it's not like you can go to Isabelle to tell them to stop mentioning a visitors name...Mine are from a few friends who were pretty close way back in early 2016. And now two of them avoid me like the plague, so it gets grating whenever my villagers mention their names again. It's like 'dude I'm trying to forget these backstabbers and you're not helping.'

Last edited:
I know it's been answered a lot above, but it's mainly because they mention the names of the people they talk to very commonly which can get annoying, especially when it's a person you or even they haven't met in years. Also, if a villager is moving out, they might move to the town of the person who talked to them which is bad for the original town's owner. Another reason why the rule exists is that the owner of the town might've sent an embarrassing letter to a villager, and villagers occasionally show people letters that players sent them.

I have always wondered about this too, I had assumed maybe it made Villagers want to move sooner or something by the way so many towns have very stern warnings about this.

Back