• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Would you want to be president?

Would you want to be president?

• Total voters

wizard

Landon
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Green Candy
Yellow Candy
Tasty Cake
This country is to hard to work with so no, and I probably won't even be a citizen of this country anymore by the time I'm old enough to be president. What about you?

No. I'm not articulate and well-spoken enough. So glad I live in Australia, though. Sometimes I hate the American political and legal system. Most of the time, actually.

No. I'm not articulate and well-spoken enough. So glad I live in Australia, though. Sometimes I hate the American political and legal system. Most of the time, actually.

I hate it too, I don't know how someone could call this country a democracy.

Last edited:

Also, wasn't it Trump's idea to ban transgenders from joining the military, and he didn't have anyone else vote to pass the legislation?
I haven't looked too much into it, though. I may be completely off the mark.

Last edited:

Well, it is a republic so yeah...

Anyway, I voted yes. No Marine has ever been elected president, so I think it'd be cool to be the first. But honestly, this country is too divided and I'm sure my name would be dragged through the mud whichever way I stand. We're too full of hate for the other side in this country.

I don't think it's right to wish death upon someone for what they believe in, that's ****ed up.

No thanks, WAYYYY too much pressure! I'd probably blow my head off or something.:p

No thank you. I hate anything that involves me being put in charge, and it'd be a ridiculous amount of pressure.
It'd be cool to live in a place like the white house though. (and the $$$ that comes with it :cool:)

edit: ik they don't make a super ridiculous amount of money, but it's still pretty nice compared to what I make now. :I

Last edited:
No thank you. I hate anything that involves me being put in charge, and it'd be a ridiculous amount of pressure.
It'd be cool to live in a place like the white house though. (and the $$$ that comes with it :cool:)

The president's salary isn't actually as much as people think it is.

oh gosh, no way. it's fun to think about, but realistically i wouldn't be able to handle all the pressure and responsibility haha. so much decision-making, that would be really difficult to handle since i change my mind a lot and i'm usually really neutral and middle ground on some things.

No. The media is too sensitive and nitpicky, and I would probably offend everyone with the type of personality and attitude I have.

I'm not going to apply this to my country instead I'm going to talk about being the President of the US.

I wouldn't want to be the President because I really don't care about the people enough to put myself under that amount of pressure. You will always be mixed received because people cannot handle different ideologies and will become violent if things dont go their way. This can be seen as rational or irrational depending on the situation and I wouldn't like to be the reason why those things happen.

I really couldn't care less if people criticised my hair, face, body shape, weight or my height because it's what people usually do when they find themselves a new obsession, good or bad. They praise or criticise everything and anything a person does if they are in the spotlight and it's such a bother to me so I wouldn't like to be on the pedestal, not because those comments would affect me but because I really don't want people to waste their time on someone who doesn't give a carp about them. :lemon:

It's not a rewarding thing to do, you will always be seen as bad or good depending on people's stance. You will never be seen as what the country needs by everybody so it's not worth the time if you dont satisfy everyone. And if you don't, those people will became feral animals and start riots and civil wars. If you somehow do what the people want then a nice pat on the back is deserved along with a bit paycheck, you will be remembered for being great in history....It rarely happens though.

Most likely no. I feel like I don't have the energy for it and the responsibility of handling situations that would greatly affect people's lives. Plus having the world watching your every move sounds super invasive. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy being around people but to have people with me almost everywhere I go doesn't sound fun. I like my independence. :p

Back