Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
White Rose
Blue Hybrid Rose
Purple Violet
White Violet
Leif
We were playing new leaf, and she decided to basically edit my map for me (without letting me know or anything), so now I with different villagers and no paths or anything (though maybe I'll just cut everything down and start with a desert town) (And no, she did not make a backup, for whatever reason)

This was a really random post, sorry!

That's a pretty crap move on your friends part. I'd ask her why she thought it was okay to mess with your stuff without your permission. I was always taught to not mess with other people's stuff.

It's one thing if someone accidentally ruins something, be it a game file, or whatever. It's another whole thing to deliberately do it. How far were you and what accomplishments did you have?

End that friendship lol.
I'd probably just restart my town tbh.

I want to reset, but I'd worked so hard in this town xD (Maybe I will; I'll think about it)

- - - Post Merge - - -

That's a pretty crap move on your friends part. I'd ask her why she thought it was okay to mess with your stuff without your permission. I was always taught to not mess with other people's stuff.

It's one thing if someone accidentally ruins something, be it a game file, or whatever. It's another whole thing to deliberately do it. How far were you and what accomplishments did you have?

I had caught almost every bug and fish, completed the museum (not the art stuff,lol)

Gotten quite a few gold badges, and had started landscaping. But, since paths are gone, and PWPs are as well, and villagers are changed, I'm considering restarting.^

(Unless I figure out how to change it back xD)

Last edited:
There isn't any changing it back. You'll have to start at ground up. I would definitely reset so you can change the name of the town and mayor to what you want it to be. And maybe the whole map reset thing, if you're into that...but I don't bother with it. It seems like too much trouble.

Did you happen to upload a DA? Because if you did, you can visit it and reclaim your qr paths again. Unless they weren't created by you. Then you'll have to hunt them down again.

I'd also password protect your DS if I were you. That way if your friend or anyone decides to do that again, they can't. Unless you give them the password, then you're just asking for it. Sorry that this happened though, that totally sucks!

There isn't any changing it back. You'll have to start at ground up. I would definitely reset so you can change the name of the town and mayor to what you want it to be. And maybe the whole map reset thing, if you're into that...but I don't bother with it. It seems like too much trouble.

Did you happen to upload a DA? Because if you did, you can visit it and reclaim your qr paths again. Unless they weren't created by you. Then you'll have to hunt them down again.

I'd also password protect your DS if I were you. That way if your friend or anyone decides to do that again, they can't. Unless you give them the password, then you're just asking for it. Sorry that this happened though, that totally sucks!

I mean manually replanting everything, and destroying and building all pwps up again. As far as villagers go, I can't do, but it isn't the worst thing ever^

My DA that's uploaded is out dated, and my town was (always was) a WIP)

Password protecting a DS is a thing? I mean, she took the cartridge out when I went to get something (and then a few days later told me I accidentally put my cartridge in her bag)

Thank you so much c:

Last edited:
So she stole it as well as sabotaged it?

That is not a friend.

I asked her about it and she said
"I made your town better. All those ugly flower paths, and the villagers were terrible. Now you have awesome villagers"

I liked Nan and Daisy and Dotty and all the not super popular villagers^

(DA before this happened: 4E00-0067-47A2

*The town was still a WIP at the time of this update

Last edited:
I don't know much, but this doesn't really sound like a friend that respects you. I would totally give her space and have her contact you. Don't give her your trust so easily when she fracked it up.

See I just assumed she popped it into her DS when she was in your house. Now that I know she stole it and sabotaged your game data, she's sounding more like a petty and terrible friend.

And that comment you made above of how she responded just proves our point. She should APOLOGIZE for her crappy behavior, not act like she was in the right.

Last edited:
I don't know much, but this doesn't really sound like a friend that respects you. I would totally give her space and have her contact you. Don't give her your trust so easily when she fracked it up.

Wasn't trusting her, but when I loaded the game after she gave it back, I asked what she did to my town and that's what her response was.

I'm going to start building pwps, getting flowers from the island, and attempt to bring hybrids back into the town before completely resetting

Last edited:
Wait, what do you mean by "edit the map"?

Technically known as 'hacking'; she moved villager houses, removed rocks, removed pavement around retail, etc.

I don't want to get an infraction for something I didn't do

(I say this because my last infraction was caused by my friend, same one, had wanted to make a TBT account in June. She used my computer because she was at my house at the time, and TBT thought it was me, attempting to make a second account)

Pretty sure edit the map means that she killed the original save file and made her own file.

Technically known as 'hacking'; she moved villager houses, removed rocks, removed pavement around retail, etc.

I don't want to get an infraction for something I didn't do

(I say this because my last infraction was caused by my friend, same one, had wanted to make a TBT account in June. She used my computer because she was at my house at the time, and TBT thought it was me, attempting to make a second account)

I could help you fix your town with that, pretty unfair that you have to redo everything when you worked hard on your town :(
This is my new account too, but I didn't get an infraction (because I completely lost access to my old one)

That.. is an awful thing to do.

If you steal something that belongs to your friend, sabotage their work, and then proceed to insult their work.. you are not a good friend. At all. People who do that kind of stuff frustrate me to no end because I know how it feels.

I would break it off if I were you. At the very least, she needs to sincerely apologize.

I am very sorry for your lost game. I hope you're okay with starting fresh. After all, it can be fun to start fresh sometimes :) If you need any help with items or flowers I'm sure a lot of people here would be more than happy to help you.

Best of luck!

I would break it off if I were you. At the very least, she needs to sincerely apologize.
Couldn't agree more with this. And yeah, if you need help hit me up to...I can't be a huge help like the old timers, but I can provide you with some stuff. I also have a forest of perfect cherries that you can harvest from!

I asked her about it and she said
"I made your town better. All those ugly flower paths, and the villagers were terrible. Now you have awesome villagers"

I liked Nan and Daisy and Dotty and all the not super popular villagers^

(DA before this happened: 4E00-0067-47A2

*The town was still a WIP at the time of this update

Wut?! even if so it doesn't give her the authority to decide who is the best villagers for you!! You are the mayor of your town and other people opinion remain opinion! I would have ended the friendship lol

That.. is an awful thing to do.

If you steal something that belongs to your friend, sabotage their work, and then proceed to insult their work.. you are not a good friend. At all. People who do that kind of stuff frustrate me to no end because I know how it feels.

I am very sorry for your lost game. I hope you're okay with starting fresh. After all, it can be fun to start fresh sometimes :) If you need any help with items or flowers I'm sure a lot of people here would be more than happy to help you.

Best of luck!

Thank you so much!

I'm attempting fixing the town before just restarting it all.

She said I'm overreacting over losing something(s) in a game and that I should be thankful for the work she did.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Couldn't agree more with this. And yeah, if you need help hit me up to...I can't be a huge help like the old timers, but I can provide you with some stuff. I also have a forest of perfect cherries that you can harvest from!

Thank you so, so much for offering to help, it's much appreciated. I'm going to see what I have and what I need and go from there.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wut?! even if so it doesn't give her the authority to decide who is the best villagers for you!! You are the mayor of your town and other people opinion remain opinion! I would have ended the friendship lol

I know. And was the town made better after her alterations? Maybe in her eyes it was.

I'm going to try to rebuild it from what I have now, before flat out resetting everything

Last edited:
I don't recommend resetting, better to keep everything you worked hard to earn than throw it away and do it again. Even though your town is destroyed, I think you can fix everything back from scratch. Might take some time, but I know you can do it ^^

Back