• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

My Friend Took My Game

She said I'm overreacting over losing something(s) in a game and that I should be thankful for the work she did.

I know. And was the town made better after her alterations? Maybe in her eyes it was.

I'm going to try to rebuild it from what I have now, before flat out resetting everything

You ought to thank her?!? That is being manipulative. I don't care if your town now looks like a showpiece, if you didn't want it that way, she had no right to touch it.

As others have offered, I don't have everything in the world, but if I have something you need to replace, I'd be happy to help.

Dude go to her real house or room and rearrange everything. Even the carpet. Then tell her the same exact thing.

tinycomet,

I’m an adult.

I can offer you the following…

What kind of friendship you have is something that may not be easily explainable here.

One thing, should you continue hanging with this person, is that you should end playing “Animal Crossing: New Leaf” together.

If your friendship does end, part of it may be over this; part of it may be that the two of you don’t have a genuine friendship; part of it may be that you two go in separate directions. (That this isn’t only about “Animal Crossing: New Leaf.”)

I’m not there.

I would recommend, first thing is first, to never again share your personal possessions with her, like the game “Animal Crossing: New Leaf.”

Wow, with friends like that who needs enemies? Anyone, friend or not, who gets within a inch of my 3DS, computer, games, tv or anything else of mine without permission will get their eyes clawed out. I'm EXTREMELY protective of my stuff.

That person is terrible! Sheesh, the fact that she's didn't even apologize is crazy. It's you're own game, and what you like is your business, not HERS. I'm getting worked up about this now. Does she act like that outside of animal crossing, too? cause if so I would suggest ending the friendship. I'm not an expert tho.

I would drop her like a hot potato. NO ONE has the right to tell you how to enjoy YOUR game - let alone make drastic edits without your permission or f***ing STEAL IT. The money for the system and the game came from your pockets. The work with landscaping, events, getting the villagers you want, etc. came from your personal playthroughs. No one has the right to invalidate that or make it "better" in their eyes. They want a town that they can enjoy? They can buy their own system, their own game, and they can mess with that to their heart's content.

Last edited:
Okay, so that, right there seemed like a toxic relationshio, and believe I know about those. To be honest i think the most mature thing you could do is simply move on and never trust her again, I dont know.how deep your relationship was but you should start giving distance to that friendship. It is not worth to make a fuss out of it since.your town won't come.back as it was unless you put the effort into it, but now you know she is not someone who deserves you at all. Anyway, good luck and hopefully if you decide to restart you'll get an even better town! If you need fruit or something to catalog or whatever feel free to ask!

Wow, with friends like that who needs enemies? Anyone, friend or not, who gets within a inch of my 3DS, computer, games, tv or anything else of mine without permission will get their eyes clawed out. I'm EXTREMELY protective of my stuff.

I usually am; I thought it would have been fine to leave my DS with her while I got food, but guess not

(I'm going to update my DA to the mess that it currently is, because as terrible as it is, it's kind of funny)

- - - Post Merge - - -

That person is terrible! Sheesh, the fact that she's didn't even apologize is crazy. It's you're own game, and what you like is your business, not HERS. I'm getting worked up about this now. Does she act like that outside of animal crossing, too? cause if so I would suggest ending the friendship. I'm not an expert tho.

Not really, at least not to my face^

- - - Post Merge - - -

I would drop her like a hot potato. NO ONE has the right to tell you how to enjoy YOUR game - let alone make drastic edits without your permission or f***ing STEAL IT. The money for the system and the game came from your pockets. The work with landscaping, events, getting the villagers you want, etc. came from your personal playthroughs. No one has the right to invalidate that or make it "better" in their eyes. They want a town that they can enjoy? They can buy their own system, their own game, and they can mess with that to their heart's content.

LOL I would drop her like a hot potato
See, she HAS her own game and wanted to 'experiment' with mine; she put all the pwps she likes in my town, because she "wants to see if they look good in game or not, and same with the villagers.

Last edited:
See, she HAS her own game and wanted to 'experiment' with mine; she put all the pwps she likes in my town, because she "wants to see if they look good in game or not, and same with the villagers.[/QUOTE]

wow, right there man, she is using you.. and that is not something nice of a friend to do

You should end your friendship with her immediately. She sounds like an awful friend. Seriously, stealing your game and then ruining it AND having the nerve to say she "made it better"? She will just continue to do stuff like this to you as time goes on, so you ahould end your friendship with her right now before she does something even worse.

If she wanted to "experiment" she should have done so with her own town. Honestly, it sounds like she was just jealous of your town so she purposefully wrecked it to hurt you.

Really sorry that your "friend" did that to you. Most of us on here work really hard on our towns and know how awful something like that would be. She doesn't seem like a very good friend at all! I agree with what others have said as well. I've heard of hacked towns getting "corrupted " and stop working. Someone posted the other day that just scanning an Amiibo card ruined some aspect of his town. I'm sure there are lots of ways to fix it, but I'm sure you have to be skilled in that department to maintain it and make sure nothing like that happens. So you would be better off resetting and building the new town from scratch rather than trying to rebuild your current town from scratch. Just my opinion. Again I'm very sorry!!

She has her own game correct? Did she also hack that one? Why couldn't she experiment on her own game and ruin it? Or better yet, why couldn't she buy an additional copy, seeing as it's only $20.

I don't recommend resetting, better to keep everything you worked hard to earn than throw it away and do it again. Even though your town is destroyed, I think you can fix everything back from scratch. Might take some time, but I know you can do it ^^

I agree. As long the damage isn't permanent nothing can't be fix in acnl ( i am talking about the legal one k). Villagers can be cycle back and tree can be plant, pwp can be remove and rebuild too as for the permanent 1, we will work a way out of if lol and there is so many people here are willing to help I have a cycle town btw!

Wait, how old is she? If she's 20 or something, that's very immature of her to do that since I've had 4 year-olds mess up my Wild World save file.

What I would suggest is to stop playing ACNL with her. If she still acts that pompous and condescending towards you outside of that game, I would end that friendship.

You should end your friendship with her immediately. She sounds like an awful friend. Seriously, stealing your game and then ruining it AND having the nerve to say she "made it better"? She will just continue to do stuff like this to you as time goes on, so you ahould end your friendship with her right now before she does something even worse.

If she wanted to "experiment" she should have done so with her own town. Honestly, it sounds like she was just jealous of your town so she purposefully wrecked it to hurt you.

^She said the following:

"?, I'm sorry for messing with ur town. I wanted to test hacks on ur game since ur town isn't fully developed like mine. After playing around, I decided to swap out villagers for ones that are popular on the bell tree site you're on from time to time. I have a copy of ur garden save file. I'll email u it and u can figure it out. (she explains hacking here, which isn't allowed in the forums, and has been cut out. Not that u'd want to hack but if u do, it's there."

I am in no way saying I am promoting hacking or anything in anyway. I am saying she suggested it after being confronted about it, and about why she would do that. (I didn't confront her, my *other* friend did, after visiting my desert wasteland)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Really sorry that your "friend" did that to you. Most of us on here work really hard on our towns and know how awful something like that would be. She doesn't seem like a very good friend at all! I agree with what others have said as well. I've heard of hacked towns getting "corrupted " and stop working. Someone posted the other day that just scanning an Amiibo card ruined some aspect of his town. I'm sure there are lots of ways to fix it, but I'm sure you have to be skilled in that department to maintain it and make sure nothing like that happens. So you would be better off resetting and building the new town from scratch rather than trying to rebuild your current town from scratch. Just my opinion. Again I'm very sorry!!

While I did work hard (so much time breeding hybrids, lol), I feel having a blank canvas isn't the worst thing ever. The villagers will come and go (thank goodness she didn't replace ALL of them), and flowers can be re-bred, or bought.

I realise resetting would be best, but I want to see what, if anything, I can do before deleting all progress (museum-/encyclopedia-, catalogue- and badge-wise).

No need to be sorry, and thank you!

- - - Post Merge - - -

She has her own game correct? Did she also hack that one? Why couldn't she experiment on her own game and ruin it? Or better yet, why couldn't she buy an additional copy, seeing as it's only $20.

Her town is incredibly hacked (won't go into details, but yes, it was).

She said she wanted to play around with the editor but not at the expense of her save file.

Off topic but, it's only 20$ for you? It's like 30$ here (Yes, I know a 10$ difference isn't much, but still)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I agree. As long the damage isn't permanent nothing can't be fix in acnl ( i am talking about the legal one k). Villagers can be cycle back and tree can be plant, pwp can be remove and rebuild too as for the permanent 1, we will work a way out of if lol and there is so many people here are willing to help I have a cycle town btw!

Yea, there's no permanent damage (no plants or random items in the water, nothing out of reach, etc).

I'm currently in the process of building pwps, and time travelling (not ideal, but it's what I decided to do).

Thank you so much! ^-^ (Sorry this message is so choppy, I'm just sleepy xD)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wait, how old is she? If she's 20 or something, that's very immature of her to do that since I've had 4 year-olds mess up my Wild World save file.

What I would suggest is to stop playing ACNL with her. If she still acts that pompous and condescending towards you outside of that game, I would end that friendship.

She's like, 19-ish.

Yea, that's going to be the last time I play NL with her, or even leave my DS alone when getting food or something.

- - - Post Merge - - -

On the bright side...

I was really struggling to find things to do with or for my town in terms of landscaping and PWP placement. Having the ponds removed (by her), rocks moved out of the way, and all flowers (lo rip ;-; ), trees, and patterns taken out, I have been given the chance to redo everything. So far, I've added white carnations as temporary paths (work in progress; I bred a ton of carnations because I was going to use them to decorate the town in a different way)

While the town still doesn't have a theme, it does give me the opportunity to find one, or to convert it into a colour- or flower-town. OI'm not saying I'm happy about this, but I'm not super super angry either. Can't stay mad forever c:

Ohh i'd kill a b**ch and drop her so fast. That's disrespectful to you.

I literally cried when my boyfriend cut my trees down as a joke..i let him do it now that i know there is an editor or that i can save before he comes and then import it back after he leaves but the first few times i was either pissed or crying. I love him so much and i know he loves me too and i knew he was joking/playing and when he knew i was upset he planted trees for me to make me feel better. He just didn't get it at that point i spent YEARS getting it perfect just for him to tear it down. I did take it personally at the time but now i literally help him xD its kinda fun to let your hair down and not be so serious all the time and he helps me do that.

Either way she had no right. At all. I'm afraid without a back up save you cannot get it back to the way it was :/
Its okay to have a different opinion to others what is not is acting it out and she acted and that is not right on any level.
Just no. A biig NOPE. You worked hard on that (so gonna dream it later) and she had no right to touch it no matter her opinion.
Advise yeah maybe but what she did... that's far from advising.

I AM NOT OKAY WITH THIS.

I am so sorry hun..but i hope when you start over you will be happy <3 If you need help, PM me!

P.s do you know how to save your game or did she literally take you cartridge?

Last edited:
She's like, 19-ish.

19-ish...is old enough to make a mature decision. You may continue the friendship but do not ever let her go near your 3ds again lol other people might say "it just a game!!!". It's no longer "just a game!" after all the time and effort you put into something.

Ohh i'd kill a b**ch and drop her so fast. That's disrespectful to you.

I literally cried when my boyfriend cut my trees down as a joke..i let him do it now that i know there is an editor or that i can save before he comes and then import it back after he leaves but the first few times i was either pissed or crying. I love him so much and i know he loves me too and i knew he was joking/playing and when he knew i was upset he planted trees for me to make me feel better. He just didn't get it at that point i spent YEARS getting it perfect just for him to tear it down. I did take it personally at the time but now i literally help him xD its kinda fun to let your hair down and not be so serious all the time and he helps me do that.

1. To be fair, you planted the trees and waited and put them in possibly specific places, so makes sense. (Off topic-ish, I updated my DS and do know how to use the editor; I am not saying I am going to use it. Just saying I know how to use it if I wanted to. Yes I know I state this every time, I just don't want to get in trouble by moderators.

Either way she had no right. At all. I'm afraid without a back up save you cannot get it back to the way it was :/
Its okay to have a different opinion to others what is not is acting it out and she acted and that is not right on any level.
Just no. A biig NOPE. You worked hard on that (so gonna dream it later) and she had no right to touch it no matter her opinion.
Advise yeah maybe but what she did... that's far from advising.

I AM NOT OKAY WITH THIS.

I am so sorry hun..but i hope when you start over you will be happy <3 If you need help, PM me!

P.s do you know how to save your game or did she literally take you cartridge?

2. I know there is no way to get the original, un-hacked save file of my town. On the bright side, it is dream-able until I update it.

She took the literal cartridge and SD card (this wasn't stated earlier, but yes, she took the SD card as well)

To better explain, the time before this, she had added software to my 2DS, and I never really paid attention to it, and that is how it was possible for her to change the maps and have it load in my system. She went through, and imported the save, etc.) so when I loaded it, the new map would be uploaded to the game.

EDIT:
I didn't notice she had my SD as well, as I had been busy with school prep and studying (music) theory, and hadn't been able to play my DS.

Last edited:
Back